ADVERTISEMENT

Have they announced any rules changes for next year?

Glenn's take

All-American
May 20, 2012
I was hoping they would go with the wider lane and the 4 quarters. Have they announced any rules changes or do they do that later?

I was hoping they would go with the wider lane and the 4 quarters. Have they announced any rules changes or do they do that later?
It's bee(n) kicked arou(n)d glen(n) but much like the (n)o(n)e and do(n)re rule it will take years before they implame(n)t it. That said, I would like to see them try it a little more

Charging will no longer be a judgement call since none of the officials had any. All such calls will be based on coin flips for consistency.

Any call resulting in flopping against Duke will result in an automatic ejection. The offending official will be sent to the showers immediately. Apparently the NCAA had enough of the Duke flopping crap so they assured such calls would not occur in future.

That’s the only two I’ve heard rumors on.

It's bee(n) kicked arou(n)d glen(n) but much like the (n)o(n)e and do(n)re rule it will take years before they implame(n)t it. That said, I would like to see them try it a little more
Are you having a stroke? Do you smell burning hair?

Yes.

Got a preview of the recommendations from a reliable source:

1. Work with NBA to enact baseball-style rule for entry into the draft.
2. Move the 3 point line to the NBA line
4. Change to 10 minute quarters
3. Allow only one charge per player per quarter.
5. Jumpball in cases of tie-up. No more alternating possession except in cases of death.
6. Floor slap is automatic flagrant 2.
G. Coach fence built along the sidelines to prevent techs on coaches. Team may choose fence design.
8. If an ACC team gets beaten by an SEC or PAC12 team, they are relegated to the SWAC.
9. Vanderbilt has to quit playing and build a basketball arena.
X. That's enough with the crazy floor and colors, Oregon.
XI. Coach K is allowed a game off with pay after a Duke loss or injury to star player.
12. Seriously, Oregon. Stop it.
13. NCAA tourney is expanded to 128 teams in case Seth Greenberg ever gets another coaching job.
14. If you have the word 'Helms' or any reference to a mythical championship in your gym: automatic disaccreditation for the entire university.

TIFWIW

If K announces his retirement no one will be allowed to beat Duke

UNC players won't be required to attend class

John Calipari will be required to stay in a 3' x 3' coaching box while the coaching box for everyone else will remain the same

If a player plans to attend UK then he can't reclassify while the time frame for a Duke player reclassification will be reduced to 12 hours.

Reactions: H00SIER-Cat
ADVERTISEMENT