ADVERTISEMENT

Has Patricia Forde gone into the....

Was it him or Bozich that Matt Jones said gathered a group of reporters around him after Cal got hired and basically said that Cal would get them on probation and that it was a terrible hire?

He made it sound like it happened after Cal's initial press conference, is that true?? On UK's turf?

Was it him or Bozich that Matt Jones said gathered a group of reporters around him after Cal got hired and basically said that Cal would get them on probation and that it was a terrible hire?

He made it sound like it happened after Cal's initial press conference, is that true?? On UK's turf?
He also said that he would 'take Cal down personally'.

witness protection program?

Where is this piece of trash? He likes to run his mouth any chance he gets about Cal, but now that the biggest story in college basketball is happening in his back yard, he has nothing to say.
Are you surprised? Not me. If this was Cal, all of these pos would be all over the TV and Social Media 24\7 because lets face it, they're all Calipari Haters and always will be...

He has his cannon ball head shoved up his arse. Shaq will have to stand on one shoulder and Barkley the other to get it out.

He was last seen going through airport security (head up Pitino's butt as usual) on their way to a little weekend getaway...
th

Last edited:
witness protection program?

Where is this piece of trash? He likes to run his mouth any chance he gets about Cal, but now that the biggest story in college basketball is happening in his back yard, he has nothing to say.
The truth is. Forde is in the hospital. A team of Proctologists are in the process of removing his nose from Tom Jurich's rear end.

Reactions: Fox2monk
For those who believe the banner isn't a big deal, here you go. Ms. Patricia Ford:

LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Tuesday, April 9, 2013, was a day of unbridled joy in this city – maybe collectively the happiest I’ve seen people in 30 years living here.

Red-and-black car flags were everywhere. Brand-new championship T-shirts covered puffed-out chests. Smiles spread across faces all around town. The communal giddiness was palpable.

The night before in Atlanta, Louisville basketball got back into the championship game and took it all. A fan base that for generations has lived and died with the Cardinals was on top of the world. They had won their third national title, 27 years after the last one, and many years after some people said it could never happen again at an urban school.

Thursday, four years and two months later, that fan base has been flattened by an unprecedented penalty handed down by the NCAA. The worst fear that sprang from the tawdry story Yahoo Sports broke in October 2015 has come to fruition.

For the first time, the NCAA has vacated a Division I men’s basketball national championship. Not yet officially, because the NCAA is such an obtuse, protocol-shackled organization that it is waiting for Louisville to send in the names of players who received impermissible benefits – stripper shows and sex acts paid for by former staffer Andre McGee, one of the most embarrassing scandals in a sport that routinely wallows in corruption.

Once the names of the involved players have been formally submitted and formally received, and the box scores have been checked – something that unofficially has already happened both here and at NCAA headquarters in Indianapolis – they can declare the title vacated. And then Louisville can appeal and we can wait a few more months.

834be1923bafa4113b2f152c9506f3c1

Rick Pitino’s Louisville team won the national title in 2013, but the banner could be coming down soon. (AP)
But the writing is on the wall and banner is in the air for just a short while longer, unless the appeal is won.

“We are devastated by the news,” said coach Rick Pitino, himself facing a five-game suspension during Atlantic Coast Conference play next season for a failure to monitor McGee.

Devastation seems like an apt descriptor.

Just don’t take the banner.

That was the refrain I heard repeatedly after the first seedy story broke. Probation? Fine. Scholarship reductions? OK. Everyone, even Pitino himself, was deemed more expendable to many fans than the cloth hanging in the Yum Center.

It is mere symbolism, that banner. Many fans will still cling to the fact that the Cardinals won the games on the court. But the symbolism is powerful, and so is the gut punch that comes with making the worst kind of NCAA history.

Keeping that championship intact was a major reason why the school self-imposed a postseason ban in 2015-16, taking a very competitive team out of ACC and NCAA play. When the news came back Thursday that, sorry, it wasn’t enough, the Louisville leadership was stunned and angry.

And the leadership at other schools nationally should be on high alert. Especially in Chapel Hill, N.C.

They might as well start unclipping the fasteners holding North Carolina’s basketball banners aloft in the Dean Dome for the 2005 and ’09 national titles. Both of those were compromised by academic fraud, even though the school has been tenaciously rebutting the NCAA’s jurisdiction to even apply sanctions in the case.

When that laborious case finally makes its way to the Committee on Infractions, you can bet North Carolina will have an increased level of awareness and trepidation after seeing what happened to Louisville. Because as much as StripperGate merited a harsh NCAA response, it still took something of an extra effort from the committee to apply it.

COI chief hearing office Carol Cartwright said in her teleconference remarks Thursday, “I don’t believe the Committee on Infractions has ever encountered a case like that.” With that as backdrop, she alluded to a requirement for McGee to “act with honor and dignity,” which is basically invoking a morals clause that probably cannot be found anywhere in the very thick NCAA rules manual.

Yea, and the title of the article focuses on UNC. He's already trying to deflect UL's sins and focus instead on UNC. Still can't figure out how Forde can be considered a journalist covering Pitino when Pitino is his business partner (they wrote a book together).

Yea, and the title of the article focuses on UNC. He's already trying to deflect UL's sins and focus instead on UNC. Still can't figure out how Forde can be considered a journalist covering Pitino when Pitino is his business partner (they wrote a book together).

He's in 'the family' isn't he? No morals or ethics allowed.

Jones has hinted a time or two that Bozich isn't a big fan of Cal. But nothing like Forde, who was on 6 or 7 radio and tv shows the day Cal was hired and called his hiring an "April Fool's Joke." And since then hasn't wasted a chance to get a dig in at Cal's expense. Forde' love affair with Rick, his predictions of Cal's scandal ridden demise, and then Louisville getting into this kind of sordid mess and becoming the first school ever to vacate a national title is the ultimate irony. And incredibly gratifying.

And I have to admit, Bozich has stepped up in a way that I didn't think any Louisville media person would on the whole saga - he's hammered Louisville and Pitino pretty hard. Eric Crawford has been a little more favorable, but even he hit it pretty hard after Thursday's announcement. The Crawford and Bozich Friday columns are for the ages......

Wonder when their new book collaboration will be released??
"Syphilis Stools...The Art of Losing a Title 1.0"

51rAb15IFNL._SL300_.jpg

I think that is one of the more comical parts of this entire situation. Before this, Louisville fans were enjoying the warm and fuzzy feeling of cozying up with their "ACC brother"; Taking UNC's side through all the scandal.

Now it's "what about UNC?" - "UNC's scandal was way worse" etc.

Won't be long now before those fan bases turn on each other quickly.

Louisville will be the most hated program in that conference moving forward, if the ACC even keeps them.

Just read Crawford's article; started off well but then he just turns into another Pitino apologist.

There's one guy that's been at the center of all this, one guy responsible. He has always taken all the credit and none of the blame. Always.

His tryst in a public restaurant with a woman he barely knew set the tone for UofL. He may have gotten away with it at the time but the program paid a price, it was just a few years later than it should have been.

That incident was a peek into the psyche of this guy for everyone, most especially the people that worked with him and the kids that considered committing to his program.

So he ended up with players that saw behavior in their mentors that they eventually started duplicating themselves. Ummm, duh. That's what mentoring is. He is just a shitty mentor.

So the grand Pimp is what we all knew he was once the Sypher story was told. He was under pressure from Cal and from losing to Morehead State and he asked his guys to do what they had to do so he could save face. He knew or looked the other way.

Pretty simple stuff. I'm amazed that people like Crawford and other UofL fans still go out of their way to defend this guy that has basically shit all over their program for the past 7-8 years.

Last edited:
Bozich has already said that Rick should be fired if did know and also if he did not know.
Crawford starts off saying this is bad but then jumps into RP apology mode.
Forde never once asks why he still has a job, he is a national writer, understand maybe local guys may not broach but feel like most would ask . How can HC keep job? How can Jurich keep job with the Ramsey and money from foundation showing up.
Crawford wrote a story back when all this hit that he had to take a step back since he had co written book with Rick. This is such BS. Forde should be a national writer and say what a real journalist would do. How and why.

I think what makes these cases all the more unusual is the coaches in question have been protected to no end. Anywhere else and the coach in charge is the first or second one to go.

I think what makes these cases all the more unusual is the coaches in question have been protected to no end. Anywhere else and the coach in charge is the first or second one to go.

College basketball is so strange now. Coaches turn down programs they wouldnt hav, even 20 years ago. Im sure its because the salaries are so insane now. You dont have to leave wichita state for kansas if you dont prefer the challange. You cant replace Pitino or Williams. Donovan and Stevens are not happening. Miller isn't happening, hell even someone like Wright wouldnt budge. There are very few good coaches today.

Which makes Pitino look even worse. There are only around 10 programs who he even has to compete with and his salary is a kings fortune in most places of the world. You dont know hookers are being sold to players and recruits for FOUR YEARS? Would he have monitored his program better had he been making 100 million a season?

These coaches are paid unreal amounts of money to do two things, not embarrass the university and win. Ignorance Is no excuse for Pitino.

I'm amazed that people like Crawford and other UofL fans still go out of their way to defend this guy that has basically shit all over their program for the past 7-8 years.

Crum gave U of L a taste of elite status and it was a long time before the fan base tasted it again. Pitino got them there. That overcomes a lot of sins. I remember when this first came out, Bomani Jones said Pitino would be okay as long as he kept winning.

Reactions: Cat78Scot
Crum gave U of L a taste of elite status and it was a long time before the fan base tasted it again. Pitino got them there. That overcomes a lot of sins. I remember when this first came out, Bomani Jones said Pitino would be okay as long as he kept winning.

They're like an abused girlfriend or wife that doesn't have the self confidence and/or courage to cut ties.

Reactions: WildcatDJ
This afternoon on ESPN radio the Host was calling RP a POS for his remarks about the punishment handed down by the NCAA. He said Rick should resign and said in his opinion they should have got more punishment than what was handed out for exposing 16 year old kids to Strippers. He said he could care less about the banner or vacated games but the NCAA should have thrown RP under the bus and if UL had any ethics they would have fired him when the story broke.

Bozich has already said that Rick should be fired if did know and also if he did not know.
Crawford starts off saying this is bad but then jumps into RP apology mode.
Forde never once asks why he still has a job, he is a national writer, understand maybe local guys may not broach but feel like most would ask . How can HC keep job? How can Jurich keep job with the Ramsey and money from foundation showing up.
Crawford wrote a story back when all this hit that he had to take a step back since he had co written book with Rick. This is such BS. Forde should be a national writer and say what a real journalist would do. How and why.

Pitino should be fired, and Jurich should be indicted.

Reactions: Wall Knight Teague
They did though BKO! You and I both thought they'd slap the dirty birds on the wrist and it would all be forgotten. They are losing their title!! Woo hooooo!
well, the appeal hasn't been made yet, and the final ruling hasn't been handed down. While it looks positive, nothing will surprise me, tbh

well, the appeal hasn't been made yet, and the final ruling hasn't been handed down. While it looks positive, nothing will surprise me, tbh

I hear you and I don't want to jynx it but from what I've read there is almost no chance an appeal will succeed.

They would have to demonstrate the NCAA didn't follow their own rules or procedures and the articles I read said they don't appear to have done that.

UofL has already admitted that some players were not eligible. Those players are known to have played in the 2013 NCAA tournament. Case closed!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT