ADVERTISEMENT

Has it ever happen?

Ha!
Friend tells me: Did you see where UK lost another basketball game today?

Me: Didn't you know? We're a football school now!

Reactions: The-Hack
1977? I don't remember where the 76-77 basketball team was ranked at the end. The 77-78 team was No. 1 of course.
So I looked it up and that team finished 5th and 6th in Coaches Poll and AP. The football team was 6th. Probably have to go back to the 50s to find an example of the football team being ranked higher.

Reactions: BlueTick2
This oad crap is painful; couldn’t tell you the last time I’ve watched a regular season game. It’s an NBA show and Cal and his kids don’t give two shits about the Kentucky on their chest.

One very very important thing about your reply, which is as big of a problem as we can have. Is cal doesn’t care about Kentucky. It’s all about the NBA Draft. That itself pisses me off beyond belief

1952-53 the basketball team had to sit out the season because of a point-shaving scandal.

And the 53-54 team finished 25-0 and won the Helms NC. Could have played in the tournament but dldn't because they couldn't use any of their stars because they would be in their fifth year, commonplace today. They installed a new three digit scoreboard (No one scored 100 then) and used it pretty often, think their closest game was around 20 points, maybe one was a little closer.

Edit: The stars were all time greats Cliff Hagan, Frank Ramsey, and Lou Tshiropoulas (spelling) that weren't involved in the scandal but had to sit out their senior year because the season was cancelled but were allowed to play the next year.

Last edited:
Cheaters.

Cost them dearly, Bill Spivey was a legit seven footer that was coordinated back when none of the others were, banned from a lot of money. Saw a touring squad with Spivey play the House of David in Corbin, in warmups he was hitting about 60% of his windmill hook shots from about 30 feet out.

Yes 1984 Kentucky football finished 19th. The basketball team did not finish in the top 20.
Uh, the 84 men’s team went to the Fina Four, so I’m pretty sure they were ranked very high.

That was the Bowie/Walker/Turpin team that went 2-93 from the field in the second half against Georgetown.

Reactions: LeWiz
Uh, the 84 men’s team went to the Fina Four, so I’m pretty sure they were ranked very high.

That was the Bowie/Walker/Turpin team that went 2-93 from the field in the second half against Georgetown.

That's true but because the season spans two calendar years do you refer to that team as the 1984 team or the 1983 team?

The football and basketball teams that started their seasons in 1984 finished like I had said, that's the way I think of it.

Reactions: The-Hack and kev69
That's true but because the season spans two calendar years do you refer to that team as the 1984 team or the 1983 team?

The football and basketball teams that started their seasons in 1984 finished like I had said, that's the way I think of it.
I guess I was think of the season ending in March as the year of the team. I guess it could go either way.

This is football board It would be great if this teams wins and ends up in the top 10 and it could happen. some of the teams directly ahead of UK play each other and therfore some will lose.
GO BIG BLUE

Reactions: jauk11 and UKUGA
This is football board It would be great if this teams wins and ends up in the top 10 and it could happen. some of the teams directly ahead of UK play each other and therfore some will lose.
GO BIG BLUE

Very important game whether we win it or just come close--------so we might as well win it, several SEC talkers saying our bowl game is the most important (more to gain) besides the NC games.

Last edited:
Reactions: cat888 and The-Hack
Thank god we get to watch one more football game, I can’t watch much more of this basketball team
I agree....with the trajectory of our BB and FB teams, we are fast becoming a FB school.

I can hear it now:
"There are two seasons at UK.....Fall FB season and Spring-FB practice"

GBB!

I think Kentucky Basketball will always remain a perennial Blue Blood, but football is the shinny new thing getting a lot of attention, and if we continue on this trajectory we can certainly become an upper tier SEC program.

Reactions: BlueTick2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT