ADVERTISEMENT

Has enough time passed for UK to hire Joker back in some capacity?

23jumpboy

Senior
Jan 5, 2003
8 years have passed. I think he could be good for UK in some capacity. Thoughts?

WHY??!!!!!!

What in the world could Joker Phillips bring to our football program at this point?

We need YOUNG, SMART, INNOVATIVE offensive minds to get UK Football to the next level. Our offensive philosophy is SOOOOOOOO outdated and easily defended. When one of the WORST defenses in the SEC holds you to less than 150 yds, you need WAY MORE than Joker Phillips.

Reactions: TIE543

“Ha ha, Ha ha, Ha ha, Ha Ha Ha!”
“I’d be happy to coach your WR’s.”

Sure, I never hated him. The problem is why. What does he bring that we need.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Joker was a good OC and recruiter but once he became HC he surrounded himself with mediocre/terrible recruiters from the Rich Brooks era and that doomed him.
I did like his offenses. 06, 07, 10 were all powerful offenses that were balanced and led by a really good quarterback. I miss those offenses. 3rd and 8 wasn’t a death sentence

I'll take him as OC or at least WR coach/passing game coordinator tomorrow...

Our offense outside of a couple of good productive RBs complimented heavily by a couple of good defenses, specifically an all-time DE talent a few years back, is and has been awful...

Honestly, could he be worse than what we've had as WR coaches?

Ask Florida. He had them running into each other for the very brief time he was there.

We could also go back to our annual Slogan. Maybe he could bring the one he had at Florida. “Come Play For The Joker”. Lmao

Reactions: RunninRichie
Ask Florida. He had them running into each other for the very brief time he was there.

We could also go back to our annual Slogan. Maybe he could bring the one he had at Florida. “Come Play For The Joker”. Lmao
LOL...yeah forgot about the FL experiment. He also had an infraction issue as well I believe.

Reactions: fabcat
Is this supposed to be a joke, well it's not funny. He's a great person, just not a good head coach. From what I understand he's a good wide receivers coach.

Uiat4p6.jpg

Joker was a good OC and recruiter but once he became HC he surrounded himself with mediocre/terrible recruiters from the Rich Brooks era and that doomed him.
No he got rid of the good coaches from the Brooks era and surrounded him self with his buddy's so he could be the smartest on his staff.

Reactions: Father Torque
ADVERTISEMENT