ADVERTISEMENT

Has anyone heard any updates on Cam Johnson?

bookerfan66

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2015
Last I heard he was visiting UCLA.I haven't heard anything about when he plans to announce.I hope he waits until Diallo decides and doesn't just go ahead and commit Arizona.IMO we will really need him if Diallo leaves because who knows if Knox can handle
playing the 2.

Reactions: oldlewisville99
I read something recently where I believe it was TJ Walker who said he believes Arizona was leading at the moment.

Last I heard he was visiting UCLA.I haven't heard anything about when he plans to announce.I hope he waits until Diallo decides and doesn't just go ahead and commit Arizona.IMO we will really need him if Diallo leaves because who knows if Knox can handle
playing the 2.
Waits until Diallo decides? Who says he has to wait? By everything we've read so far, Diallo isn't coming back. That would mean a spot is open for Cam, which tells me there is some other reason we aren't his top choice. Hope I'm wrong.

We obviously should want Diallo back. He is a potential lottery pick if he returns.

Would love to have Johnson, if Diallo stays in the draft.

I can't see how we could have both, but that would work as well.

I think Johnson would be a huge get, especially if Diallo leaves. His experience and shooting would really help next year.

I think if he comes, he has a great shot at starting if Diallo is gone.

I could see Cal starting a couple of veterans to go with the young guys. With Johnson, I wouldn't be surprised to see this starting lineup sometime before the end of the season:

G Green- pass first PG that can shoot.
G Johnson- experienced shooter.
F Knox- talented young wing scorer/shooter.
F Gabriel- experienced, only returning player who has started for Cal.
F Richards (or Bamba if he signs)- shot blocker/rebounder.

If HD stays in the draft, as I think he will, then we really need Johnson. He brings experience, is a good shooter, and we need the depth.

Would love to have both but doubt that happens.

Reactions: morgousky
Waits until Diallo decides? Who says he has to wait? By everything we've read so far, Diallo isn't coming back. That would mean a spot is open for Cam, which tells me there is some other reason we aren't his top choice. Hope I'm wrong.

Diallo has not made a choice, its pure speculation and reasoning.

If HD stays in the draft, as I think he will, then we really need Johnson. He brings experience, is a good shooter, and we need the depth.

Would love to have both but doubt that happens.

I really want us to get Cam. Why on Gods green earth he is not already locked up I don't know. I would sell everything including the sink dispenser if I were Cal.

If you think about it, Cal has been bit several times by not having enough outside shooting, and also experience. Well this kid is all of that rolled into one.

If we miss on Johnson and lose deep in the tourney again because we couldn't throw it in the ocean, there's nothing left to do but sigh.....

I really want us to get Cam. Why on Gods green earth he is not already locked up I don't know. I would sell everything including the sink dispenser if I were Cal.

If you think about it, Cal has been bit several times by not having enough outside shooting, and also experience. Well this kid is all of that rolled into one.

If we miss on Johnson and lose deep in the tourney again because we couldn't throw it in the ocean, there's nothing left to do but sigh.....
We should fire Cal and hire you, obvi.
Then all the hand-wringing would be over.

Life could be so simple.

We should fire Cal and hire you, obvi.
Then all the hand-wringing would be over.

Life could be so simple.

No way. Don't want that. Couldn't handle everything he does.

Maybe a small role, like the assistant recruiting slapper?

Example - Cal has 7 top 15 committed. long and lanky, altheltic, ready to dunk on everyone. He's got one spot left and he's looking at another long lanky freak who can't throw it in the ocean, while there's a top 50 guy standing in the corner who can't miss and has a beautiful stroke.

That's where I come in. Cal says "I really want that lanky guy to go with the other long and lanky guys.

So I slap him right upside the back of the head. I say Cal, remember '10, I know he's talented but we've got that covered. Grab that shooter.

So he does, and we win a title because of it.

That's what my role should be.

No player will ever come to Kentucky. Cal and Kenny are both going to have to suit up just to be able to put a team on the floor. We're all doomed forever and I am going to die in my sleep tonight. Hope I'm wrong.

No player will ever come to Kentucky. Cal and Kenny are both going to have to suit up just to be able to put a team on the floor. We're all doomed forever and I am going to die in my sleep tonight. Hope I'm wrong.
Well that escalated quickly

Example - Cal has 7 top 15 committed. long and lanky, altheltic, ready to dunk on everyone. He's got one spot left and he's looking at another long lanky freak who can't throw it in the ocean, while there's a top 50 guy standing in the corner who can't miss and has a beautiful stroke.

That's where I come in. Cal says "I really want that lanky guy to go with the other long and lanky guys.

So I slap him right upside the back of the head. I say Cal, remember '10, I know he's talented but we've got that covered. Grab that shooter.

Get'em!

Reactions: morgousky

Can I be the assistant that tries to convince everyone to come back one more year?

Don't really care what Diallo or Johnson do. IF we get Bamba we are loaded.
Green/Alexander
Knox / Baker
Vanderbilt
Washington/Gabriel/SKJ
Bamba/Richards/Tai

Truly positionless basketball. Now if we get Diallo back or Johnson then we become almost unbeatable come March but even without that we are going to be the favorite as long as we get Bamba.

Don't really care what Diallo or Johnson do. IF we get Bamba we are loaded.
Green/Alexander
Knox / Baker
Vanderbilt
Washington/Gabriel/SKJ
Bamba/Richards/Tai

Truly positionless basketball. Now if we get Diallo back or Johnson then we become almost unbeatable come March but even without that we are going to be the favorite as long as we get Bamba.
Didn't you say Knox was overrated and ranked 10 spots too high? You should care what Diallo or Johnson do.

playing the 2.

Rawle Alkins from Arizona also has a decision to make. He participated in NBA combine and as I have read not signing a contract with an agent. If he goes back to Zona and stays Arizona wont have any room for him. He could land at UK Zona UCLA or Oregon. His final 4 the last time I checked. If Somebody else answered before me , I should have read the whole thread.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I think we will be pretty good even if we don't add another guy.

G Green/Gilgeous-Alexander
G Knox/Baker
F Vanderbilt/Washington
F Gabriel/Killeya-Jones
F Richards/Wynyard

I know we want Bamba for sure, but the silver lining of him going else would be that would mean more minutes for SKJ and/or Wynyard. That might help us next season. That experience could be instrumental to the team in 18-19.

I think we will be pretty good even if we don't add another guy.

G Green/Gilgeous-Alexander
G Knox/Baker
F Vanderbilt/Washington
F Gabriel/Killeya-Jones
F Richards/Wynyard

I know we want Bamba for sure, but the silver lining of him going else would be that would mean more minutes for SKJ and/or Wynyard. That might help us next season. That experience could be instrumental to the team in 18-19.

Bingo you may have the winning post!

Then quit dogging Cal's recruiting. I know he has been doing a terrible job
Nobody is dogging Cal's recruiting. Do you seriously sit around sniping at other posters? Are you THAT sensitive to folks who don't agree with you? I'm putting you on ignore, you're just not a reasonable person.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT