ADVERTISEMENT

Harry Giles

The guy is such a piece of shit for so many reasons. I'm sure he'll continue to get his recruits, push his BS, whine to the officials, and lay in bed with the NCAA.. but his time is limited. And next year's team looks to have the same issues and be in a much worse position. The ACC will eat him/them alive, and hopefully it puts him out of the game for good.

Every single one of Calipari's teams had better chemistry than this year's Duke team. Think about that for a second. It's a totally different game for K, and getting these kids to play together is not easy.

Knox is probably fine. He can play the 3, probably the 4 as well (if he's ok with that).. the guard spots get a bit tricky. Most are either a 1 or a 2, not much wiggle room as those positions differ so much.. and many don't have the size to play the 3.

The other scenario, Trent coming in may push Kennard/Allen out. You can't make the three of them happy.
K would play Knox at the 4 this year just like he did with Tatum. If they don't get Knox and Giles hits the road Duke is not going to have much down low next year. I guess they will finally play Jeter.

I do not understand these comments. It is like we have a short memory. Last year we were in the same position. We lost to Indiana in the second round, had 3 freshmen leave. a sophomore, and 2 juniors leave the program.

You sure do seem bothered when UK is doing well and others are struggling.

Been a trend of yours for, well, forever.

Reactions: UKUGA
Has anyone seen the flashes of potential with Giles at Duke? I sure haven't, and that's why you can't compare him to Skal who at the very least gave you glimpses of how good he could be.

Giles doesn't seem to do anything well anymore and I'm not sure there is a ton of potential there. Trust me, I know how good he looked in high school but he just ain't that guy anymore.

If Jay Bilas was awake today, he'd tell you that Giles provides "great rim protection," because he dunked against NC in the tournament of champions.

And furthermore, K doesn't care anymore. If he has a built team returning he will retire and nothing matters to him. Will K destroy someone's career by talking them into returning for his going out party?

Sadly I think yes. The man is terrible and the game can't get rid of him fast enough.

He is 71 next February.

If Jay Bilas was awake today, he'd tell you that Giles provides "great rim protection," because he dunked against NC in the tournament of champions.
Lol, I was actually about to ask where Jay Bilas has been all day.

Reactions: UKUGA
Why wouldn't they???
Kennard....set for life with jewelry, hair pieces, a job at ESPN and coaching opportunities
Mitchell....set for life with strippers
lol, I mean why in the world did Grayson Allen come back. Just a really bad decision on his part. Prob cost himself 3 million dollars.

I give Giles 1% to return. It's pretty evident he isn't gone put it all out there as a college player. Send him to the combine he will go hard and end up a lotto pick.

Kennard is a 5% to return Imo

I don't mean no disrespect, but to be fair, this board has posters making fun of teams for things that either just happened to us, is happening to us, or will happen in the near future I.E, laughing at rivals for losing, then we lose that same day later on. Nobody is perfect, but this board has no problems saying things without thinking, hell I've done it to. So this is not an attack at you, or anybody specific, you're a good poster, but these things do happen.

Reactions: Aike
I think Kennard returns. Don't think he is that consumed with getting to the league. But I'd question those who think he can't play there. Thot JJ Redick would never make it but obviously I was quite wrong. Kennard is just as good if not better.

Luke expressed concerns this year about lack of team togetherness. Not sure how that might figure in his decision if at all.

I think Kennard returns. Don't think he is that consumed with getting to the league. But I'd question those who think he can't play there. Thot JJ Redick would never make it but obviously I was quite wrong. Kennard is just as good if not better.

Luke expressed concerns this year about lack of team togetherness. Not sure how that might figure in his decision if at all.
If Duvall shows up on campus you can forget team togetherness.

Reactions: WildMoon
I don't mean no disrespect, but to be fair, this board has posters making fun of teams for things that either just happened to us, is happening to us, or will happen in the near future I.E, laughing at rivals for losing, then we lose that same day later on. Nobody is perfect, but this board has no problems saying things without thinking, hell I've done it to. So this is not an attack at you, or anybody specific, you're a good poster, but these things do happen.

We are going to bang on Duke, UNCHEAT, UL, KU any chance we get.

It isn't really about us at that moment. It's about trash talking a rival, and it's all in fun.

Certain posters bend over backwards to paint UK in a negative light, and always seem more perturbed when things are going well for us.

Make of that what you will.

We are going to bang on Duke, UNCHEAT, UL, KU any chance we get.

It isn't really about us at that moment. It's about trash talking a rival, and it's all in fun.

Certain posters bend over backwards to paint UK in a negative light, and always seem more perturbed when things are going well for us.

Make of that what you will.

Yes you're right on that point.

Reactions: Aike
The guy is such a piece of shit for so many reasons. I'm sure he'll continue to get his recruits, push his BS, whine to the officials, and lay in bed with the NCAA.. but his time is limited. And next year's team looks to have the same issues and be in a much worse position. The ACC will eat him/them alive, and hopefully it puts him out of the game for good.
I was becoming very irritated with his barking at the ref after every single call that was in favor of SC. It's a recurring theme really, guy is a grade A f*** stain.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
You've had 2 torn ACL's. There is no telling when it's going to happen again. If he's told je's getting picked in the first round he's got to go. You tear your ACL for a third time and no NBA team is going to give you a guaranteed contract. Makes no sense for Giles to come back.

We laugh at rivals because schools like Kansas and Duke have a pretty bad history of getting upset early. These schools get paraded around like world beaters, and there always seems to be questions for Kentucky.. yet you rarely see us bounced early. We are in the thick of it every single year. Duke, despite 2 titles handed to them, have now been bounced extremely early 3 times in like 6 years.

It took being woe-fully under-seeded/a bullshit matchup with IU, and a top3 draft pick blowing out his Patella for the season.. for us not to have an absurd amount of Final4's and Elite8's..

In a time when everything is handed to those schools.. Kentucky/Cal are constantly hamstrung and we STILL come out on top.

Oh and BTW.. if Kentucky were to make another Final4, I'd put them past Duke for the last 8 years..

Kentucky: 1 title, 2 title games, 5 Final4's (yeah a big if), 6 Elite 8's.
Duke: 2 titles.. and 1 Elite 8?

I thought Giles was criminally underused. The times I saw Giles play, I saw a guy who was an elite rebounder. How does that jive with severely reduced mobility?

I think the reality is the the Duke Staff realized they had all of the offensive firepower they needed with Kennard, Tatum, and Allen, so they had no reason to try to incorporate Giles into the offense.

Cal on the other hand would have gone out of his way to better showcase Giles' skills out of a sense of moral obligation if nothing else. Just like he has done with Bam this year. There is nowhere else Bam could have gone that would have better developed him and improved his draft stock.

Reactions: SilentsAreGolden

No I just speak my mind where others are not willing. When we are doing the same as another team, but our fans want to put down the opposition, it is important to state the obvious.
What good does it do to insult other players. Being a fan is not about hating on someone else.

No I just speak my mind where others are not willing. When we are doing the same as another team, but our fans want to put down the opposition, it is important to state the obvious.
What good does it do to insult other players. Being a fan is not about hating on someone else.

I enjoy hating on rival programs and their players at times, when those players are hateable.

My behavior is normal for a sports fan.

You enjoy criticizing the team that is supposedly your favorite team and it's fans.

That is the behavior of a contrarian at best, troll at worst.

I'm speaking my mind here too. You really think you're some kind of special?

ADVERTISEMENT