ADVERTISEMENT

Harrell no longer a UL Captain

Kybluedude

All-SEC
Nov 19, 2005
On the way home Lou radio repeated Montez Harrell is no longer a UL Team Captain. Wonder what happened from the start of the season?

Originally posted by Kybluedude:
On the way home Lou radio repeated Montez Harrell is no longer a UL Team Captain. Wonder what happened from the start of the season?
Probably told Benedict that he would be skipping his senior for the nba and Benedict told him he was not L1C7 material anymore
smokin.r191677.gif

Bc_1978/CueCard strikes again! He swore the entire preseason that UK would be known as team turmoil.

Nonetheless, need more info on the situation at UL. It could be an innocent statement taken out of context. I will say that during the Duke game Blackshear was bitching at everyone on the team at different times.
This post was edited on 1/19 4:32 PM by SouisvilleLucks

Might have something to do with his showboat flexing after making a shot in a game where they were down big. That's not captain-like behavior.

A very overrated player by fans , a lack of skills that gets exposed when he goes up against better players . He can make energy plays when going up against lesser talent , glad we didn't sign his attitude .

It might just be Pitino trying to light a fire for his star player. Harrell has been very ordinary when matched up against strong front court players.

I would love for this to be a sign of an impending implosion for the Cards, but I can also see the sports psychology behind it too.

It is certainly NOT like Pitino to publicly downgrade a players value in order to lower his draft stock and force one more year out of said player.
rolleyes.r191677.gif

L1C7

I wouldn't get to carries away in criticism of his over zealous celebrations. Towns loves to celebrate too, I have no problem with it. I'm not going to be like Vitale and critique players like he did to Terrence Jones.
What he did was just stupid as Jones didn't celebrate that much. Celebrating helps others get fired up as well.

Pitino might remove him as Captain, but he can't remove him from the magazine cover.

2ceqgqv.jpg

Originally posted by Patrickwhelan:
It is certainly NOT like Pitino to publicly downgrade a players value in order to lower his draft stock and force one more year out of said player.
rolleyes.r191677.gif

L1C7
THIS I do not doubt whatsoever

If the team members get a vote on who's captain, I would imagine they didn't vote for him because they get thrown under the bus by Harrell everytime UofL loses.

Originally posted by Kycatspaws:
Pitino might remove him as Captain, but he can't remove him from the magazine cover.

ec
You are like a machine!
laugh.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Kycatspaws:

ec
Awesome!!!
roll.r191677.gif

You'll never merk in dis ditty adin.

This post was edited on 1/19 7:59 PM by CoachR35

The difference between Towns and Harrell's celebrating is huge. I've never seen Towns flex or fist pump when we are down big (probably because we haven't really been this season), and he certainly doesn't s do it after every little thing. And I mean every. little. thing. Harrell flexes and yells after getting fouled on his shot without even getting an and 1.

Can you imagine what Harrell would have done if he had made a play like Towns did on that post up one handed dunk against Alabama? That dude would have probably gone into a Hulkamania routine complete with hands to the ears and everything.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by CatOfDaVille:

Can you imagine what Harrell would have done if he had made a play like Towns did on that post up one handed dunk against Alabama?

Posted from Rivals Mobile
Torn his biceps.

When you're the only one of the team screaming and flexing after you get a drink of water, you're not leading your team to do the same. When you don't lead a team, you're not a captain.
As soon as everybody else starts flexing after key plays/drinking water, order will be restored to the Lulzville basketball team, and he can have his captain's patch back.

Harrell criticized Pitino in an article in Sunday's CJ. It was just an off the cuff remark but
it came off like he was blaming the coach for his weak games when they play decent
competition.

My guess would be Harrell not being able to control his emotions at times. Noticed in our game how he was emotionally out of control going to the bench. Definitely not a good attitude for his teammates seeing him hollar at his coach.

Originally posted by Seth C:
Kid gets punished for being as good as he can be. It isn't his fault he isn't the all-star people tried to make him out to be.
C, not the best place to be a U of L apologist bru.

Kid gets punished for being as good as he can be. It isn't his fault he isn't the all-star people tried to make him out to be.
Meh... He gets enough love... Our digs go mostly at the retarded UL fanbase that pumps him up to be some kind of all time superstar... He gets punked against taller and more skilled big men... Good college player that takes advantage of smaller, weaker talent... But he'll be nothing special at the next level.

This post was edited on 1/19 9:19 PM by Kramer318

Originally posted by SouisvilleLucks:

Bc_1978/CueCard strikes again! He swore the entire preseason that UK would be known as team turmoil.

Nonetheless, need more info on the situation at UL. It could be an innocent statement taken out of context. I will say that during the Duke game Blackshear was bitching at everyone on the team at different times.
This post was edited on 1/19 4:32 PM by SouisvilleLucks
They need to wake up and smell reality. Rick Pitino is the best that they can do, and it's a far cry from John Calipari right now.

Just an observation, but when Harrell was taken out of the Duke game for a few minutes Pitino went to say something to him down at the end of the bench and he just blew Pitino off like he wasn't even going to listen to him. I don't think Harrell much cares for his coach.

Originally posted by Kramer318:
Meh... He gets enough love... Our digs go mostly at the retarded UL fanbase that pumps him up to be some kind of all time superstar... He gets punked against taller and more skilled big men... Good college player that takes advantage of smaller, weaker talent... But he'll be nothing special at the next level.

This post was edited on 1/19 9:19 PM by Kramer318
Not just UL fans. I thought I heard ESPN announcers talking him up as a preseason first team All_American.

Originally posted by *Bleedingblue*:
I wouldn't get to carries away in criticism of his over zealous celebrations. Towns loves to celebrate too, I have no problem with it. I'm not going to be like Vitale and critique players like he did to Terrence Jones.
What he did was just stupid as Jones didn't celebrate that much. Celebrating helps others get fired up as well.
A winner. It never fails in a thread about another teams player that a poster gives it the ole "(insert UK player name) does it too.
rolleyes.r191677.gif

I'll say this. Harrell is no first team AA but he gets the most of his ability and he is easily the best player on that team. I don't think Rick should be disciplining Harrell at all. Without that guy, they'd be sitting at about 7-8 losses right now easily.

Originally posted by BBUK:

A winner. It never fails in a thread about another teams player that a poster gives it the ole "(insert UK player name) does it too.
rolleyes.r191677.gif
Yep, like clockwork.

The wheels have come off and Pitino has gone into blame-deflection mode, throwing whatever kid under the bus he feels like. This, of course, was his chief management strategy with the Celtics. Celtics fans weren't so stupid as to be convinced, however.

Towns and Jones never yell at Cal or have a hissy fit the way Harrell does in the huddle during games . Celebrating is fine , being a disruptive clown is not .

According to Drew Deener, this has something to do with "something that happened around the Long Beach State game" and not because of Harrell's play. Which seems bizarre to me, but whatever.

Pitino has a habit of publicly running up against his best player. Did the same thing with Russ Smith: called him out to the media, questioned his shot selection, spent entire press conferences railing against him. Not sure why he does it but it's another example of the stark differences between Cal and Pitino.

It's always something with Lil Bro, always some kind of drama. What a bunch of losers.

Originally posted by IL Wildcat:
I'll say this. Harrell is no first team AA but he gets the most of his ability and he is easily the best player on that team. I don't think Rick should be disciplining Harrell at all. Without that guy, they'd be sitting at about 7-8 losses right now easily.
Not much for basketball evaluation if you think Harrell is easily the best player on the team. Harrell has no true basketball skill whatsoever. Rozier is easily the best player on the team right now and it is not even close. Harrell is an energy player and does extremely well against smaller players or other players of equal size with little skill. He completely disappears against quality bigs his size. Rozier plays fairly consistent no matter the level of competition. At times his shot may not be falling but that is pretty typical of guards in general.

And my goodness to the poster that said Jones flexed too so much ado about nothing regarding Harrell. Jones ' flexing and posing pales in comparison to Harrell's. Flexes after rebounds and missed putbacks where he draws a foul, alley oops over no one but still finds the nearest opponent on the floor and stares them down even if it is a 5'10 guard. I have never seen a UK player even come close to the antics Harrell puts out. Jones was one of the most ridiculed players by UofL fans for his "antics" yet they love Harrell who is 5 times worse than Jones ever was.

ADVERTISEMENT