ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Birthday Larry Bird...the GOAT imo.

I would say he is top 5 for sure and you can make an argument he is the best ever. He probably hit more game winning shots that any player in history. Anybody that can play a whole game left handed and still score 27 just because you're bored has to be one of the best ever.

Last edited:
Whether you like him as a person or not, Jordan is the greatest of all time. The actual debate begins with who's #2. For me, Lebron is 2nd, then Wilt 3rd, Magic 4th, Kareem 5th. I'd have Bill Russell 6th, Oscar Robertson 7th, Bird 8th. At number 9, Jerry West, 10 Kobe Bryant.

Last edited:
What makes Bird's IQ and brain superior to Jordan's or Magic's or LeBron's or any other all-time elite?

Incredible player though. His old tapes are so much fun to watch. He was brutal when he knew he had you. All-time trash talker. Shame injuries cut him short.

Someday there will be a GOAT thread here for AD.
anthony-davis-outstretched-ally-oop-dunk-anthony-davis-gifs.gif

Whether you like him as a person or not, Jordan is the greatest of all time. The actual debate begins with who's #2. For me, Lebron is 2nd, then Wilt 3rd, Magic 4th, Kareem 5th. I'd have Bill Russell 6th, Oscar Robertson 7th, Bird 8th. At number 9, Jerry West, 10 Kobe Bryant.

I'd go Jordan/Kareem at 1. I just can't distinguish between them, really. Jordan's cultural impact is greater, but Kareem accomplished more. They play different positions so it's impossible to compare abilities.

Second I'd go with whoever you don't want at #1, third LeBron, fourth Magic, fifth Wilt, sixth Bird, seventh Oscar, eighth West, ninth Kobe, tenth either Duncan, Shaq or Hakeem. Wouldn't argue much with anyone who wanted either of those three over the others.

That may or may not be true; it is subjective, and the criteria are different for each person. I tend to agree with you about Jordan. But why would you have LeBron ahead of Bird?

Reactions: Ronwasourlastchance
Whether you like him or not, Lebron is better than Bird. You're so angry all the time, I've noticed.
Lebron is a better all around individual basketball player but I would still pick Bird over Lebron in a pickup game because Bird was just flat out a winner and made everyone around him better. Your team ALWAYS stood a chance of winning if Bird was on the floor (the uninjured years). Jordan is still the GOAT imo.

That may or may not be true; it is subjective, and the criteria are different for each person. I tend to agree with you about Jordan. But why would you have LeBron ahead of Bird? Can't be the numbers.
They both have impressive accomplishments, so that leaves ability. I give LBJ an edge there. Don't get me wrong, all these players are neck and neck, except for MJ, (IMHO).

Reactions: RipThru
What makes Bird's IQ and brain superior to Jordan's or Magic's or LeBron's or any other all-time elite?

Incredible player though. His old tapes are so much fun to watch. He was brutal when he knew he had you. All-time trash talker. Shame injuries cut him short.

Obviously Birds body and athleticism did him no favors. So what was that equalizer that he posessed to be so successful and to put him in the same conversation with the Jordans, Lebrons, etc who have defintely had athleticism as an advantage and a large contributing factor to their greatness?

Skill? Smarts? Has to be one of those.

Career stats for Player 1
27.1 ppg
8.4 rpg
9 apg
54.4% FG
36% 3pt
73.7% FT

Career stats for Player 2
24.3 ppg
10 rpg
6.3 apg
49.6% FG
37.6% 3pt
88.6% FT

You can't go wrong with either one. Both are Hall of Famers as well as Top 10 players of all-time.

You answered your own question, in part. He always was a step ahead of you, even if physically he was two steps behind you. He lived in player's heads. He had moxy and grit and made the right plays.

I think he absolutely has a better brain/IQ (and heart for certain) than Lebron. Lebron is winning games because of his physical traits.

Lebron is number 1 and I really dislike him. Jordan is a close 2nd but when Lebron is finished it won't even be close.

Career stats for Player 1
27.1 ppg
8.4 rpg
9 apg
54.4% FG
36% 3pt
73.7% FT

Career stats for Player 2
24.3 ppg
10 rpg
6.3 apg
49.6% FG
37.6% 3pt
88.6% FT

You can't go wrong with either one. Both are Hall of Famers as well as Top 10 players of all-time.

BS numbers.

One had injuries that cut numbers down.

One is still in prime.

Other played with all time greats he shared ball with.

And Larry Bird's birthday is December 7th so what is this thread about?

his anticipation. i’d say jordan could improvise offensively as good or better (mostly in the air) but you didn’t see mj making tip passes or behind his head passes. anticipation and improvisation made bird a legendary play maker.

Lebron is bigger, stronger, better defender. Bird's instincts and shooting were off the charts. 2 different players.

ADVERTISEMENT