ADVERTISEMENT

Hamidou Diallo still not a first-round lock in NBA Draft? Working out for Bucks

preacher_tom

Junior
May 21, 2015
Laurel River Lake
LINK

DraftExpress’ post-combine mock has Diallo going No. 35 overall. If that’s what every NBA team though of him, Diallo would almost certainly be in Lexington next season.

Hamidou Diallo still not a first-round lock in NBA Draft? Working out for Bucks

Last edited by a moderator:
These next couple of days will tell the tale. Once the lottery shakes out and teams start working out and interviewing guys, all that other stuff before is just useless noise.

Diallo will be working out for teams that Cal has set up and that Cal trusts to tell him the truth. If they tell him they'll take him, he's gone. If not, he's back. But the fact that Cal is still involved in the process and Diallo trusts him to arrange this stuff means that he hasn't "been gone since January" or anything like that.

He's legitimately still gathering information. We just have to wait and see. We'll know in a week.

Also I hate to say it, but the Bucks are a really great fit for him. They're building this roster of long, freaky, multi-positional young athletes.

They also showed they aren't risk-averse to players skipping college, taking Thon Maker and all of his risks and baggage last year.

Reactions: gossie21 and Aike
It only takes one team. I think it's 50/50. Those that think there is zero chance that he returns aren't necessarily right, IMHO.

Last edited:
I still think it's crazy that some teams picking in the 25th to 30th range are going to pass over a potential star for guys like Lydon or DJ WIlson. Just can't believe when it's the 27th pick, and Brooklyn is in rebuild mode, that you wouldn't take a flyer on a dude who could turn into a true stud.. instead you're going to grab almost sure-fire D-league guys? Crazy..

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
Not holding my breath that he will be back. I don't think he ever intended to play at UK. JMO
Then he made a crazy decision to commit to UK mid-season. If he never intended to play at UK, then it would have been much easier for him to go to UConn or some other school closer to home.

Also, I applaud you on sticking to your agenda. That takes some dedication.

Not holding my breath that he will be back. I don't think he ever intended to play at UK. JMO

I find this line of thinking confusing. Don't know if he will ever play for UK, but there is nothing to suggest that he never intended on playing for UK. In fact, there is a lot of evidence that he did in fact at one time intend to play for UK. It has been noted in a couple of articles that he did not believe he would be good enough after a few months at UK, and that he believed he would be playing for UK next year. He obviously said he would declare, and in the end do what is best for him and his family. That is not the same as "he never intended to play for UK".

Reactions: floatingyou
I find this line of thinking confusing. Don't know if he will ever play for UK, but there is nothing to suggest that he never intended on playing for UK. In fact, there is a lot of evidence that he did in fact at one time intend to play for UK. It has been noted in a couple of articles that he did not believe he would be good enough after a few months at UK, and that he believed he would be playing for UK next year. He obviously said he would declare, and in the end do what is best for him and his family. That is not the same as "he never intended to play for UK".

Its confusing for the poster you quoted too I assure you lol. Some just have to cry about it. No matter that Hami is doing exactly what he always said he would do. Exactly

Then he made a crazy decision to commit to UK mid-season. If he never intended to play at UK, then it would have been much easier for him to go to UConn or some other school closer to home.

Also, I applaud you on sticking to your agenda. That takes some dedication.

No other program has the connections that we have to the NBA. None. This is the place.

If Diallo wanted to sit, not play, and go pro ASAP, Uconn would have absolutely been a horrible choice.

Reactions: westerncat
No other program has the connections that we have to the NBA. None. This is the place.

If Diallo wanted to sit, not play, and go pro ASAP, Uconn would have absolutely been a horrible choice.
I think you missed the point. If Diallo had no intention of ever playing for the UK (as suggested previously), then enrolling at the University of Kentucky was a poor choice.

You would have to agree that if Diallo never intended to play for UK, his odds of accomplishing that would be better at UConn than at UK, right?

I think you missed the point. If Diallo had no intention of ever playing for the UK (as suggested previously), then enrolling at the University of Kentucky was a poor choice.

You would have to agree that if Diallo never intended to play for UK, his odds of accomplishing that would be better at UConn than at UK, right?

I'm not sure if I'm following, but this is my opinion.

If I'm a recruit who wants to (secretly) sit out, gain every advantage possible for the draft, and bolt early, id have picked UK.

Uconn doesn't have the connections. Uconn doesn't have a coach who will allow the things Cal will.
Uconn and their fans would have expected him to play no matter what. Uk fans are more understanding in this area.

Not sure if I'm disagreeing but if I am, agree to disagree on this one.

Reactions: track42
I'm not sure if I'm following, but this is my opinion.

If I'm a recruit who wants to (secretly) sit out, gain every advantage possible for the draft, and bolt early, id have picked UK.

Uconn doesn't have the connections. Uconn doesn't have a coach who will allow the things Cal will.
Uconn and their fans would have expected him to play no matter what. Uk fans are more understanding in this area.

Not sure if I'm disagreeing but if I am, agree to disagree on this one.

He was making a joke that you could only "sit out at UK" if you actually went to UK. I think.

Its confusing for the poster you quoted too I assure you lol. Some just have to cry about it. No matter that Hami is doing exactly what he always said he would do. Exactly

No one is crying about this. Some of us are just stating our opinion. "JMO" mean just my opinion. And we all have that right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT