ADVERTISEMENT

Hagans practice sessions tweet

Hagans is the best distributor Cal has ever brought in and has prototype physical attributes to go with it. He will be the highest draft pick on this team and will be a complete superstar because of the roster around him. He’s awesome, get ready for it.

Pretty hard to imagine a better distributor than Ulis.

Reactions: STL_Cat
So, Fox sucked now huh?:joy: Wow.

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: Fox2monk and BBUK
Good points BBUK, never did think of it like that. Like another poster pointed out, Ulis only averaged 7 a game in his second year, but i feel like Ulis would 9 or 10 a game with all of the scoring ootions they will have, Hagens always looks for the open man first, before trying to score himself..

He won't sniff 9 assists a game. When Ulis averaged 7 per game, he did so playing 38 minutes a game and basically never coming out. I'm expecting Hagans to be something along the lines of 25 mpg and about 4-5 apg.

And there is a double edge sword to having a deep talented team. This team is loaded with guys that can play, and 3 PGs. I doubt he would get enough minutes for that high of stats regardless of how he plays. Quade will be a lot better than last year and will run the point plenty. Quickley isn't chopped liver and will run the point. Hagans would have to be "the man" and basically the only man at PG to get stats like that. I doubt this team will have any more than 1-2 guys play over 30 minutes per game, if they have any. Gonna be a lot of guys with minutes in the 20s.

I look at this team a lot like the 38-1 team in the terms of their quality depth.

That team? The most minutes per game was 26, by the Harrions and WCS. Ulis 24. Lyles 23. KAT and Booker 21. Dakari 16. Lee 11. That's why the leading scorer averaged 11 ppg. Leading rebounder 6.8. Leading assists 3.6.

Lol wut? He's a "much better" player than Fox? C'mon man. Fox was and is a beast.

Fox had a great midrange jumper, he merely wasn't good from 3. Hagans shooting isn't his strength. And while I agree Fox would get beat off the dribble some, and wasn't a great defender, he also was better than you say and was plenty serviceable and would get steals.

:joy: It’s hilarious, but we are talking about a whole year-and-a-half ago so easy to forget how good Fox was.

I can shoot 60% easily on college threes in a shootaround type setting before my lack of endurance starts kicking in. Normally you take whatever you can hit in stuff like that and cut it by 50% and that's what you're going to make in a game.
When was this formula created? Way too many factors you haven't brought up. Are you relaxed?,is there a defensive stopper smothering you, or is your man a lazy 4 feet off you? Do you rush shots, or do you lock in and stay focused?

Geez Ole WG going 7-7,must mean he hits 100-100 at least. Knock off 50% :chairshot:

Pretty hard to imagine a better distributor than Ulis.
You’ll see. Being 6’3 over 5’7 with much more advanced physical tools gives Hagans a lot more opportunities than Ulis had.

Ulis was incredible, but IMO Hagans is and will be a better distributor.

Most of our players don’t know or play with the level of intensity it takes to win in college, hence the close games early in the year against sometimes pedestrian competition. These practice reports are a disservice to the players, they usually never live up to the hype. Most fans get that but some don’t.

Most of our players don’t know or play with the level of intensity it takes to win in college, hence the close games early in the year against sometimes pedestrian competition. These practice reports are a disservice to the players, they usually never live up to the hype. Most fans get that but some don’t.

A disservice ? That sounds a little dramatic. It’s not that serious

A disservice ? That sounds a little dramatic. It’s not that serious
If you knew what disservice meant then it wouldn’t be dramatic at all, there’s more to it than the first definition a google would turn up. Posting hateful junk all year because a player didn’t perform to the level of a practice session is a disservice and there are buffoons who trash a player all year for less.

6 months ago no one really knew anything about hagans. now....everyone is expert and knows exactly what he is capable of doing. uk fans are the best...just ask them, they will tell you.

So true lol. I’m just glad he didn’t pick another college because then his skills would be down played. Said it before and I’ll say it again, too many on here are sleeping on Quickley. I may be more of a bias fan due to him being from the DMV but I’m oretty good and setting my bias aside. I think he will battle for that starting spot and wouldn’t be surprised if he starts over Hagans, especially since he’s a way better shooter and likely takes care of the ball better

6 months ago no one really knew anything about hagans. now....everyone is expert and knows exactly what he is capable of doing. uk fans are the best...just ask them, they will tell you.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
From reading this thread if he just compares with some of the guys that all of you are comparing him to, I will be very happy.

If you knew what disservice meant then it wouldn’t be dramatic at all, there’s more to it than the first definition a google would turn up. Posting hateful junk all year because a player didn’t perform to the level of a practice session is a disservice and there are buffoons who trash a player all year for less.

h85951A5D

You’ll see. Being 6’3 over 5’7 with much more advanced physical tools gives Hagans a lot more opportunities than Ulis had.

Ulis was incredible, but IMO Hagans is and will be a better distributor.

Do you realize that you're saying that Hagans will be a better distributor than a 1st team AA, SEC POY, whose best asset was running the show like a coach on the floor?

KY fans have a tendency to do this though. The next guy is always better than the previous ones.

Reactions: CalCat57
ADVERTISEMENT