ADVERTISEMENT

Hagans Graduated Officially.

Terrific news and, if we add Travis next week this could become a very special team. Very excited for next season.

With Hagans/Travis, this team has everything needed for a deep run. If we're comparing to former teams, I'd take Hagans over '15 Harrison at the 1 and Johnson over '15 Lyles at the 3 as I believe both guys are purer at their positions and have exponentially more motor.

Team will have slashing, motor, interior scoring, multiple perimeter threats, legit length on the perimeter in IQ/Johnson, rebounding. One of the only question marks is an element that is not need in today's college game: shot blocking. An improved Richards can give that.

Chemistry obviously becomes the last question mark, but with PJ/Quade back and guys like Hagans/Johnson/ and hopefully Travis coming in, it's going to be hard to envision a lack of chemistry with that many leaders on the court.

kaueR7.gif

With Hagans/Travis, this team has everything needed for a deep run. If we're comparing to former teams, I'd take Hagans over '15 Harrison at the 1 and Johnson over '15 Lyles at the 3 as I believe both guys are purer at their positions and have exponentially more motor.

Team will have slashing, motor, interior scoring, multiple perimeter threats, legit length on the perimeter in IQ/Johnson, rebounding. One of the only question marks is an element that is not need in today's college game: shot blocking. An improved Richards can give that.

Chemistry obviously becomes the last question mark, but with PJ/Quade back and guys like Hagans/Johnson/ and hopefully Travis coming in, it's going to be hard to envision a lack of chemistry with that many leaders on the court.

Well, in my opinion and looking at history Cal's a chemistry master instructor. No problem in that area. :sunglasses:

Better wait until he's cleared by the NCAA to start celebrating. He ain't Marvin Bagley and we ain't Duke.

I agree, but it’s good to see forward movement on this. Getting Hagans on campus early is critical. He’s a reclassifying high school junior that will likely step into primary point guard duties for (hopefully) a Final Four-caliber collegiate roster. He needs every available second to develop chemistry with the team and learn Cal’s offense.

That's why the Bahamas trip is so beneficial for this upcoming team. Figuring out who plays well together, getting them some chemistry on the court, and putting what you have conceptually thought of regarding personnel/style of play into effect without having to worry about wins/losses-you can use games as practice prior to Exhibition season, so having 6 exhibition games spread out instead of 2 prior to start of season. Big head start and perfect season/group to do it with.

That's why the Bahamas trip is so beneficial for this upcoming team. Figuring out who plays well together, getting them some chemistry on the court, and putting what you have conceptually thought of regarding personnel/style of play into effect without having to worry about wins/losses-you can use games as practice prior to Exhibition season, so having 6 exhibition games spread out instead of 2 prior to start of season. Big head start and perfect season/group to do it with.

You're prolly my favorite non-UK poster.

Got any new good info for us sadists?

no way in hell I'm trading out Trey Lyles for Johnson. Trey was pretty damn good and a sophomore year would've been pretty damn good. Johnson hasn't played college. Trey showed he could play well in college. I'll take Trey.

Reactions: IAphatcat

Saul, you're one of my favorite posters but there is no way in hell I take Hagans over sophomore Andrew Harrison. People need to go back and watch how good he was for us and how many times he saved our ass.

Hagans is going to struggle at first but he's an athletic freak who's a dog on both ends. Still it's a crime how much sophomore Andrew gets so little respect.

Saul, you're one of my favorite posters but there is no way in hell I take Hagans over sophomore Andrew Harrison. People need to go back and watch how good he was for us and how many times he saved our ass.

Hagans is going to struggle at first but he's an athletic freak who's a dog on both ends. Still it's a crime how much sophomore Andrew gets so little respect.

No one can compare or know anything until these guys play college ball.

Sure glad you're not the coach. The 3 strikes me as our weakest spot. Johnson is way over-hyped and Hagans does seem to have potential. It will be a strong team with lots of possibilities. My hope is that Johnson can give us some good minutes at the 3 but hope we don't have to rely on him. PJ, Quade, and Reed will carry this team with strong support from EJ, Richards, Hagans, Quickly, and the rest.

I think Hagans will win the starting Job by Late Dec early Jan. Can see Herro starting at the 2 by then as well. Both are studs

Reactions: KYJamm
Dang what a back court we are going to have. I was excited when we got Quickly but adding Hagans, lordy, lordy..

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Better wait until he's cleared by the NCAA to start celebrating. He ain't Marvin Bagley and we ain't Duke.

Nah, it seems having a little fun now is okay. If that has to be dealt with it can be dealt with then instead of now.. (If that's okay?)

Sure glad you're not the coach. The 3 strikes me as our weakest spot. Johnson is way over-hyped and Hagans does seem to have potential. It will be a strong team with lots of possibilities. My hope is that Johnson can give us some good minutes at the 3 but hope we don't have to rely on him. PJ, Quade, and Reed will carry this team with strong support from EJ, Richards, Hagans, Quickly, and the rest.
It’s too early to declare Johnson overhyped. I understand why people think he will be so good after the mcds game as well as the times he’s played on tv. The three is our weak spot, but guys like herro and baker can play that spot. It wouldn’t surprise me to have cal play quickly Hagans and Quade at the same time in certain situations. I’m not ready to say this team is on par with 2015 as we are missing a guy like towns.

Marcus Lee played basketball for three years at the University of Kentucky and has a degree from Cal-Berkeley.

For a guy who wasn't going to be an NBA player, that's getting the most out of your basketball abilities. Great guy. The stuff he did behind the scenes without any cameras on while at UK is so much bigger than rebounds or blocked shots.

It’s too early to declare Johnson overhyped. I understand why people think he will be so good after the mcds game as well as the times he’s played on tv. The three is our weak spot, but guys like herro and baker can play that spot. It wouldn’t surprise me to have cal play quickly Hagans and Quade at the same time in certain situations. I’m not ready to say this team is on par with 2015 as we are missing a guy like towns.

Johnson is far from overhyped, he is the best two way player in the class. Only player in the class that can take it to Barrett on a nightly basis, he has more potential than anyone in this class, outside of Barrett on the perimeter.

Herro won’t be starting unless there are several injuries

Herro will lose playing time to Baker, who has more to his game than most realize, outside of shooting. Herro needs to get stronger and work on his footwork and conditioning, so he can be a high level defender. His offensive game is as good, as anyone id this draft. He would drop 30 points, every night for his old high school in Wisconsin

Herro will lose playing time to Baker, who has more to his game than most realize, outside of shooting. Herro needs to get stronger and work on his footwork and conditioning, so he can be a high level defender. His offensive game is as good, as anyone id this draft. He would drop 30 points, every night for his old high school in Wisconsin
Which is why I think both will see time at the 3 especially herro. He’s capable of playing it with his size even though he’s a likely 2. It wouldn’t surprise me if he played the point if he is here more than one year

Reactions: 1991greywildcat
That was against Wiscousin boys lol! He won’t get those scoring opportunities this year. His playing time will come backing up Johnson at the three. Since he’s 6’5. Baker will get more time at SG than Herro!

Reactions: 1991greywildcat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT