ADVERTISEMENT

had the SEC conference been this strong

tenncats

Junior
Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
throughout coach cals tenure here, have to wonder how many more nit apperances we may have had.

LOL, is that a joke? Only years you could possibly think that about are 2011 (Final Four), 2014 (Runner-up), or 2016. So, MAYBE one.

would have been on the bubble proably everyone of those years, so it could have been 50/50 on rather we made the tournament or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: seccats04
I still think that only the 2013 team would have gone. I feel like other teams played hard when they needed to, and often played at the level of their competition. I think that 11, 14, 16 would have won roughly the same amount of games. This team is not nearly as talented as those three teams. Even if Kentucky had a Jamal Murray.....

I still think that only the 2013 team would have gone. I feel like other teams played hard when they needed to, and often played at the level of their competition. I think that 11, 14, 16 would have won roughly the same amount of games. This team is not nearly as talented as those three teams. Even if Kentucky had a Jamal Murray.....

The 2014 team might have been at risk, but the 11 and 16 teams were both top 10 in Kenpom going into the tournament. They were good teams.

Just my opinion

1. I don't see this as a really great conference. There's no real bottom feeders but the SEC only had two teams in NCAA top 16 preview tournament bracket. Would anyone place a huge wager on a SEC team making it to the Elite Eight?

2. For us, it wouldn't have made that much difference in other years as we still make the tournament, and that includes 2013, if not for the Noel injury.

Reactions: fatguy87
2011-9 losses
2013 12 losses
2014 11 losses
2016 9 losses
2018 - 9 losses and counting.

11,13,14 each had 6 losses in SEC play. If the sec was far more difficult then you could tack on an additional 3-4 more losses. Seriously doubt we would have been in the NCAA tourney in a few of those years unless we won the sec tourney.

2011-9 losses
2013 12 losses
2014 11 losses
2016 9 losses

11,13,14 each had 6 losses in SEC play. If the sec was far more difficult then you could tack on an additional 3-4 more losses. Seriously doubt we would have been in the NCAA tourney in a few of those years unless we won the sec tourney.

Thank God for great records..I mean, incredibly great records in 2010, 2012, and 2015..and for really deep NCAA Tournament runs in 2011 and 2014 because those five seasons you mentioned up above are looking pretty ugly..50 losses in those five seasons and this team isn't done losing yet this season it seems.

Reactions: seccats04
Thank God for great records..I mean, incredibly great records in 2010, 2012, and 2015..and for really deep NCAA Tournament runs in 2011 and 2014 because those five seasons you mentioned up above are looking pretty ugly..50 losses in those five seasons and this team isn't done losing yet this season it seems.
That is what I have said recently and yet others call me a troll just for stating facts. I just think we can do better since we are the top basketball school in the country. We don't have to have these ugly regular seasons.

Calipari has been exposed. UK is a charter member of the SEC, established in 1932 and Calipari is about to break a record in our school’s history as the worst UK coach of all time.

Last edited:
2011-9 losses
2013 12 losses
2014 11 losses
2016 9 losses

agree

2011-9 losses
2013 12 losses
2014 11 losses
2016 9 losses

Teams get in with 13 or 14 losses all the time. We got in with 14 I think in 2007. If they are letting nobodies in with that many losses, they are going to let us in, for ratings if nothing else.

have a chance to have 2 nit appearances compared to one championship, didn't see that coming when cal was hired here

anyone happy with this season has their head buried in the sand,

Which has nothing to do with the OP. Oh wait, you’re the OP. Just keep pulling random shit out of your ass. Nobody is happy with the season. Keep dreaming of NIT appearances that didn’t happen to make you feel better.

Reactions: irishcat1965
the one year the sec gets hard and we set under 500 and in the middle of the pack, will have to see if this changes going forward.

Absolutely it does. We all know exactly what you are.

and what coach cal is a slightly above average coach unless he has overwhelming talent, which the place where we currently set in the SEC standings goes to show

Last edited:
Or not. Tubby 263-83. Cal so far 284-70, with 3 more Final Fours. Fail.

You failed as soon as you started typing. I said if you go by losses and you immediately overlooked the whole premise of my post. Never once did I mention if you go by FF appearances I said LOSSES.

mmm I think you are counting additional seasons of Tubby. Tubby coached 10 seasons here and Cal has not as he has not finished his 9th yet.
Tubby had 12 losses in his final year so subtract that from your 83 number to equal out seasons. Cal has not finished losing this season so you might as well add more to Cals number at that. Now we are getting somewhere :okay:

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Teams get in with 13 or 14 losses all the time. We got in with 14 I think in 2007. If they are letting nobodies in with that many losses, they are going to let us in, for ratings if nothing else.

Then whydid we miss the tourney in 2013?? Going by your intellect their is no way we are a NIT team.

The SEC doesn't look all that strong to me. We aren't losing to teams that are on fire. We're losing games in which both teams look pretty bad. We just happen to play worse than our opponent.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
You failed as soon as you started typing. I said if you go by losses and you immediately overlooked the whole premise of my post. Never once did I mention if you go by FF appearances I said LOSSES.

mmm I think you are counting additional seasons of Tubby. Tubby coached 10 seasons here and Cal has not as he has not finished his 9th yet.
Tubby had 12 losses in his final year so subtract that from your 83 number to equal out seasons. Cal has not finished losing this season so you might as well add more to Cals number at that. Now we are getting somewhere :okay:

Oh yeah, and Coach Cal also has an NIT appearance and an NIT first round loss to Robert Morris under his belt and his team is working on another NIT appearance for this year at the moment. That homer you replied to and corrected needs to add the bad in with the good when it comes to Coach Cal.

And no, this doesn't mean I want Coach Cal to leave or that I want the Tubby days back, everybody. We're just comparing. Simple as that.

would have been on the bubble proably everyone of those years, so it could have been 50/50 on rather we made the tournament or not.
Alot of stupid ass posts on this board but this is just idiotic. The sec wasnt as bad as people said those years and it isnt as strong as people are saying this year. We are just having a down year and the morons come out

Alot of stupid ass posts on this board but this is just idiotic. The sec wasnt as bad as people said those years and it isnt as strong as people are saying this year. We are just having a down year and the morons come out
The SEC has been terrible every year Cal has been here except this year. Every year it was us or Florida. And even this year there are no dominant teams. It's a bunch of average teams clumped together. Do you really think Auburn's mighty mites are going to do any damage in the NCAA's? I don't.

Not sure where the 284-70 record came from, but Cal's record at UK is actually 266-62. He's still 21 losses behind Tubby with just over a season left. He's already passed Tubby in wins, though.

2011-9 losses
2013 12 losses
2014 11 losses
2016 9 losses

none of those teams came close to being as bad as this year

ADVERTISEMENT