Allen
Collins
Oscar
Toppin
Ware
Hopkins
TyTy
Miller

That's 10 deep. I love that squad! We shall see.

Either way, I believe that Cal has woken up and will respond. I like the moves he's making and I love the freshmen coming in. Collins will be a star.

Reactions: jayroon
Already got American Pickers lined up in the DVR for the next year. Will hopefully catch some hoops along the way. Or something like that.

Reactions: ThroughBlue
TyTy was just named 1st team AA by MaxPreps fwiw, and will most likely be 5* next update per Bossi after blowing up at Nationals. Pretty stroke.

Watched the entire game between he & Hickman - one of them will hopefully be good enough, but I’m done projecting freshman.

They’re both actual point guards, so that’s a start coming off a season with zero.

Can't get in for UK but in 2nd season for the Warriors.

My biggest redass moment in Rupp came in December of 16 during that 2nd half debacle vs UCLA. Our first born was 3 weeks old and I was running on fumes. I was all excited about getting out of the house for a big early December win in Rupp.

The 2nd half happened and I started dog cussing like a sailor because Briscoe kept driving baseline over and over turning the ball over while UCLA sagged off packing the lane all while Michael Mulder rotted on the sideline. This was also the beginning of my pure loathing of Joel Justus as I noticed how the players paid him no attention during time outs and dead ball instructions. I genuinely think I made this fella and his wife completely uncomfortable.

Anyways, Mulder had that lightning quick release and was a very good athlete. I wish he would’ve played more. Go Cats.

Last edited:
Is it that hard to project a stud PG? I don't think so. Wings and bigs are much harder. All that's happened is we are trying to convince ourselves a 2nd or 3rd tier PG recruit is going to be John Wall, Brandon Knight or De'Arron Fox. Top 10 recruit to 30-40ish is a big drop for likelihood of stepping on campus at UK and running the show.

Those two would be swell if they were here to build something.

Reactions: Catman100
Not trying to go against BITCHY Anth but who knows? Unlike Askew, both Washington and Hickman have their stock rising as their high school careers are ending. They’re both ranked similarly to Bledsoe, Ulis, Booker, SGA and Herro, who were okay.

Cal will add another piece or return Mintz too. That’s a pretty decent backcourt and very good frontcourt.

Again- not trying to go against that bitch Anth.

5 years ago we picked which top 10 stud PG we wanted. Hell, we picked which top 20 PG we wanted to back him up. Just a little pissed we haven't had a legit PG running the show since SGA and that took half a season to get through the Green experience. Call me bitchy, though.

I've had enough with trying to convince myself a last second spring backup plan is going to be a productive member of our team the next season.

Last edited:
5 years ago we picked picked which top 10 stud PG we wanted. Hell, we picked which top 20 PG we wanted to back him up. Just a little pissed we haven't had a legit PG running the show since SGA and that took half a season to get through the Green experience. Call me bitchy, though.

I've had enough with trying to convince myself a last second spring backup plan is going to be a productive member of our team the next season.

Then don’t convince yourself of anything and just STFU. We know how you feel on everything. Everything sucks and we’ll never be good again. F off

I think it's fair to say TyTy and Hickman both seem like promising players and there's hope for next season and it's not beneficial to be miserable about it before anything's even happened, and also be concerned that we can see each year that Cal seems to be scrambling a bit more than in the past and is missing on more first and second options.

-the hell is wrong with being in "show me" mode. Not gonna be a miserable turd... cautious optimism is one thing, but the pollyanna "cal will get it sorted" take is bullshit. Hes gonna have to re-earn that trust.

And we also never get to say Cal will get them straight by January-February. AMIRITE?

Reactions: rudd1
Hickman started a foundation for the less fortunate.

There's that.

Plus, when he sucks we can post 10 times during in game redass....

"Go home and run your foundation co÷× suc/#r!"

I'm not sure why Mintz would come back at this point. It seems like his role would be less than what it was last year. OTOH, he'll be 23 years old soon so not sure where exactly he'd be off to if he leaves.

Reactions: wcc31
Unlike Askew, both Washington and Hickman have their stock rising as their high school careers are ending. They’re both ranked similarly to Bledsoe, Ulis, Booker, SGA and Herro, who were okay.

Askew had a year left in HS....you conveniently forget that. What would his stock have done as a HS Sr?

-the hell is wrong with being in "show me" mode. Not gonna be a miserable turd... cautious optimism is one thing, but the pollyanna "cal will get it sorted" take is bullshit. Hes gonna have to re-earn that trust.
That's fair. I genuinely believe he's going to get it worked out but I understand if others need to see it first to believe it.

Yeah it’s Pollyanna to want to have a UK basketball discussion without Anth and the other hilariously bitchy posters coming in and shitting on everything every time. Again- F off.

Do you have specific takes on Hickman or Washington- or do they just suck because Cal sucks and everything sucks?

- Can't recall who said it on Twitter, but it's pretty crazy that in the past month, the Indiana, UNC, and Arizona jobs have all opened up, and none of them were filled by anyone with CBB head coaching experience. It took real guts for Arizona's AD to hire the Gonzaga assistant when there were clear choices from within the Lute family. Props to him for thinking outside the box and hiring the guy he thought was the best remaining candidate. Then again, he'd also whiffed on a half-dozen others, been used by Muss for a raise at Arkansas, and completely botched the entire process by not firing Miller sooner. But it's whatever.

- When Cal leaves, I do think it will be nice that former Kentucky players (and fans) won't have a "keep it in the family" mentality when it comes to choosing the next HC. Partially because there have been six coaches over the past 40 years, instead of a singular legend who everyone feels anchored to, a la Knight/Lute/Dean. Duke's AD is gonna have a headache replacing K if he keeps it in the family, because they all have pretty significant warts. Probably why they'll go all-in on Stevens.

- I think a two-headed PG monster of TyTy/Hickman would be just fine, especially if Mintz comes back. Just by the simple law of averages, at least one of them will be better than Askew, and more than likely both will be better. And they'd be playing alongside a couple of backcourt vets in Mintz/Grady. If you don't trust them in crunch time, just let Mintz close it out and put Allen at the 3. I really like what I see/hear from TyTy, and besides, getting him also means keeping him from Kansas, so that's a bonus.

- Feels like Brooks is gone. He's clearly not getting drafted, so why hasn't he just said he's back by now? Mintz makes sense because he's figuring out whether he wants another season of CBB, period. But it feels like KB is just putting out feelers to see where he might fit elsewhere. I'm sure Woodson is selling him on playing the 4 next to TJD. I want him back for a number of reasons, but most notably so that Cal, if he sticks to this promise of a 3-guard lineup, will stick him at the 4 alongside OSCAR, instead of starting Collins/OSCAR alongside each other.

Serious post: it sucks ass that we don’t have a legit, dependable for sure point guard going into next season, particularly after the worst season and the worst backcourt we’ve seen in our entire lives.

There’s nothing bitchy about that at all.

In case you haven’t been paying attention, college basketball has enacted this one-time transfer rule and there are 1,500 transfers on the market. Our roster isn’t set and neither is anyone else’s.

The NCAA should get rid of these stupid transfer allowances and tell these whiny bitch players that if they don’t like the situation to move to Lithuania.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT