ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

I mean, failing the bar exam but then arguing your way into passing it because they hurt your feelings and embarrassed you on social media would be some serious chops.

Is there a separate bar for Judo law?

Last edited:
Reactions: 80 Proof
How long of a gap was it between when they told the lawyers they passed and when they told them it was a mistake?

I signed up for a Constant Contact account, but decided to go with Mail Chimp instead. Even though I've never used it beyond setting up a free account, I've had to unsubscribe from their mass emails about a half dozen times, and I've gotten a voicemail from Brad every single day for 2 weeks.

So......props to them, I guess?

My two best friends in the world are attorneys and they're like brothers to me. One of their wife's is an attorney as well.

But when the lawyers in here start piping up (especially early) and piling on and telling everyone else how bad being in law is... nah.

It's more insufferable than hearing from teachers

tenor.gif

<-- sells insurance.

Mine is a career where you work hard for 5/10/15 years, build a nice book of business, then hire other people to handle all the menial bs so you can spend your time golfing, drinking, lunching, and dining and calling it "work."

Really upset I didn't start my business much, much sooner. 1 1/2 years in, and I'm definitely ready for that "make a ton of money and don't work much" phase.

<-- sells insurance.

Mine is a career where you work hard for 5/10/15 years, build a nice book of business, then hire other people to handle all the menial bs so you can spend your time golfing, drinking, lunching, and dining and calling it "work."

Whatever floats your boat, i guess. Sounds kinda pathetic. :)

If I didn't have my path pretty much set up for me from the day I was born and went back in time, insurance would for sure be the game I would want to be in.

My agent buys and flips farms, travels, does whatever he wants, and basically is just enjoying the touch out of life while his underlings do most of the work. He's my age, makes a ton more money than I do and honestly I'm just his biggest fan. He worked the business hard like PTi layed out, and like we assume BBdK does, and now is enjoying the fruits of his labor. Just send in those renewals baby. I'd switch spots with him in a heartbeat.

-Wasn't aware the pretzel was a lawyer. That's neat.

-IMO, the prospective blood suckers should that didn't actually didn't pass the bar should defer to this line, "Did you say Jerry Gallo, Gallo with a G? Jerry Gallo is dead. I'm Jerry Callo. C-A-L-L-O."

^Fantastic movie and where I get all my legal knowledge. Which puts me ahead of like 98% of practicing attorneys.

-I'm just spitting mad over this school bullshit. Unbelievable. Fired off a email to our superintendent, so I'm that guy and years old I guess.

-Fish tacos last night were fire. Sloot and her sisters made some pickled jalapenos that are straight fire.

-Do we even have a sun anymore? Has anyone seen it?

-Friday 5 + 2:

Favorite artists and songs edition:

Pac - I get around
Eminem - Lose Yourself
Wayne - A Mili or Stuntin Like My Daddy (you try to pick)
BIG - Back to Cali
Kanye - Good Life
OutKast - Elevators
Ross - Aston Martin Music

I mean, I get it. You shouldn't be admitted to practice law just because you were told you passed and you actually didn't (though whether passing the bar exam has anything to do with how capable one is of being a competent attorney is a different discussion altogether, but I digress . . .)

Still just would really suck to experience that.

Reactions: pretzel__logic
Moms cousin is a vet near Louisville. They told people not to come in and they would get crates. Someone decided not to comply and two people got Covid including mom's cousin who just came out of a month long medically induced coma.

Speaking of Insurance, do you have a bounty on your head SAE? Lmao.

Best I can gather you run around and dig up 'invisible' claims from 10-15 years ago - do I have that about right?

-Lose Yourself is obviously an iconic song in pop culture, but that's a very Chaddish selection. I'll go, even though most of these would change on any given day:

Pac - Can't See Me
Em - Bitch Please 2
Wayne - Steady Mobbin
Big - Juicy
Kanye - Through the Wire
Kast - Southernplayalistic...
Ross - Stay Schemin

Reactions: anthonys735
Moms cousin is a vet near Louisville. They told people not to come in and they would get crates. Someone decided not to comply and two people got Covid including mom's cousin who just came out of a month long medically induced coma.

When I don't want people to come into my house I lock the door.

When BarBri got sued and had to pay out class action settlement checks to the people like me savvy enough to fill out a postcard.... man those unexpected random checks were AWESOME.

Reactions: legalbeagle123
Friday 5 lawyer edition:

Lawyers, Guns and Money-zevon
Lawyers in love-jackson browne
The pot-tool
Ticks and leeches-tool
Without me-eminem

Maynard is a noted lawyer hater. Appreciate a good Tool take.

Obviously I noticed this about Maynard because I'm an ATTORNEY who PRACTICES LAW and REPRESENTS CLIENTS and I HATE MY LIFE which I know was top secret information before, feels good to get it off my chest. ;)

Speaking of Insurance, do you have a bounty on your head SAE? Lmao.

Best I can gather you run around and dig up 'invisible' claims from 10-15 years ago - do I have that about right?

-Lose Yourself is obviously an iconic song in pop culture, but that's a very Chaddish selection. I'll go, even though most of these would change on any given day:

Pac - Can't See Me
Em - Bitch Please 2
Wayne - Steady Mobbin
Big - Juicy
Kanye - Through the Wire
Kast - Southernplayalistic...
Ross - Stay Schemin

Says the guy choosing “Juicy” huh?

When BarBri got sued and had to pay out class action settlement checks to the people like me savvy enough to fill out a postcard.... man those unexpected random checks were AWESOME.

Wait...what happened? I was generally pleased with BarBri (little overpriced but whatever).

Who are you to point your finger...

Guess they regulate the medical field a little more than the law dogs...we have to pass 3 licensing exams, then a written and oral exam for board certification.

Insurance sounds dope, think I’d be a financial planner or Hvac heir in another life...if rockstar or pro athlete weren’t on the table.

Reactions: Voinovich.
<-- sells insurance.

Really upset I didn't start my business much, much sooner. 1 1/2 years in, and I'm definitely ready for that "make a ton of money and don't work much" phase.

I was led to believe there is also a day you can take off in the middle of the week to just sit around the house and wekkit/eat pizza rolls/do some on-line gambling/other sinful creations? Pretty strong selling point in all honesty.

Having a shared Spotify account produced some solid results for the annual spins. A top 5 featuring (IT DOESNT MATTER WHICH JAMS WERE MINE):

Ice Cream Paint Job
The Way I Live (Baby Boy Da Prince)
2 Songs from Hamilton
A song off of Taylor Swifts most recent work

In typical GYERO fashion Anth is not only a HVAC czar, he’s the foremost authority on all things COVID and now he can practice law better than 99.9% licensed attorneys.

What can this man NOT do?
1 and 2 are accurate.

As for law, 99% of us can practice law better than licensed attorneys. Have you not watched My Cousin Vinny or the Bird Law Episode of Sunny in Philadelphia?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT