ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

If we're knocking Chuck, your boy Liggins also has a checkered past when it comes to domestic abuse.

Shout out to the Kentucky Bar Association really making a strong late push for “biggest nut punch of 2020”

Have you seen the email notification that was sent out? It contains an obvious grammatical error.

"Yep, we totally f****d up your bar results and also didn't have the common decency to proofread this horseshit email."

Results sent out Monday. Some "passers" were notified today that "an error accord" [that was actually in the email] and they did not actually pass. I believe one person had already gotten sworn in and was practicing law in a prosecutor's office.

They should provisionally admit each one of those people and make them take the exam next year.

What a joke.

Ky bar can’t get the exam right, but we should trust all computer tabulating results. Just sayin....

How many people took that exam, 155 million?

That is truly awful tho. Feel for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Col. Angus
I’ll say this, in general an attorney is one of the few persons I’d like to punch for no other reason than the fact they are an attorney.

That said, EVERYTIME I’ve ever needed one, I’d have paid twice what they charged for their services rendered. What a blessing.

Them laws weren’t written for people like me.

I mean pretty sure a public retraction from the Bar that they screwed up takes care of the strike to credibility.

But that didn't happen to me so maybe I'd say something dumb if it did. Poor guy/girl.

Was at a cemetery and saw a gravestone that said an attorney and a good man was buried there. Since when did they start burying 2 people in a grave and didn’t even put the lawyers name on it. This WOKE shit is going too far.

-attorneys are like penis...love mine, *really* don't wanna have to see/deal with anybody else's.

I *think* they are more like policemen. Don’t want to deal with one until you need to.

That said, @legalbeagle123 helped me write up a divorce agreement that, without going into too much detail, helped me coming out smelling like a rose. So yeah, I’ll always like me some lawyers

Some years ago, my spam filter began intercepting KBA emails, and I never told it to allow them, so then they disappeared into the ether entirely, and I’m happy for it. What a horseshit organization. That stuff described above is unconscionable.

When I took the bar in 2007 at the splendid Executive Inn or whatever it was called out by the fairgrounds, I noted three blatant grammatical errors in the questions in the writing portion of the exam. I’m talking basic shit - like subject verb agreement. I decided right then and there, in the midst of the exam, that I would always be invisible with respect to the bar association. And to the rest of humanity in general.

Last edited:
My boy Stan Chauvin wouldn’t have let this happen when he was running the bar, that’s for damn sure.

After passing my ARE one late 90’s November, my old UK college roommate’s dad told me during Thanksgiving dinner in his Nitta Yuma Antebellum mansion, “that architecture license you earned, is a license to starve.”

Welp... still stings.

Back to favorite ex- UK players...he enjoyed college life, he enjoyed being a UK b'ball player, he gave no shits...Doron Lamb

Reactions: wcc31
ulis-blood.gif

Recent

Former_UK_basketball_player_Charles_Hurt_dies.gif

Past

I'll represent you krazykats -- and take a tenth of my fees in bourbon. I just don't think you like me.

I have taken two bar exams, one right of school and another in 2019. For various reasons, if either state bar had yanked the rug out on me like KY just did, I have serious concerns I may have been suicidal as a result. I passed both. Both experiences were miserable on a level I hope I never face again. The days I found out I passed were filled with relief more than joy. Hell, even waiving in to another state was awful (ever study for a bar for 2 months and have the C&F committee tell you "oops lol we haven't finished that, you can't sit"? Thankfully I had 5 years in shortly thereafter and didn't have to take the exam.)

LAW!

I *really* want to be sympathetic for this kid, there’s just too much millennial, self-entitlement bullshit to unpack from this.

“Any help would be appreciated.” Let’s start with a BarBri subscription and work our way from there. Nobody is going to hand you a bar license because your feelings are hurt and you’ll have to post a retraction on Facebook.

Oh, and if this hiccup is enough to give an “entire legal career a black eye,” then maybe this isn’t the right profession.

ADVERTISEMENT