ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was not a fan of Packer but agree that you knew it was a big game when he was there. One of those deals where you really do not appreciate them until they are gone. Would put Vitale in that category as well. Annoying as heck but one of a kind that can’t be replaced.

Remember an SI article about Packer. He was always needling people, not afraid to criticize coaches, like Georgetown not pressing Villanova. Back in the day when break in tv action, he'd speak to the satellite feed viewers pre-real cable/satellite, "Hello you scumbags stealing this signal".
Growing up in the 70's, Saturday afternoons on NBC with Enberg and McGuire. The good old days.

Packer may have been an ass but he was really good at color. His ability to pick up on the game within the game and relay it to viewers was unrivaled.

Also, when you saw that yellow CBS Sports banner hanging from the tunnel in Rupp and saw him on your television right before tip you KNEW it was a big game.

What is amazing is that this is what got Packer send out to pasture. Fancy Pants Nantz tried to get him to walk it back but Billy wasn't having it.

Looking forward to the race riots tonight in Memphis, especially if Dateline is a rerun. Hopefully they hold off until right after Shark Tank.

Sorry bud...whitey not involved in this one. That must be why Waters, Sharpton, and Jackson haven't camped out on Beale St. yet.

Now that they both went vegan or whatever, Bill Clinton and Al Sharpton look alike (albeit of different hues), imo.

* I'm curious what the line will be for tomorrow. If I'm Vegas, I'd probably go with a straight pick 'em. Wouldn't shock me if we blow them out, they kick our asses, etc. It is nice to have some optimism for a big game for the first time in a long time.

* There's a missing radioactive capsule in Western Australia if UKO is looking for a place to go on a vacation with a metal detector.

* I wonder if the DC Talk bit on KSR today put a spring in Rev. KingLlama's step.

* Kash Daniel might be getting out-Kashed:

Reactions: RunninRichie
Before I start getting all outraged about someone being murdered, can I get the political beliefs of all the parties involved here?

Reactions: Col. Angus
Can someone give the summary of actually wtf happened for us that don’t follow the news very close?
From a thread on the main board:

Yup, heard this as well. Pulled over for reckless driving. Cop found out who it was and called the other cop whose wife he was banging. The cops turned off their body cams and dude took off running. They caught up to him and beat him pretty good. The firefighters were called to the scene and just sat there in their truck until the ambulance showed up (which is why they got fired). Evidently he just sat in the back of the cop car beat to a pulp until the paramedics showed up. * This is all allegedly of course *

They did turn off their cams but a street lamp cam caught the beating.

TytZaRP.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT