ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most fun half of basketball in a year. What a half. That's an all time performance by Oscar. Let's go.

Im Back Wake Up GIF

Could Cal have been overthinking it some after all the injuries last year? Trying to preserve the guys as long as possible this year.

Just a lot of WTF to the season

Glad Cawood won his bets!

Last edited:
F’ing Cal, man.

The team just worked harder, wanted it more, spent more time in the gym, believed in themselves, went the extra mile, supported one another…..

…oh, and we also played our best lineup. Again. Don’t think he mentioned that.

Oh well. F him. Love it for these guys and this team. What a HUGE half and W!

- Didn’t watch the game last night. 18 mo old (while finally sleeping thru the night) is waking up at 4:30am. After 3 straight late nights staying up, I crashed early.

- Wife and I heading up to DC for a weekend away this Friday. Reservations at Old Ebbitt Grill on Friday. Any Saturday recommendations?

- Top Golf this past weekend with father in law. Always a blast every time I go. Food prices have gotten absurd but I guess it’s the new norm everywhere.

- How the hell the chargers blow a 27-0 lead? Does the math work out by just running 3 straight plays up the middle the rest of the game to ensure a win? Has to be fairly close, especially if get a first down or 2.

- We got MLK day off for the first time this year. Don’t know why but have a guess.

- Hope you have good insurance Brady.

Last edited:
Yesterday woke up at 4AM to the police letting me know a POS had broke in the store. He ended up with 30k+ inventory in 57 seconds. Pretty strange feeling to watch a guy come and do that to something we’ve built.
Sorry to hear this. It happened to the store down the street from us in Louisville where my son goes religiously. The sacks of shit came thru the roof.

* General Oscar Tecumseh Sherman Tschiebwe averages 33 and 20.5 against the Dawgs.

In the postgame show, Cal said what everyone has been thinking -- so far this year Oscar has looked a little like he's been getting high on his own supply and needed to get back to being his monstrous self. And by God Oscar got back to being a Congolese lion hunter last night.

* I'm assuming that was Wheeler's Wally Pipp game. It sucks for him but ball don't lie.

I still think he's going to be a valuable contributor down the stretch if he accepts his new role. Last night was his birthday and he was playing against his old college, so I understand him being visibly upset with his playing time being cut. Hopefully there is a meeting of the minds behind the scenes and he leads from the bench. There have been several times this season already where he's fixed mistakes that Cal and the staff missed.

* That Kansas game is looming large. If we handle the Fightin' Bonzos and Vandy, Rupp is going to be at a fever pitch to rival the 2003 Florida game.

Win that game and it will be the biggest BBN whiplash I can remember.

* Wallace, Reeves, Fredrick, Toppin, and Oscar all need to start and play 32+ per night.

It isn't that hard.

Jesus, Ryan Lemond is making a spectacle of himself. Even more so than usual

The Whopper Juice of KSR personalities, if you will.

* From the 6:50 mark of Rob Dauster and Jeff Goodman's review of the game:

I will not buy into Kentucky until I see definitive proof that Cal has seen the light and we are never going to see a lineup with Savhir at the 1, Livingston at the 3, Lance Ware at the 4, and Tschiebwe at the 5. I do not believe he's going to say 'I can't play that way any more'. I think he wants to play that way...

But if Cal buys into this idea that his best 5 is what he was forced to play because Savhir Wheeler was hurt, then
YES I am all-in on Kentucky. If he's not, then I'm not in on Kentucky.

Rob Dauster summed up GYERO's thoughts perfectly. Last night was the first inkling that Flat Earth Cal might be seeing the light. Here's hoping it keeps up.

Last edited:
You just knew when Wheeler made that bad entry pass that resulted in a 3 the other way that he was done for the night. Poor kid. But Cal has to let Wallace do what he did last night to reach potential. Fingers crossed.

- Wife and I heading up to DC for a weekend away this Friday. Reservations at Old Ebbitt Grill on Friday. Any Saturday recommendations?
Jack Rose for one of the oldest and robust collections of brown water in the country. Hay Adams for a nightcap in the shadow of the Monuments.

Either Cal was going to start playing Wheeler less or the fans were going to get more outwardly frustrated and hostile towards him.

I know he has to be disappointed, but he's been given every opportunity to own that position and he's just not taken advantage of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT