ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

- I like the Mertz pickup. Big upside. Put him in the Coen transformation machine with our perimeter talent and LFG.

Is this based on the roughly 3 minutes of Wertz research you did (same as the rest of us, fwiw)

For the record....this Mertz >>>>>>>>> Graham Mertz

fred-mertz-tv-characters-photo-u1

Agree with UKO. We should have signed an all conference QB. Shocked we didn't look at Stroud or Bennett and settled.

Nah, I like the Wertz deal...given the Stoop and UK media hype machine, he will soon have a 7 figure NIL deal, and will be at Logan's getting fitted for his green room suit when he makes his NYC Heisman visit next year.

Actually, the new QB could have came from a YMCA men's flag football league and you would be raving over him as if Stoops just signed Mahomes.

Nah, I like the Wertz deal...given the Stoop and UK media hype machine, he will soon have a 7 figure NIL deal, and will be at Logan's getting fitted for his green room suit when he makes his NYC Heisman visit next year.

Actually, the new QB could have came from a YMCA men's flag football league and you would be raving over him as if Stoops just signed Mahomes.
98-69

Not sure how anyone could dislike the Wertz transfer. I was hopeful for Hudson Card, but I’m pleasantly surprised at the QB we have now.

Other than talent and ability it’s impossible to judge anything we know to this point. Sure he came from a run heavy attack and theoretically we should be run heavy too, but our RBs aren’t up to our usual strength.

Also the talent at WR/TE would suggest with the right OC(I know everything says it’s Coen) we could lean a little more pass next year which Wertz has the talent to handle.

Excellent get by the staff with no OC in place!

The Coach Jeff Brohm Purdue is worded oddly to me. I would’ve written Purdue Coach Jeff Brohm or just Coach Brohm. I think your players know where they play and where you coach.

Reactions: Col. Angus
2406 yards / 19 TDs / 10 ints / 65.4%
2136 yards / 19 TDs / 10 ints / 57.3%

I mean, I don’t even know what to make of this. But it’s interesting. Levis and Mertz.

What’s the scuttledick on Gino Guidugli? Seems like a dece backup offer for Coen, and I’m sure he speaks with that extremely unique Northern Kentucky accent, being a Fort Thomas guy and all.

The Coach Jeff Brohm Purdue is worded oddly to me. I would’ve written Purdue Coach Jeff Brohm or just Coach Brohm. I think your players know where they play and where you coach.
Gym guy giving out English lessons to a P5 head coach.

Gino bounced on us. He can GGP. I’m sure other self serving dolts will act as if it’s no big deal to leave your home state school to go to Cincy with probation looming. Wouldn’t want them leading UK’s offense either.

Reactions: roguemocha
I get it, but it’s not like Guidugli quit on us right before a bowl game or something. Give him a break.

I find it kind of hard to believe that 31 is the lowest over/under point total ever. 21-10, 24-7, 28-3, etc. aren't record-breakingly low scores. Our UGA game this year had a total of 22, and they were a top 3 offense.

Mags on the record with a 95% chance Coen is the guy. I'll probably tune in to the Rams game tonight to check out this guy's offense and see how he calls plays.

I don't know what to make of Mertz, but if Coen is leaving the NFL to come coach him, I'm on board.

Late, but I didn't get all of the redass during the Michigan game. Thought both teams looked good on a big stage. Fun to watch. Couple of head-scratching lineups from Cal, including way too many minutes for Collins, but we looked much better overall. Even executed an inbounds play. Cake is baking. 2 seed chillin over here.

Reactions: jayroon
Will was/is injured and played 8.5 games of a season injured. And going to be a 1st round pick. With that said, I don’t want Will as the OC either.
No offense, but if Stoops chose Gino who is the current OC at Cincinnati his alma mater, and Gino chose to come here with the offense I’ve seen them run the past 2-3 years I’d be happy to have that.

It’s what you bitched about TN having but now a guy that is capable of bringing it here isn’t good enough for you because he chose Cincinnati to play for instead of UK, some 25 years ago?

I’d be just fine with that guy too. He or Coen works for me.

Who will run the ball? No CROD, Smoke or Drennen? Is it just McClain and Wright in a game where we will need to run the ball 40-50 times?

Beckwith? Brown in the Wildcat with Gran calling plays?

-The redass is because we gritted out a win vs an unranked team for our first P5 win of the season. While our upperclassmen, once again, tried every manner possible to blow a comfortable lead in crunch time. Cal needs a couple nice performances before he's getting any f*cking slack from me.

-Mertz sounds a lot like Levis. Had a rocky couple of years, as their highest rated recruit ever if I read that right, but obviously it was a shit storm and they're not know for passing attack. I'm good with it. Grab the Vandy RB and a couple linemen and let's roll.

-I'd feel terrible if Levis was playing in the MCB. Got to imagine Stoops and his family felt the same way. I know he was advised to sit out the rest of the season after both his injuries and he played through it. Don't blame him for whatever bullshit Rich and Mark had going on with the offense. Wish CRod was playing, but I get it.

-Actually kinda excited to go into a game with no expectations and see the young guys get good run. Should be much more entertaining than watching that basketball game.

Last edited:
Goodwin was already here, but he and Bowles as starters next year should clean up any of the OL issues we had.

Chris Knight put on a damn fine show about 10-15 years ago, but he's WAY past his prime, and never was much of a true "entertainer" to begin with. Pretty sure he just hates people.

I saw him once in New Orleans around 2015, and ticket sales were so bad they had to move him to a much smaller venue within the House of Blues -- and there was still hardly anyone there. Hasn't come back since. Also saw him once in Steamboat Springs as part of a huge concert series with CoolCat and mmharmon. He was on stage with 2 other guys and they each took turns signing 1 song apiece, with 3-4 rounds of that. He had to be woken up each time it was his turn because he was so drunk/pilled/whatev.

Still love him, tho.

I don't blame Gino for going to UC back when he was 18. (10 minutes from his house compared to "home school" UK an hour and a half away).

He would've been backing up the same guy he backed up in HS for 2 years at UK. He was a 4-year starter at UC and broke all of their records.

He's still a UK fan. Hell, he went with me to a UK home game vs MSU while he was a QB in the Arena League.

I know him because he was the best man in my nephew's wedding. (my nephew was a PWO LB at UK)

Guidugli is a finalist for the Western Michigan HC job and also interviewed for another head gig last week.

I love the kid, but I don't think I'd want him as our OC (yet). He only had the play calling gig for one year at UC and they didn't exactly light it up this year. He was the passing game coordinator for the playoff team, though.

ADVERTISEMENT