ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the me, me first mentality is making it's way into High School golf now. I had the mother of 2 girls who are pretty good golfers (typically shoot in the mid to high 70's) tell me neither plan to play on their high school team this year. One will be a senior and the other a junior but they are just planning to play in a Jr PGA series because they can get more exposure for colleges according to her.

I get why you might do that in basketball, football or any other contact sport where you could get injured and ruin your career but why skip out on your team in golf? I mean most schools only play in 5-10 tournaments per season and even at that not many girls get injured playing golf. Looks like they could do both high school and Jr PGA tours and have the extra exposure but what do I know? Well one thing I do know, as long as my daughter is playing she will be on the HS team trying to help bring home a regional or state title.

Drunk AF, don’t do this often so F it I enjoyed myself tonight more than usual.

Got a BJ on the way home. Me being loose and chill I guess made her happy. Learn from it woman.

Say what you want about Aaron Lewis sucking, his stain’d album helped me through my depression phase of life around 99-02 I guess. Several nights passed out in my car in front of the house with music blaring(keys not in ignition). I could go on and on about those years as I figured me out.

Dude is a legit “guy” and his acoustic part with his boy chuck is bad ass and just like a couple of us(or you and your buddy) just giving shit at every chance! Playing guitar and in general making memories.

He did mention TN whiskey as his preference, lol, which was met with a rain of boo’s. Got the best of me as I walked to the stage and mentioned down home KY BOURBON MF’er!!!!

Had a case of toasted Bourbon, 123 proof, in the truck and was drunk enough to drop it off at his bus. Well his event staff took it at the barricade which was right where we parked.

Hope he got it.

- Kook, probably not going to work tomorrow, holler at me for breakfast or lunch. I’ll meet ya with a lil something something!
So drove home drunk while getting a BJ...were you late for a wedding?

Shorts:

- I mean yeah- the two mega conference theory has been bouncing around for years and has been obvious since the SEC added Oklahoma/Texas. Is it better for us fans and alumni? No.

Yes. Easy, resounding, yes. No other way to look at it.

“Has it really been since January?” Friday Randoms:

- Apparently my new GYERO shtick is to just drop in, quote d.K. and agree with something he says, then slink back to lurker status.

- CF wears out songs on Alexa like all of them his age do, but the other day he randomly threw on Mood, and I hadn’t heard it in a while. Found myself bobbing my head, still a good summer jam.

- Dude Perfect live show was awesome, way better than I expected. CF got him and G matching hats for G’s soon-to-be birthday. They’ll be happy and excited about it for 5 minutes then back to fighting and wrasslin’ right after, though.

- On the flip side, Cal’s Father/Son camp left a bit (read: a LOT) to be desired. Expected way more interaction with the players. Basically was 5 minutes one night with them, then the rest of the time a couple of tours but mostly drills and competitions between all the dads and sons. Which was fine, but we could’ve all just done that at the blue courts for free. Eh well, CF loved it, all that matters.

- Been digging the SmartLess podcast lately, slugging through the back catalog. Bateman, Arnett, and Hayes all interviewing Hollywood elite past and present, but not just throwing softballs, digging pretty deep with some of them.

- Chad, on watching a good nostalgic high school party flick: I’ll see your Project X and raise you a Can’t Hardly Wait.

- Hustle pretty entertaining for what it is. Bonus points to the producers for throwing in Gettin’ It on the soundtrack. Don’t know whether to laugh or cry about these youngbloods watching it just because it’s on Netflix not even knowing who Too $hort is, though.

- Book rec: Red Notice. Author Bill Browder takes you further into the corruption of the Russian government than you ever even imagined. Follow-up Freezing Order just came out, jumping into that next.

- I used to be that law nerd hoarding CLE hours and even carrying over the max amount to the next year. This year I literally got my hours over the last two days (midnight was the cutoff). Lulz. Whatever.

- I never want to wish away summer, but I’m ready to hear some pads popping.

- 80’s FF (actual, random Pandora playlist this morning):

1. Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now - Starship
2. St. Elmo’s Fire (Man in Motion) - John Parr
3. I Can Dream About You - Dan Hartman
4. King of Wishful Thinking - Go West
5. All I Need is a Miracle - Mike + The Mechanics

- Happy Friday and 4th of July weekend, gang. Get after it.

Last edited:
I have the same bday as Too Short. Others I share a bday with include:

Saddam Hussein
Jay Leno
Jessica Alba
Penelope Cruz
Barry Larkin
John Daly
Ann Margaret
Bruno Kirby
Harper Lee
Mary McDonnell
James Monroe

I also was born on the same exact day as former NBAer Josh Howard.

Reactions: wcc31
So drove home drunk while getting a BJ...were you late for a wedding?
2 margaritas at Taco Luchador before walking over around 7, and added 5-6 beers until about 930 as I cut myself off knowing I drove. Concert ended around 1020ish and we were promptly home by 11 at which point I started in on more beers and a late night swim.

So by the time I made that post I was pretty well sauced under the stars in the peace and comfort of my own backyard.

Knowing the pain of my wife who lost her brother at the age of 20 to a drunk/high driver, please take an Uber or call a friend.

I always thought the limit if driving was 2-3… obviously every person is diff but it doesn’t take much to blow a .08 especially if a quick drinker.

What was the ABV on those beers? That may have actually been much more than 8 "drinks".

I guess you guys could be right. From 5pm to 930 pm I had 2 drinks per hour. At 6’5 270 I’m a fairly big fella, and I may have blown a little over the limit.

If I had felt there was a problem I would have definitely Uber’d. But it’s the next day, we got home safe and all is well.

That type of “date night” happens once a year at best, although we do have tickets to Bill Burr in September. I do not see much drinking on that day so we are safe for another year or 2.

Don't forget the muscle relaxers bub...
I do not take those when drinking. I’ve had 2 family members pass doing that and it’s a little startling as both weren’t abusive toward it or in a situation that was obviously a bad one.

Just randomly didn’t wake up after a night of mixing. Eye opening!

If I had felt there was a problem I would have definitely Uber’d. But it’s the next day, we got home safe and all is well.
C80Egpt.gif

The U-scans are down at the Kroger in downtown Nicholasville, so if you've ever wanted to watch crackers riot and cornbread bedlam now is your chance, I suppose.

I didn't see anything that appeared stacked, classy, or unstressed.

Still beats paying Fayette County property taxes, doh.

The highest Fayette County property taxes are 0.2% higher than Jessamine County and if I'm not mistaken you pay for private trash pickup in Jessamine County so on a $500,000 house you're saving like $50 a month.
Yeah but you can get a $500k house for about 70 cents on the dollar and pay for your own trash pickup, which is like $80 per year (or whatever).

If Kyrie and KD force their way out of Brooklyn will we ever see Ben Simmons play basketball again?

Also, you’d have to fire that GM after everything they’ve done in the last 2-3 years to basically be left with nothing!

Unbelievable.

Dude.

You’ve tried every sales pitch imaginable. Jessamine County sucks ass.

That must be why it has some of the nicest neighborhoods, most expensive homes, and the two nicest golf courses in Central KY. Your continued ignorance about Jessamine is amusing. It has been 12 yrs since I was there, but I wouldn't hesitate about going back. You have an inferiority complex?

• Haha
Reactions: 80 Proof
Things are changing. The Cavs started two bigs in Jarret Allen and Evan Mobely for most of last year with successful results. They only started to fade when Allen got hurt. I can see it working for the TWolves too since Towns can shoot so well. I'm intrigued.

Reactions: jayroon
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT