ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

-grabbed some used rock vinyl from the new arrivals bin at cd central yesterday:

Tom petty and the heartbreakers-you're gonna get it.
Joe Walsh-there goes the neighborhood
James Gang-thirds

^Walsh is the *only* good eagle. The rest suuuuuck.

-dk is correct... everyone should check out live pga at some point. It's incredible.

-will wander over to Oktoberfest a couple times this weekend. It's great for the neighborhood. Looking forward to a post tennis "German" lunch tomorrow.

-cats by 13.

I turned down free VIP tickets at the US Open in Pinehurst a few years back. True story. Zero regrets.

Reactions: FaaSoj
you want in?

Photoshop a chintzy Golf pass on cardstock and slap it in a plastic case & lanyard. The security allowing people through gates at a major golf event is akin to the blue coat patrol at a UK football game.

1,500 or so adults all drinking beer out of plastic cups (and various steins). Not an errant piece of litter anywhere. Trash bins all with capacity.

I mean, who was going to be the one to toss a cup on the ground? Wasn't going to happen. A tight ship. Made me especially proud.

(The German-American Club off Poplar Level is **dope** btw. Great beer garden. Recommended.)

I’d like to go back to yesterday when I was in a field, water running in the background, dreams of bluegrass music and crowds of people guzzling bourbon and possibly snacking on whatever small food menu I could provide.

instead, I’m here, at work, annoyed and agitated at how unorganized most everyone I deal with is and how I’m the cog that somehow smooths it all out.

Sex was great this morning though, so I’ll get over myself and try to enjoy the shit show!

5pm 5pm 5pm

I went to the touching memorial last year (VIP of course) and it was one of, if not the, best sporting events I’ve ever been to. I don’t play golf or give a shit about the golfers. My wife doesn’t either. We had cocktails we drank and walked around this pristine course. Fans walking around 20 feet from the athletes. Amazing weather. Hot talent everywhere. It was amazing, it was like waking around the trails of a beautiful park drinking and eating good food. I don’t really even know how to describe it but I plan on going every year now honestly. Wife loved it. Turning down tickets to the Masters is insanity.

Anth, PTI, ABH, and I did the Memorial a few years ago...we had a hookup to one of those insane mansion parties (Northwestern Mutual iirc) that line each hole.

Freaking Zebras and shit walking around, free everything. Great golf, Bogey Inn at night -- was unreal. Place is set up amazing to host.

-Wow

Last edited:
I stop answering calls at 5pm on Friday, until Monday morning.

I start drinking around 2pm though so that 3 hours every Friday people are “guaranteed” everything, possibly for free, but come Monday...........

Was about 12- feet away from Jack Nicklaus when he commented to no one in particular that it was "a little windy out" and watched 40 or so people in earshot laugh hysterically like it was a Chris Rock routine. First time I have ever personally witnessed the power of a mega celebrity.

-grabbed some used rock vinyl from the new arrivals bin at cd central yesterday:

Tom petty and the heartbreakers-you're gonna get it.
Joe Walsh-there goes the neighborhood
James Gang-thirds

I love some Tom Petty deep cuts. His commercial songs have pretty much run their course thanks to CLASSIC ROCK radio, but those deep cuts hit a little different.

Speaking of, the first time I heard "Southern Accents" . . . shew boy. I wasn't expecting it to get me choked up because I'm not really much of a crier. But when I first heard the lines in that song about his mom coming to him in a dream and saying a prayer for him . . . GULP. Out of nowhere.

Anywho. . . great weather today. Maybe a top 5 all-timer.

Can't wait to hear PTI complain about being cold for the next 6 months.

Speaking of complaining, F the IRS. Been on hold for over 30 minutes trying to get an EIN issue straightened out, this is after 3 days of the automated system hanging up on me because they are too busy according to the recorded message. Finally talk to a person, and they say they can't help me and need to transfer me. Get put in a que, says estimated wait time is over 60 minutes #barf
-Yup! The IRS has sent me, my roommate and a bunch of other people down here a request for our unemployment money back. Why? Didn’t say, just said they would turn us into a collection agency if we didn’t. Ummmm, we were shutdown and unemployed, why don’t I deserve it now? Not paying you a dime. Take it out of my tax refund punks.

-Foot Doc sure was proud of his work on me today. Said it was “Perfect, I couldn’t have done any better. Just don’t mess it up now and I’m putting you on the X-ray Wall of Fame!”

Hey, I’m happy he’s happy. So just as he asked me to not mess it up, here I am doing leg day 🤫. No squats, dead’s or anything like that.

-Drive back with Mom and dog to KY tomorrow. Can’t wait to get up there but will miss the scoot and my buds for sure.

-Plan on being at the LSU game and my sweet boot.

Found Colorado overrated but think I have to be off. Everyone I’ve ever spoken to, including everyone I hung out with out there, loves it.

Reactions: roguemocha
When Gilbo was at Northern Colorado for his masters I went out to visit a few times. Denver is great, the rest of the state is even better.

Had our Uncle Joe pass away last night. Belongs along side the GYERO uncles we've lost recently. Haven't been around him much in the last decade but he was a good dude and the uncle I was closest to. Loved, and I mean loved, to drink beer. Taught me how to tie a tie, how to make the family sausage, and how to party like a beast. He was a great auto body man, painted for Richard Petty for a few years, and painted my first car. Dude was alway the life of any party and loved his family. Would give you the shirt off his back. Cheers, Uncle Joe.

Cheers to Uncle Joe, sorry Anth.

Been to Vail several times. Conferences are the best. Need to explore more.

Took the little man to Evan’s orchard today. First time there, cool vibe. Could see how little kids would worship.

Feeling positive we show up and beat the cocks. Cats 24-17.

Old Fo and the Belk Bowl Recap currently rolling down south Kook. Smooth as you like.

Wish Lynn would've started in Columbia last time we went down there.

Reactions: Kooky Kats
ADVERTISEMENT