ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
You talking about these Matt’s?

P0000017019S000000408835T1.jpg

Truth be told, as a youngster that went to Rick Pitino basketball camps, I was so disappointed Billy D wasn’t the “Pitino Guy” when Tubby was hired.

I got over it quickly, but man seeing the Pitino/Billy D interaction at those camps you just knew that guy was going to be a star!

True story on that one.

Reactions: roguemocha
Rack that OOB nonsense.

I didn’t watch the game last night because I’m not going to stay up past my bedtime to watch that garbage, but since we won I figured I’d watch the replay tonight. well I made as far as that OOB play, yelled ‘son of a bitch’ and turned it off. Can’t do it, won’t do it, no thanks

-re: brown beans(soup beans for the realz). Beans in bowl, fried egg on top, lardons (little slices of thick bacon), raw onion, parsley....and grate whatever hard cheese you have on hand on top. Incredible. You're welcome.

^hillbilly haute cuisine.

Reactions: CSC81 and grantbob
I'll stick with the pepper/onion relish and cornbread on my brown beans. Crumbled bacon or sausage are also acceptable.

-just try it, August. I would not lead you astray.
I think I’ll pass. I find most eggs disgusting, but appreciate the effort. Some things, IMO, don’t need to be “dressed up” and beans are one of them.

Grandmother grew up in Punxsutawney which led to an easy supply of information when having to do some silly essay in elementary school about someone

Joined a gym last November and got me one of those fancy “personal trainers” a few weeks ago. Last week he put me through my first HIIT workout. After it was over not only had I pulled a muscle in my back but I also nearly passed out. Light headed, tingly, pale the works. Barely made it out of bed the next day, almost 20 minutes just to stand up. Dr put me on muscle relaxers and now I’m wearing a Zio Heart Monitor patch. Getting old ain’t for sissy’s

Last edited:
Rudely woken up to a pack of coyotes at 2:30, as they were howling at the moon. So much for a healthy night’s sleep. Only the dog slept through the racket.

Woo to the Ville. Time to amp up the hate for Brohm and the Cards again.

Firm wants me to sign a no-compete contract. I reckon they’re gettin nervous… as they should. I ain’t signing that one-sided piece of shit.

Fired a guy yesterday. Not fun. Sweeping through his stuff in his desk, found DOL papers he was filing against the last place he worked at and it was the same shit apparently. Claiming unused PTO, discrimination, misuse of his skill set. The guy barely showed up and when he did, he effed up every project he was assigned. Dude was a complete phony.

My son got a few bids but accepted the one from my fraternity. Weird but good. The chapter has 130 dudes and are now kinda cool with the ladies. Far cry from my vintage. He had to clean off-campus houses the day after bid accept parties🫠. Sack up, kiddo. I’ll be down there for initiation night…. Shh, don’t tell him.

NJ guy through and through, but I ain’t eating that south jersey / Philly trash Pork Rolls or scrapple. Pass. BTW: Eff all Eagle fans.

Today is gonna be terrible.

Shorts:

- Rank these 6 fictional QBs only on the basis of leadership capabilities and moxy - who would YOU want to go to war with?

Vince Howard
Randall “Pink” Floyd
Jonathan Moxon
Joe Kane
Shane Falco
Willie Beamen

- By the way, “Remember the Titans” is cheddary shit.

- Seems weird to say but realized Jonah Hill may be one of my favorite actors. Good or bad movie, always find him enjoyable.

- Was never a Kyra Sedgwick fan but my word her daughter is gorgeous- see that new Kevin Bacon car commercial. Also really related to that commercial. I think being a girl dad fundamentally changes you emotionally. Makes you a complete sap.

- I hate a ton about MY team but the thing I hate most is when we beautifully rotate the basketball … to a guy who has zero ability to do anything with it (Wheeler, Collins, Livingston, etc.). Happens 5x a game.

- Will always remember the first times I heard “Smells Like Teen Spirit” and 2-Live Crew. Similar excited “wtf is this????” vibes.

- I like to work “Faustian” into conversation with new people so they know I’m well-read.

- RE: The Cincinnati Mayor - this is the kind of shit that happens when non-sports fans get excited about sports. Same reason I had to endure a shit ton of F’ing “Thank you, Bengals!” and “we’ll be back!” posts on social media this year. F off.

- John Mayer on tour - just him and his guitar. I would love to go but closest he’s getting is Nashville and Cleveland, I believe in March when Kentucky will be making their inevitable run toward NINE.

Shorts:

- Rank these 6 fictional QBs only on the basis of leadership capabilities and moxy - who would YOU want to go to war with?

Vince Howard
Randall “Pink” Floyd
Jonathan Moxon
Joe Kane
Shane Falco
Willie Beamen

- By the way, “Remember the Titans” is cheddary shit.

- Seems weird to say but realized Jonah Hill may be one of my favorite actors. Good or bad movie, always find him enjoyable.

- Was never a Kyra Sedgwick fan but my word her daughter is gorgeous- see that new Kevin Bacon car commercial. Also really related to that commercial. I think being a girl dad fundamentally changes you emotionally. Makes you a complete sap.

- I hate a ton about MY team but the thing I hate most is when we beautifully rotate the basketball … to a guy who has zero ability to do anything with it (Wheeler, Collins, Livingston, etc.). Happens 5x a game.

- Will always remember the first times I heard “Smells Like Teen Spirit” and 2-Live Crew. Similar excited “wtf is this????” vibes.

- I like to work “Faustian” into conversation with new people so they know I’m well-read.

- RE: The Cincinnati Mayor - this is the kind of shit that happens when non-sports fans get excited about sports. Same reason I had to endure a shit ton of F’ing “Thank you, Bengals!” and “we’ll be back!” posts on social media this year. F off.

- John Mayer on tour - just him and his guitar. I would love to go but closest he’s getting is Nashville and Cleveland, I believe in March when Kentucky will be making their inevitable run toward NINE.

Good question, wcc! After giving it some thought:

I lean Vince Howard.

I also believe Floyd would show real poise. Can’t rattle that dude.

Joe Kane is obviously an alcoholic.

Beamen’s interesting.

Reactions: Kooky Kats
I imagine Randall “Pink” Floyd was his generations Will Levis. Big arm and fearless but questionable decisions with the pigskin. I’d still go with him, I guess.

Edit: only because Uncle Rico isn’t on that list. If only the coach had put him in.

The great irony of Varsity Blues to me is when it came out the theaters were very strict about the R rating and not allowing high school kids to see it. So, rather than actually giving teenagers something innocent enough to do on a weekend like go to the movies, they were instead left to find someone's house or an empty field to actually get drunk/high and have the sex as depicted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT