ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn’t score a point in the final four minutes of the Vandy game. Some people forget that.

-l am an OG Cal doubter, and lineups Yada yada and toppin shouldn't be an offensive focal point...but CJ has to score to beat a top team...had a decent floor game/played solid D, but he's gotta hit his shots. Also it'd be nice if reeves played a little better on d.

Our two best shooters going 0-8 from three in a game like this is as frustrating as anything to me.
Yup... and playing them is still far superior to any other option.

The little 4 game win streak was justenough to get the BBN off the edge. Cal has stopped screaming on the sidelines and is doing a better job at playing reasonable lineups (although it ain't perfect), so there is improvement. Kansas is legit so there is no shame in losing to them, either.

In the words of Stringer Bell, just a 40 degree day.

Cal basically admits last night that Kansas didn’t bother to guard Livingston on the perimeter, which according to Cal, resulted in Kansas sagging down on Oscar, yet that stubborn SOB insists on running him as a 3 instead of a 4.
Didn’t you hear? He and his people don’t want him at the 4. Maybe Shaedon Sharpe left more of an imprint on the program than we thought.

Toppin started out ok but wilted in the second half, but hey - he had a strong overall floor game at Vandy!!

We didn’t play well, period. We had a million chances. At one point neither team scored for like 3 mins. It was just sloppy pass after sloppy pass. I think at one point we had like 3 turnovers out of 4 possessions. You’re just not going to win playing that sloppy. Our best players have to step up - period.

Outcoached, outplayed, rinse repeat. No shame in losing to Kansas but it's especially bitter when a game like this is one is a birthright as a UK fan. Another blueblood, Saturday at Rupp, the brightest of lights and it comes down the stretch and they are throwing haymakers and we just wilt. Kansas is so far ahead of us in coaching and in it's mental approach, last night was just another March preview.

I might have been off on my spread guess, but KU -4 would have gotten a lot more money on UK.

Cals postgame talk about Livingston/Oscar was the most honest, un-coach speak analysis I’ve ever heard from him. He shamelessly admitted he was outcoached and Kansas didn’t give AF about Livingston.

I’m happy to give Cal a really long leash for a multitude of reasons, but if we’re not Final Four caliber next season, he has to be run out of town one way or another. He’s pretty much done at this point. Humiliating.

- I'm just lost. If you told me in March of 2015 that 8 years later you'd be relying on the Cincinnati Bengals to give me sports happiness, I'd laugh at your face and give you the biggest eyeroll.

He's trolling hard at this point, right? Or just putting his index fingers in his ears and saying, "NO! I can't hear you!"

- Give me Peter Thomas or Robert Stack if I'm needing a person to voice-over a TV show.

Use those guy's voices to put me to sleep nightly.

- Are there any gas stations where you can still pull up, an attendant comes out, asks what you want, and pumps your car full of fuel? "I'll take $20 unleaded, please."

- Still the greatest gambling moment (LIVE) in my lifetime: Stumbling into the Golden Nugget around 1am PST and throwing down a $10 chip on 8 on a roulette table with an offensive linemen-type guy. He shrugs his shoulders and says, "hell, I'll do $20 on 8!"

Ten seconds later the ball lands on 8 and that dude ran around the table and picked me up like a ragdoll. Might have been the most honest hug ever.

We spent that $360 the next day doing nothing but drinking $15 buckets of beer and getting tanned by the pool in that 120-degree sun.

By the way, Fremont > The Strip BY A MILLION.

- Gets engaged WHILE playing basketball for the University of Kentucky....in GATLINGBURG. Christ.

- Not sure you'll ever persuade me to think there is/was another naturally beautiful human than Audrey Hepburn. That lady was epitome of smoke.

- Give me a sausage biscuit and hash brown from Mickie D's all/air for a Sunday "I Drank Way Too Much Last Night" breakfast.

- Looooooooong day approaching. "Tailgateing" soon. Monday workday might be even loooooooooger. Who Dey!

Pulled up to a NJ gas station in our 89 van, proceed to get out as it takes a key to unlock gas tank to show the guy how to do it.

Before I got around to passenger side, dude comes yelling at me to get back in the car. I said, “gonna have to show u how to do it.” He was completely psychotic about it, yelling for me to get back in the van.

So I did. After about 5 min of him having no clue, my wife rolls down the window and says “you need help?”

Must be a union job or something.

Self has mastered the type of team I originally thought we were getting when Cal came here:

PG
Three interchangeable wings

And then if he has a good traditional 5 man, fine. If not, he’ll just go small and kick our ass on picks-n-roll all game.

And outrebound our asses.

I’m jealous of the creativity. We’re sitting here sighing with the slightest amount of contentment when our idiot coach plays a passable modern lineup.

I’d fall over if he actually got semi-creative and played our 4 guards and Oscar. I mean, is Wallace as a 4 really a worse option than Toppin?

Of course, Fredrick would still brick every open look.

I don’t care who plays at this point honestly as long as a game plan is smart with the guys we choose to play.

The first 6-8 minutes last night shows it doesn’t HAVE to be our best lineup to play good ball.

It’s really not too much to ask that our coaches adjust intelligently, and our players play like they understand basketball.

I don’t buy into refs being an issue, but we do a lot of really stupid things that eventually take their toll on how well we can win constantly.

wcc, I didn’t overlook your comment last Monday morning about potentially looking to move pads. I’m typically just too depressed to talk (to anyone) until Wednesday afternoon, at the earliest.

I can suggest one contact/resource that may be helpful for you. Good dudes to work with. Shoot me an email or grab my digits from Chris and hit me up, and I will pass along the super extry secret info.

Reactions: wcc31
These refs can get pumped. Not the reason the Niners are losing - injuries, turnovers, etc. - but I feel like I'm watching Doug Shows on steroids. They just can't help themselves. FLAG FLAG FLAG FLAG FLAG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT