ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Nice meeting you too, CSC.

- Strongs is good shit. [thumb2] And in the neighborhood.

- Wife and I hit an Elijah Craig bourbon tasting (regular SB, pick and barrel proof) at Pompilios last year which was one of my favorite random date nights.

- 2017 had 3 guys better than any player we have this season. You’re correct about depth. jmho

- Waiting for a quote on a bathroom remodel. Yayyy.

PROTIP: waterproof your basement BEFORE you finish it

I assume it’s much easier to do it that way.

Not bad.
padma-lakshmi-bikini-body-photos-pp.jpg

- Best cities for Tinder/Bumble: Lansing, MI and Louisville.

Worst: Stamford, CT

- Picked up a bottle of Down Home during lunch. Ready to give it a try this evening.

- No wedding date, Boat. Still feeling things out.

- No more travel to NC this weekend for the conference. They're letting me do it via video. Was looking forward to the conference in my old stomping grounds of Wilmington...but was going to be a huge hassle during crunch time at work.

- As much as I would like to stay around the Bluegrass...it looks like Denver is going to be the next stop. Will be there for about a year until the 2020 elections.

Chadwick, how often do you hit Pompilios?

I haven't been in a few years, is it still just as good as always?

Might be a good drop the kids off at my Sister's in Dayton and hit up something close by date night option. I always forget about that place.

Plus, Italian food makes me think of my good buddy Anthony, which is a plus.

~Tried the Down Home thanks to Anth…..good, but expected a bigger hit to the senses. 6.5/10, especially w/ price factored in.

~For all of the excellence that Chick-fil-A has, their coffee really sucks. McD’s still has the best coffee of any restaurant, gas station, etc.

~Law and Order marathon’s the last few weeks….love Jack McCoy.

~Hard to believe my first grandchild will be 6 mo. old tomorrow. #old

~Any Ford truck fans here? Looking at the new Ranger…size and such will fit my needs perfectly over the bigger model.

~Set your DVR’s for the skins game Monday night w/ tigger.

~So is Gov. Cuomo gonna get a free pass on his slur?

Reactions: wcc31
-Louisville then Denver is a hell of a good 2 year run.

-Been along time since I made pasta but making cannoli is essentially the same process. Found a few good dry pastas locally that work just as well. Would like to try gnocchi some time.

-Believe I side with Tulsi in staying out of regional conflicts. :victory:She's also a smoke show and born 18 days prior to me, but sure, nominate that wacko Warren.

-Taking price out of it I think DH is damn good, smooth as any 120+ proof out there. I know KK would prefer it to be more in line with other labels but at his size I assume he doesn't get a ton of say.

-Meyer with CB pick for Cade to UK and Daniels with the CB pick for Askew. Feels like 2009-2014 again.

Last edited:
-as a registered indy, Gabbard would garner my consideration.

-williamson would get a look as well. I mean weve had "community organizer" and real estate developer/reality tv guy...spiritualist/crazy cat lady may be ok.

-did some phil dunn classes back in the day. Did a sushi class at wild thyme...they gave us mats/rice spoon to take home. Havent used them. Shocking.

Reactions: drxman1
Chipotle -- you could burn a hole in the sun with the glare i stare down the goofball burrito artists with when....

a> they shortchange me and barely even drop a spoonful of rice/chicken in there
b> they can't wrap it right and tear a huge hole in the tortilla

F, man. It's not that hard of a job.

I have made potato gnocchi several times. Painstaking and messy -but good.

Never tried to make homemade pasta from scratch. You can buy fresh pasta rather easily (up here) and can concentrate on the condimente. Buying good pre-made gnocchi is another matter.

I do make a bunch of family Italian dishes for Christmas and Easter.

Reactions: rudd1
Anyone here done something useful like graduate from a world renowned pizza university? Really tired of hearing about couples cooking classes or buying premade pastas.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
I absolutely have no say on retail price, and it’s my understanding none of the wholesalers do either or you wouldn’t walk into a Patel owned store and see Pappy at $1000 a bottle.

Again, I get less than half of that price you see.

That said my distributors are little pissed at me because I let them know today Batch 2 is about to be ready and all 12 year, and ALOT less so they may want to consider lowering their prices for the 5-1/2 year or it will look real bad on the shelves.

I’ll take it all back at 50% though!

6.5/10 from a known troll? Fine, but people I don’t know that rate these things are all 7.5-8.2/10 so I’m sorry you were disappointed.

- Nice to get some solid feed back on the cottage. I have my oldest signed up for some classes there and turnip the beet.

- Bowden would keep us within the spread this weekend, I’m confident in that. Assume we will see Smith back.

- Chiefs -3 after not covering for 4 weeks? Yea buddy!

*not Chadwick* but I live in the same neighborhood, it is great for semi-over-priced good Italian food a few times per year and they have a decent bourbon selection along with wines.

I would eat there.

Good to know it is still doing its thing.

It used to be a real treat for my parents to take me there when I was lil' Wildkitten Willy.

I love that Italian joint with the oysters in your neighborhood. Man, that was good.

Took Blue there last Sunday. We go there every now again. I’d prefer more but the lass just cannot eat pasta or OMG she’ll get fat in like 5 minutes.

Is what it is but I love Pompilios. Like the owner. Like the feel. Like that all the busboys and hostesses are NewCath students. Like the bourbon. Special place to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT