ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 seasons at Kentucky.

1 national championship.

3c4a541efafcf700f48d5b2af5d915d5.jpg

When tmfh and the other super fans start questioning the state of the program, you know things are bad.

Well at least he got some Seton Hall fans thrown out of the game...and Brian Boitano is taking up his skating time, lol.

Hagans doesn’t miss that free throw and the Keldon shot wins the game. Thought we were sipping Pappy 23 this summer, turns out to be Beam. It’s gonna be a long season.

Smoking a turkey today. Made a WAF mustard sauce as well. Gimme something to believe
In.

Reactions: jayroon
I don’t know if it’s the product or the fact that I’m older with a kid but this team is not appointment viewing. I’m not looking at the schedule to make future plans, I’m not staying up to watch all of a 9 PM tip, I’m not DVR’ing games, and I’m not rushing back from family events the next two saturdays to make sure I’m home for all of the game.

And it was that way 2 of the last 3 years too.

I don’t know if it’s the product or the fact that I’m older with a kid but this team is not appointment viewing. I’m not looking at the schedule to make future plans, I’m not staying up to watch all of a 9 PM tip, I’m not DVR’ing games, and I’m not rushing back from family events the next two saturdays to make sure I’m home for all of the game.

And it was that way 2 of the last 3 years too.

QFT. Only time it’s “appointment” viewing is during MM, and that’s mainly because I love the event itself. I didn’t even bother to go down for this game, just wasn’t worth it this season.

Still appointment viewing for me, which makes me all the more disgusted. I don’t know that UK basketball can ever not be appointment viewing for me. It’s like I don’t even have a choice.

Yes you do, you just havent come to the realization yet. Listen, I want us to win every game and I want to see us compete for the National Championship every year. But, as I've grown older I have a completely different set of responsibilities and unfortunately that doesn't include changing my plans around when UK is on the tube every game. Today the granddaughter, and her step-brother, came over and we decorated the Christmas tree & watched Elf. Sure as hell beat wasting 3 hours on that debacle. Say what you want about that decision but I dont regret it.

I mean, if Cal is going to die on that hill of being a traditional team with two bigs on the block and hoping to play 'inside-out', we *must* pass the ball better.

Think Killa touched on it earlier but it's a problem. This is Cal's worst passing I can ever remember. If Travis and PJ are going to be the guys, they have to read double teams. Meaning, know who you're whipping it to before that 2nd guy commits. PJ is really good at keeping his head down and not surveying and Travis, for all his experience, is not a willing passer and has not shown the maturity or the faith in his teammates to 'give it up and get it back' with re-established position.

They can't shoot (looking at you, Boy Wonder) but you'd have to imagine the percentages will improve if we could move the ball with an endgame in mind and make them guard. Too often it just seems they pass just to pass or some shit.

Basically, it's all effing related and it starts at the top. It kinda goes without saying but I'll say it anyway. If you don't develop a rotation you don't have continuity. If you don't have continuity, you can't find your role. If you don't know your role, you cannot play with purpose. These kids won't ever GET IT if they're being jerked around with erratic sub patterns and maniacal behavior.

I mean, if this plodding ass offensive system is who we are... let's at least be a good version of it. Side to side and use some more of that curl action. Keldon and Herro can do some damage with the catch at thte elbow. Those down screens can be effective because the D has to respect Travis and PJ.

[sick]

Long rant and prolly should have spaced this shit out over a couple of posts but I don't really want to read anymore tonight. I'm trying to look for something. Anything.

#bourbon

Last edited:
I’m not sure how but from social media it looks like the Snoop Dogg concert is whiter than the Alabama concert last night.

As it turns out, this one-and-done thing seems to only go well when you have the best of the best... or at least hang on to enough experienced players to combine with those OAD guys. They're chasing their dreams and none of them 'dream' of winning an NCAA title. That's unfortunate and part of the reason that interest is waning. The system has exploited some kids over the years, so it's hard to be upset when the tables are turned.

I'm sure we don't just roll the ball out there but, when we don't have elite talent all over the floor, we play very much like a team that just rolls the ball out there.

That said, we are playing with our best three-point shooter redshirting, so I'm not sure what we expected. I do wish we had been able to retain some of the players from the Bahamas team, though. Some of those guys looked really good!

This team has about 3-4 weeks to start showing improvement or somewhere Ryan Harrow will be watching a lot of grief being taken off his shoulders.
I can give ‘13 a sorta pass since we won it all in ‘12 and Nerlens got hurt.
But this bag of Pygmy dicks team isn’t gonna get a pass at all!! Not sure what’s happened since the Bahama’s but get shit right or go down as an unforgettable bag of Pygmy dicks.

Reactions: Mashburned
Somebody stated this above but Calipari griping about Nick Richards failing to set a screen on the last play really sticks in my craw.

Other than a handful of good games in the Bahamas (which have proven to be fool's gold for everyone), Nick Richards has never done anything to give anyone any reason to believe that he can successfully play smart basketball during crunch time.

Cal put him in the game. Spare me throwing Richards under the bus. It isn't his fault.

Reactions: august-west

Well I feel better...

What's sad is every single normal person knew there were staff issues that needed to be addessed... And yet he ran it back. Awful.

Thought he was going to hire Penny but that fell through obviously. Are there some slam dunk hires available? Who knows, either way all the negativity is exhausting, makes this message board way less fun to read, and has pretty much worn me out. Haven’t even checked the basketball forum in a couple weeks.

Maybe it’ll start being fun again soon, but every person bitching (not necessarily ITT) gets old.

Orlando Radhames Antigua Fernández (born February 20, 1973), nicknamed "Hurricane", is a former Dominican-American basketball player and is currently an assistant coach at the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign under Brad Underwood. He is widely known as becoming the first Hispanic[1] and the first non-black to play for the Harlem Globetrotters in 52 years[2] when he signed in 1995. Raised in the Bronx, Antigua overcame various obstacles early in his life, among them having to live with a bullet lodged in his head for many years,

Went from that to an analytics geek, and its pretty obvious from how Cal runs his offense he gives no shits about analytics.

Speaking of things that have changed, I'm never going to get excited about a team until I see some December basketball from them ever again. Hype is overrated. We'd all be having a lot more fun right now if we just assumed every team every year was a fundamental mess of immaturity, bad half court basketball, and ridiculous coaching decisions that may or may not have a March run in them.

Looks like UT is going to take down Gonzaga.

So we’ve got them twice, KU, UNC, at UofL, auburn twice, go to Starkville, and the usual shithole road SEC games we’ll without a doubt stub our toe in.

What the f*ck is the point of winter if I don’t even have enjoyable basketball to watch? Jesus, we need to get shit right.

Looks like UT is going to take down Gonzaga.

So we’ve got them twice, KU, UNC, at UofL, auburn twice, go to Starkville, and the usual shithole road SEC games we’ll without a doubt stub our toe in.

What the f*ck is the point of winter if I don’t even have enjoyable basketball to watch? Jesus, we need to get shit right.

Early Derby picks?

Came home this afternoon to a damn coyote chilling in my back yard, that is surrounded by a 6 ft privacy fence and no open gates.

Apparently South Lexington is the wild wilderness now.

Reactions: WayneDougan
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT