ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

I’m not sure how but from social media it looks like the Snoop Dogg concert is whiter than the Alabama concert last night.

True Statement. I hollered at a couple of my African American buddies to see if they were going and to invite them to pre party with us before the show. None of them were going to the show but one in particular said he wanted to go, but he would have felt uncomfortable being stuck between that large of a group of white people in a confined area. :joy::joy:

-The show was banging. My first real rap concert Ive ever been too, but 100% awesome. The early 50 year old banker's wives dressed to the 9s, white girl dancing through the whole show did kind of take away from the authenticity of it though. Im sure they struggle every first of da month. :rolleyes:

-Vegas Bombs. Ive always been a Jager Bomb guy but VegasBombs...... holy ISH. Those things took me to the moon with a quickness.

-I'm glad our team is slightly better at free throws as compared to other Cal teams but I would trade that for even a marginal 3 point defense.

-With that said, not sure I remember a time I feel lest connected with a UK Basketball team as this years team. Just kind of in a "whatever" mood every time they take the court. Hoping that changes after the Bowl game, but more worried about Football Recruiting than what's happening on the basketball court. Normally after a loss like Saturdays I would have been in a shitty mood and been pissed all night. Now, I just change the channel and go on without a worry in the world.

-Another weekend, another Josh Allen award. So happy for that kid. Such a good face for the University, so humble, so deserving.

-Come on signing day! Let's hurry up and get these boys signed so they quit visiting other schools.

-Fallin' back on that ass with a hellified gangsta' lean. Gettin' funky on the mic like a' old batch o' collard greens.

Like that Huber decided he would call all of his black friends and asked them if they were going to the rap concert

:joy:

In my defense, I also called all of my cracker buddies from that era too.

Look, in no way should a fan ever take to berating Coach Calipari’s family online to take out their frustrations. If you do that, you’re a loser. BUT HAVING SAID THAT I am a little bit over their whole act on social media. We get it guys. Some of our fans are heckling you. That sucks. But let’s not act like you’ve grown up in Syria and the Russians are gassing your daycares, ok? Someone was mean online. You’ve grown up with a far more lavish lifestyle than 95% of the population simply because your dad could convince high school boys to play shootyball for him. I’m sorry Brendan from Winchester sent you a tweet that said your dad is fat. But maybe we just put our big boy pants on and get over it without making a giant show about it? Thanks

You’ve grown up with a far more lavish lifestyle than 95% of the population

Try 99.999% - plus none of his kids will ever have to worry about being financially secure. This is like a movie star complaining about the paparazzi; it’s a cost of doing business. Set your twitter profile to private if you don’t like it.

Win or GTFO, you knew the deal before you signed on. I don't condone twitter hassling of families, but you're never going to get rid of that in any high profile job. It comes with the territory and you deal with it and move on. No one here is in the mood to listen to them whine about it. Everyone has their own problems, and rest assured, most people's are far more dire than "some stranger was a meanie to me on the internet".

You get sucked off 95% of the time. You're going to get shit on the other 5%. Welcome to 2018.

STFU Cutler.
Man, I go home for lunch, nice and quiet house...fix myself a sammich and turn on the KSR podcast - like it or not MJ has become a goto listen especially following bad loses - and Alan Cutler immediately starts screaming at me through my phone.

Reactions: anthonys735
Cotdamn Culter is still screaming at me! I don’t even know how to @ anyone.

Guess I just have to sit here and take it, thanks Matt.

K is still riding the wave he was on with capel. It’ll taper off some eventually but he’s got a lot of equity built up doing the actual Olympic team, as opposed to whatever the hell cal did with that cute little team he had.

* Recruiting has dropped off from Wall, Cuz, Davis, Towns, etc., but we still have a team full of McD All Americans, Five Stars and Mr. Basketballs. Games against Seton Hall should not be close.

Hey Cal, get away from "This isn't for everyone" and "I can't hide you" and get back to "Refuse to Lose."

Coach these kids like they are your old UMass teams. I want to see some fire and some GD improvement from the players who come back.

* It doesn't matter how much money their Dad makes or how bad a college basketball team's loss hurts your feelings... if you are an adult tweeting at a coach's family or at players or their families you are a touching loser and an asshole. End of story.

* Why was that elbow to the throat of PJ Washington in the waning seconds of regulation not 2 shots and the ball? Intentional or not, I thought that was automatic. Obviously, I was wrong.

* I get mad when Quade is on the floor right now.

* I don't care how "ugly/crafty white guy at the YMCA" his game is, Reid Travis produces when he is out there. And he gives a shit. I want him on the floor.

* The Bahamas trip was a touching illusion. I honestly thought we were going to smash Duke and roll thru the season with 3-4 losses max. That's why this season has been such a kick in the balls so far for me.

* We've seen Cal's team get their shit together and make a run before. You'd be stupid to count them out this early in the season, but man... they better start practicing the tweak now.

* I'm backing out of the Chicago trip and buying a new 80" TV instead. Wise choice, IMO.

* Josh Allen. Suck it UKO.

Willy's right...those UMass team's Cal had were NASTY. Travieso and Padilla?? :eek: Would take your lunch money and then spend it in front of you. We need to get back to that.

full.jpg

With that said, it helps to have top talent, and Marcus Camby, Derrick Rose, John Wall and Anthony Davis certainly helped Cal's position.

Cal was absolutely ruthless back then. Street fighter from Pittsburg that would murder anyone trying to get in his way. He relished being the underdog. Us against the world.

I still think it’s more about his archaic approach to offense and how we’re not getting the ultra elite top 5 players than a lack of drive. We’ve seen how successful we can be with the one and one model but our elite level years (10,12,15) include the ultra elite OAD talent (Wall, Cousins, AD, MKG, KAT) combined with really good experienced talent. In football recruiting there’s maybe not a huge gap between top 10 to top 50 but in basketball more often than not there’s a big difference btw top 1-10 and 10-30. Especially top 5 compared to the field. Keldon Johnson is the closest and only player we have on this roster even to be considered an elite level talent.

Justus has no business whatsoever being an assistant coach at the all time winningest program. None. Go cut your teeth elsewhere. This job doesn’t come with training wheels. Barbee is a dead weight retread.

Also, the way the game is being played in the NBA with a premium on spacing and shooting with one in and four out is tricking down to the college game. We are -96 so far this year in 3 point differential. That’s why some of these shitty teams have competed with us and why we lose to a mediocre Seton Hall. Cal doesn’t emphasize the 3 point shot enough/we shoot it piss poor and our driving lanes are all clogged up bc the defense doesn’t respect our outside shooting. I also believe that some of poor shooting has to do with Cal micromanaging and screaming non stop during every possession. You can’t play ball while constantly looking over your shoulder.

In other words... FIX THIS SHIT I HAVE NO TIME FOR LETTING A CAKE BAKE THIS WINTER AND THE DAMN DIARRHEA STAIN IN MY LIVING ROOM IS ONLY GETTING WORSE.

-LV seems more like a parody account than most parody accounts. But he's real. And real cringy.

-I don't think there's a UK team in my lifetime that I have misdiagnosed as badly as this one. That seems to be the consensus among everyone I talk to. My expectations were right there with Willy's.

-One of my favorite Wetzel columns was when he recommended that UK hire Cal (the FIRST time). I remember him describing Cal as a guy who carries a knife and is not afraid to use it.

Haven't seen that knife in several years. May need to take it to the whet stone. Get that chip back on your shoulder, dammit.

He is a ferocious recruiter, master motivator and intense practice coach; his teams play with both passion and flair. His kids will run through walls for him. He’s just the extrovert that would lap up the spotlight of the Big Blue Nation, who would embrace the immense expectations of the Commonwealth and boldly proclaim that Kentucky is back and not backing down.

He won’t get the establishment vote because he’s never been one of the chosen ones, the golden boys of the sport. Just as they tried to keep him from getting that first job, the whisper campaign will try to keep him down again.

Cal plays tough, so he can’t complain when people play tough back at him. He’s no angel, no victim here. In a cut throat business, he's gotten himself into some jams. He owns a knife too.

Last edited:
Yes, the UK job is stressful, takes years off of your life, is worse than Hitler, etc., BUT it's also not that hard to ride a title for a while and get fat and happy if you're not careful.

He is a ferocious recruiter, master motivator and intense practice coach; his teams play with both passion and flair. His kids will run through walls for him. He’s just the extrovert that would lap up the spotlight of the Big Blue Nation, who would embrace the immense expectations of the Commonwealth and boldly proclaim that Kentucky is back and not backing down.

He won’t get the establishment vote because he’s never been one of the chosen ones, the golden boys of the sport. Just as they tried to keep him from getting that first job, the whisper campaign will try to keep him down again.

Cal plays tough, so he can’t complain when people play tough back at him. He’s no angel, no victim here. In a cut throat business, he's gotten himself into some jams. He owns a knife too.

DW--4w8UQAUcHv6.jpg

Well if UK is not for everyone and Cal can't hide you, it is about time he starts telling that to the dead weight assistants. It should not be just players.

Reactions: wildcat1973
No it's not funny. The Cosmic Crane took my money - $65 of it. And it's rigged. I should have had 6 teddy bears but the damn things would magically drop right before I made it to the chute. Tried to stick my arm up in there but it got stuck and my daughter had to help me. I left and called the BBB on them.

ADVERTISEMENT