ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mildly entertaining all the posts across social media about traffic being bad during a presidential visit. What did people expect?

When Trump came here the whole town was basically shut down. Couldn’t go parasailing because of your “elevated view”, boats couldn’t leave certain marinas, the one bridge in and out of town was closed, airport stopped flights for a few hours, main road between the military base and the event was shut down, etc.

Where was this at exactly, not sure where you are living these days? It may be my fault, i could have overlooked since your last post? My apologies.

Anyone who was at any way surprised with that last minute needs to learn sports. At no time did I believe they were gonna win.

/catching up

I want Brad C. to play often and 'well'... in the same sense that I wanted this guy to play. It meant that we were up big, the game was in hand and I want him to pretty much only take shots that he'll make. Tough to top 100% career 3pt%.

Rooted hard for LSU today, not only because of the benefit to us, but also because (a) I like LSU and their Cajunmarblemouth coach and (b) UGA fans act like they have 10x as many titles as they actually do;

THAT BEING SAID, the effect on UK fans was easily predictable and people need to pump the breaks [sic] and ease up on the Kool-Aid just yet.

Talk ABOUT THINGS THAT HAPPENED, don't yak speculation and meaningless BS before they do. Especially when it comes to UK football. We have never done well counting chickens.*

*(I realize that is adverse to the interests of KSR, KSBar and those who go shirtless and talk shit for a living, but just my $.02).

Here is a little secret....if you want to be entertaining (and actually do a show that people want to listen to), you have to engage in speculation (or meaningless BS as you like to say)....because there is much more time leading up to a game than following. After the Monday after a FB game, people don’t want to talk about what has happened, they want to talk about what will happen.

As one longtime national broadcaster told me when I asked him career advice, “the Money is in what happens next.”

Now as for the point of “we could lose so don’t look ahead”, that is great advice for the players and coaches. For me, this may be the only year ever we get to have such “look what could happen” conversations. I will save the realism for the rest of my life.

4/5 on NFL today, and laying it all on the pats.

It’s only a problem if you lose, right?

55 and rain Saturday. Feels like a great night to set up shop at the purple lot.

10 year anniversary of the epic 08 Vandy game tailgate

Everyone huddle inside the tent, cue up the Asia on the stereo, and Willy bring the Black Haus....

But UKO, stay at home. No one wants you there this year.

So what is the appropriate shoe for a tuxedo? Patent leather too basic?

Black cap toe? Dancing pumps?

Never mad at a rainy Monday, and the rest of this week's forecast is [cheers]

giphy.gif

-opera pumps(patent) or albert slippers(velvet). Patent oxfords are fine...but boring.

-if you want to have something more versatile...get a plain toe balmoral and polish the shit out of it. No to cap toe or brogue.

Reactions: drxman1
Fall gets an automatic bump in ratings bc you can turn off the AC that has been running non-stop for 6 months, and also you can leave chapstick in the car without it melting.

Took the dog out saturday to do about 4 miles of field training work, just trying to see if he is still able to go hunting for a full day. He reacted pretty well until the very end and he wasnt able to get back into the car on his own. Did a shorter hike with him yesterday and he seemed fine. I think I can still get one more partial season of disoriented quail hunting out of him- but this is probably it.

LSU students doing their own improvised version of Neck really knocked Bama bringing back Dixieland Delight back a peg. Its almost surreal when you flip the game on and can hear "S THAT TIGER D B" as clear as day.
BhFxLNI.gif

UKFB - 3-1 w/ lots of winnable games in front of them
UKBB - About to ramp up and we're set to murk some fools

Deer lowered, Fall indeed. What a time to be alive.

giphy.gif

Spent some time researching why Neck and Dixieland Delight were no longer being played. Students ruin everything.

-False, students are awesome and it's a damn shame they're not allowed to have fun any longer.

-Annoying? I think she's awesome but I'm biased as a LSU fan. T-I-G-E-R-S... Tigers... Bitch!!

-I'd like to hear Richie impersonate Mitch after hearing the UK Band playing Neck. His head would probably just explode.

-The sun is short lived these days but chili last night hit the spot and helped me cope.

-I LOVE the "Mo Bamba" Old Row(barstool, 5th year) videos right now. Song is so awful it's really great.

-We better just bully ball the f*ck out of Duke.

-Sounds like a really solid NYC crew this year.

-Pumpkin Patch was a bit slow to start but Devine's out in Harrodsburg seems like a kid's dream. We had to literally drag G off the massive bouncy jump thing. Hilarious.

-G loved Madness so it made it bearable but it's otherwise AWFUL. The recruits sat across the court from us and looked to be having a blast. Maxey and Whitney we're on Carey's hip the whole night. They seemed close.

-That traffic on Saturday was f*cking insane and we made the brilliant decision to be coming from the BG right as Keeneland was letting out and the POTUS was landing. I think several people just gave up.

-Big, Big weekend on tap. Let's f*cking go.

Reactions: rudd1
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT