ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Speaking of Bron, is he really aging? Amazing how used to his excellence everyone has become...he's still doing all the exact things he was doing 10 years ago, arguably better, and playing the same amount of minutes carrying around a bunch of bums. It can't/won't go on forever, but it sure seems like it is.
Read somewhere that he spends over a million a year just on "self-care."

Reactions: roguemocha
So, what vacuum insulated, overpriced drinking thermos is everyone switching to, now that those gd liberal, hippie, pillow biting, sassy ass queers over at Yeti decided to destroy the outdoor recreational dreams of millions of young kids all across the world and disgrace the NRA?

We doing Rtic now? Pelican?

Tuscaloosa seems pretty shaken

Pelican offering a free tumbler and a $10 donation to the NRA with each cooler purchase now [laughing]. The cooler wars are going to be huge this summer as companies are pining for the right to have girls sit on their coolers and have their pics taken.

Last edited:
What pisses me off about PJ Washington going pro (if he does) is how much he is leaving on the table. Next year should be a HUGE breakout year for him. This isn't like Isaac Humphries admitting he doesn't have NBA talent and moving back home to be a solid journeyman in Europe or Australia. This isn't Daniel Orton cashing in for a couple years on the ignorance of NBA GMs.

PJ will be a huge asset to a great team next year, and seriously help his draft stock. Just a stupid, stupid decision.

Apparently YETI didn’t even boycott the NRA or anything but hey if it means I can get a steep discount on something I don’t need, let’s roll with it

No, it appears they are just doing damage control. What a terrible business decision. It would be like Lee's fried chicken coming out and saying blacks aren't welcome in their restaurants. Stupid.

Reactions: Mashburned
A few weeks ago, YETI® notified the NRA Foundation, as well as a number of other organizations, that we were eliminating a group of outdated discounting programs. When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations of this change, YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation. These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the NRA-ILA distributed on April 20.

Further, the NRA-ILA stated in that same public communication that “[YETI has] declined to continue helping America’s young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities.” Nothing is further from the truth. YETI was founded more than 10 years ago with a passion for the outdoors, and over the course of our history we have actively and enthusiastically supported hunters, anglers and the broader outdoor community. We have been devoted to and will continue to directly support causes tied to our passion for the outdoors, including by working with many organizations that promote conservation and management of wildlife resources and habitat restoration. From our website to our film footage and from our social media posts to our ambassadors, YETI has always prominently featured hunters pursuing their passions. Moreover, YETI is unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment.

OUTRAGEOUS.

But hey, if this means YETI is now an exclusively gay liberal product, I'll take it. RTIC blows. Enjoy.

Reactions: warrior_SW
Not sure anything will ever compare to Chick Fil-A restaurants being completely jam packed the day after Truett Cathy said he hates gays, or whatever.

I mean, nothing screams religious freedom and social activism like mowing down a chicken biscuit and some tater tots.

Reactions: Kooky Kats
Nope. Time to put the confederate flags up and remind everyone of a little 304-227 and a TFP with sprinkles, Max.
COUNTERPOINT: As part of my #smug #life#style I’m pretty heavily invested in the YETI ecosystem, with 2 ramblers and 1 colster, not to mention my family’s assorted YETI ice water keeping cold for a long time products. So does that mean I have to be a liberal hippy now in addition to smug?

These are confusing times to be sure. It really is like a jungle sometimes it makes me wonder how I keep from going under.

Yeti can deny all they want, but the timing aligned to all the other company's movement away from the NRA. If I'm a shareholder (although I think they're private) I would have preferred they adjust the policy in a couple months, when everything sort of quieted down a little.

Reactions: UKRob 73
Louisville Man:
We’ve all heard it before, what it means to be a “Louisville Man” or a “Louisville Woman”.

It’s a source of pride. A “Louisville Man” does the right thing. He’s honest. He does what he needs to do. He loves his family, he takes pride in his work, he attempts to make himself better EVERY DAY. A “Louisville Man” has integrity, he displays his ethics, he is honorable. A “Louisville Man” is not perfect, but he strives to be.

Also being a “Louisville Man” means that when you mess up, you pay up. Louisville’s fan base is not “Win At All Costs”. In fact, we are a quite patient as a group….another quality of a “Louisville Man” we don’t live in a microwave society.

As a c/o 2004 University of Louisville College of Business graduate I take a great amount of pride in my school. Like many of you, I’ve spent a great deal of time, effort, and energy following Cardinal Athletics and supporting the school’s efforts to become one of the nation’s preeminent universities…..and as an alumnus we don’t deserve this. But sometimes bad things happen, people make bad decisions, people we love sometimes disappoint us. But we aren’t “Louisville Men” without forgiveness and the ability to evolve & learn. We’ve been here since 1798 and god-willing we’ll be here another 217 years…..better than ever.

This is our school…….but people work here. The University of Louisville’s leadership is chosen by us and we’ve selected the best. James Ramsey & Tom Jurich. Neither are Cardinals by birthright or diploma but they’ve built the foundation of success that the Louisville Alumni and community at large have enjoyed at Louisville over the past 13-18 years. They are “Louisville Men” now as they ever were.

Rick Pitino coined the term “One Day Contract” with an emphasis on making every day count….even bad days. It’s important to remain steadfast, together, and with eyes forward on how to make things better. Because that is what a “Louisville Man” does. A “Louisville Man” does not turn his back on other “Louisville Men” in hardship, but there are certainly times when someone can lose the honor of distinction…….but until that time, we remain together. Who better than to lead Louisville now than Rick Pitino? A man who knows precisely how to rise from the ashes burned either by his own hand or by the hand of others…….. “A Louisville Man”.

As for the piling on. This is a tough time for UofL. News outlets, radio shows, magazines, bloggers, and rival fans will take full opportunity to use this time to take their shots…..justified or for sport. It’s important as “Louisville Men” to not reduce ourselves to the lowest common denominator or to become reactionary in a microwave, headline-driven society.

The University of Louisville has come through a great many of challenges and the principles remain the same. As ever Louisville Men pay their debts, take their medicine and move forward with honesty, pride and character.

Louisville Athletics, We’re Focused on Ourselves and “We’re Still Miles Ahead.”

Louisville First, Cards Forever.

We’ve all heard it before, what it means to be a “Louisville Man” or a “Louisville Woman”.

It’s a source of pride. A “Louisville Man” does the right thing. He’s honest. He does what he needs to do. He loves his family, he takes pride in his work, he attempts to make himself better EVERY DAY. A “Louisville Man” has integrity, he displays his ethics, he is honorable. A “Louisville Man” is not perfect, but he strives to be.

Also being a “Louisville Man” means that when you mess up, you pay up. Louisville’s fan base is not “Win At All Costs”. In fact, we are a quite patient as a group….another quality of a “Louisville Man” we don’t live in a microwave society.

As a c/o 2004 University of Louisville College of Business graduate I take a great amount of pride in my school. Like many of you, I’ve spent a great deal of time, effort, and energy following Cardinal Athletics and supporting the school’s efforts to become one of the nation’s preeminent universities…..and as an alumnus we don’t deserve this. But sometimes bad things happen, people make bad decisions, people we love sometimes disappoint us. But we aren’t “Louisville Men” without forgiveness and the ability to evolve & learn. We’ve been here since 1798 and god-willing we’ll be here another 217 years…..better than ever.

This is our school…….but people work here. The University of Louisville’s leadership is chosen by us and we’ve selected the best. James Ramsey & Tom Jurich. Neither are Cardinals by birthright or diploma but they’ve built the foundation of success that the Louisville Alumni and community at large have enjoyed at Louisville over the past 13-18 years. They are “Louisville Men” now as they ever were.

Rick Pitino coined the term “One Day Contract” with an emphasis on making every day count….even bad days. It’s important to remain steadfast, together, and with eyes forward on how to make things better. Because that is what a “Louisville Man” does. A “Louisville Man” does not turn his back on other “Louisville Men” in hardship, but there are certainly times when someone can lose the honor of distinction…….but until that time, we remain together. Who better than to lead Louisville now than Rick Pitino? A man who knows precisely how to rise from the ashes burned either by his own hand or by the hand of others…….. “A Louisville Man”.

As for the piling on. This is a tough time for UofL. News outlets, radio shows, magazines, bloggers, and rival fans will take full opportunity to use this time to take their shots…..justified or for sport. It’s important as “Louisville Men” to not reduce ourselves to the lowest common denominator or to become reactionary in a microwave, headline-driven society.

The University of Louisville has come through a great many of challenges and the principles remain the same. As ever Louisville Men pay their debts, take their medicine and move forward with honesty, pride and character.

Louisville Athletics, We’re Focused on Ourselves and “We’re Still Miles Ahead.”

Louisville First, Cards Forever.
I’ll let you all know when this gets old.

ADVERTISEMENT