ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really the only thing keeping us going here in the tri-state area is the dream of major league soccer.

I’m amused and annoyed by the Reds fans who think a new manager will make a effing difference. Moreso by the ones who want to bring in Barry Larkin so they’ll eventually have to fire Barry Larkin.

Reactions: ukalum01
UKO sent me an email earlier this year asking to rank: Davis, Cousins, Towns, Giannis, Porzingis, Embiid.

It's actually a good question, as I can see arguments 2-6 for just about any of them, and Jokic probably deserves mention as well. However, he ranked Davis 6th (last), and here is a copy/paste of his reasoning:

Davis isn't in that group "now"....a year ago, yes, but not now. Has leveled out, maybe because of Cuz, but hasn't dominated as some expected. Consistent, but not taking the next step as everyone else has in that group. They have passed him. Your bias is showing as expected.

[laughing]

...just in case you were on the fence about him or his basketball acumen.

Last edited:
Yeah, let's hire a Red's hero so we eventually end up hating all of them.

Good luck with you other Cincy franchise that you anticipate not being a giant gaping shithole... because guess what? It's coming. Every sport team in that town is one.

Well, Davis=Henson so he has a point.

65c73e024e58f82abe70f70a9edc6587--uk-basketball-kentucky-basketball.jpg

/sprinkles, bitch

Yeah, let's hire a Red's hero so we eventually end up hating all of them.

Good luck with you other Cincy franchise that you anticipate not being a giant gaping shithole... because guess what? It's coming. Every sport team in that town is one.

The Reds are terrible. But what happens to the players that aren't even good enough to play for them?

They get shipped off to Louisville.

Home of a bunch of minor league pissants with inferiority complexes.

Louisville, we put on a helluva horserace once a year and can make a good Chicago or NY-style pizza sometimes.

Bunch of weak minded panty waists... no wonder it was so easy for Jurich to take over that town.

The Reds are terrible. But what happens to the players that aren't even good enough to play for them?

They get shipped off to Louisville.

Home of a bunch of minor league pissants with inferiority complexes.

Louisville, we put on a helluva horserace once a year and can make a good Chicago or NY-style pizza sometimes.

Bunch of weak minded panty waists... no wonder it was so easy for Jurich to take over that town.
Stick to your Cincy Chili style manhattans and shitty everything else.

UKO sent me an email earlier this year asking to rank: Davis, Cousins, Towns, Giannis, Porzingis, Embiid.

It's actually a good question, as I can see arguments 2-6 for just about any of them, and Jokic probably deserves mention as well. However, he ranked Davis 6th (last), and here is a copy/paste of his reasoning:

Davis isn't in that group "now"....a year ago, yes, but not now. Has leveled out, maybe because of Cuz, but hasn't dominated as some expected. Consistent, but not taking the next step as everyone else has in that group. They have passed him. Your bias is showing as expected.

[laughing]

...just in case you were on the fence about him or his basketball acumen.

UKO is just a terrible person, who's only purpose is to annoy, much like a mosquito that benefits no one or thing. What a miserable existence he is, really.

Reactions: Col. Angus
The worst part, the absolute worst awful part, of those Cincinnati chili Manhattans? They’re probably delicious.

-Kid has another track meet tonight. She typically runs the first event and final event, with another event or two in between. Which means we're usually there an average of 4.5 hours. o_O

-Those "Days that Changed America" specials on History Channel are so good. I've caught the Challenger and Boston Marathon episodes, with the OKC bombing episode coming up. A lady who lost her leg in the Marathon bombing ended up marrying the firefighter who first tended to her in the aftermath. Crazy stories from survivors and cops. Had completely forgotten that the older brother bomber ended up dying because his younger brother ran over him in an SUV in a getaway attempt.

-Jim Riggleman is EXACTLY the juice the Reds need right now. The guy has 12 years of managerial experience and an overall winning percentage of .445(I realize managers don't have a whole lot of impact on wins/losses, but still). And in those 12 seasons, his teams made the playoffs once, and got swept in that appearance. And yes, I know he's not going to be the long-term hire, but still....were things going to be THAT much worse the rest of the season with Price in charge?

-Assumed Pitino was just biding his time until Mullin eventually got fired at St. John's. But as bad as Mullin has been, they are getting some players, and should have a few holdovers from the team that beat Duke, Villanova, and Butler last season. Mullin will probably still get fired eventually, because like Pat Ewing, it's evident that the assistant coaches are doing the heavy in-game lifting, but it may take too long for Rick's liking.

-Our household has made the switch from Frank's to Texas Pete. The situation is still developing, but it's really turned things upside-down.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
Started Wild Wild Country because of the GYEROtalk. Not disappointing so far.

Had no touching clue that Netflix has offline downloads. Turns out this news is over a year old, but a game changer nonetheless. Better ways to be unproductive at work was the last thing I needed.

Frank's is good for one thing ---> buffalo wings/dishes. Texas Pete is great for soups/chili, although I prefer classic Tabasco in those applications.

-Tapatio > Cholula

-If you're looking to add to your arsenal, I highly recommend Piri Piri, which is a Portuguese hat sass. Great on chicken, fish, and really anything. Best combo of flavor/heat/texture of any, imho...although all are not created equal.

Worship Mazi, pricey but worth it:

s305951381576407317_p203_i1_w640.jpeg

--Jim Riggleman is EXACTLY the juice the Reds need right now. The guy has 12 years of managerial experience and an overall winning percentage of .445(I realize managers don't have a whole lot of impact on wins/losses, but still). And in those 12 seasons, his teams made the playoffs once, and got swept in that appearance. And yes, I know he's not going to be the long-term hire, but still....were things going to be THAT much worse the rest of the season with Price in charge?

3-15. They had to fire Price.

3-15. Yes, things were that much worse with Price in charge.

Riggleman is just a placeholder, but he does have experience. Even more importantly, I believe, was the changing of the pitching coach. Lots of supposedly talented young arms that were regressing instead of improving. That was also supposed to be Price's specialty.

I'm with Maxxxxx and Anth, tho. I love Barry Larkin and I don't want him to be put in charge of something he can't fix. Yet.

They are going to have to do anything they can to put a few butts in the seats, tho. I'm already turning down freebies.

Llama, is little Llama running the 100 and mile relay? Good luck to her!

-We tried piri piri a few weeks back, but as a marinade for chicken. It was marginal. Haven't tried it yet directly on anything, maybe that's the trick.

-Little Llama typically runs the 4x800(typically the first event), and the 4x400(typically the last event), with the 800 and mile mixed in between. Just makes for a really long night, especially with school/work the next day.

-Speaking of Little Llama, when we drove through Columbia, SC a couple of weeks back en route to the beach, she looked up long enough from her phone to yell "HEY, that shopping center over there! That's from Live PD!". Proud moment for Dad.

Cincy food hasn't been the same since La Maisonette shut down. Pretty much a one trick pony with Ruby's. I guess you could include Skyline in there as well. And goetta...lol.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
^ Not much different than having a job interview with a landing spot to come back to.

Provides feedback in order to get you ready for when the time is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT