ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything Brad does, except keep Cal in the big chair, drives me nuts.

I'm just going to pretend I don't know about the scholarship stuff, now on with the chlorophyll!

Well my positive take away is that I didn't come away from watching this thinking good lord we suck ass at shooting.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheShowKiller
I’m not comparing their games but Knox reminds me of a Durant or Ingram out on the perimeter in how big he looks, like a giant guard.

Green’s shot is $$$. Love that compact stroke.

Richards is a better shotblocker/alterer than I expected.

Knox is like a poor-man's young Kevin Durant.

Richards is another WCS - loads of defensive potential, very raw on offense.

Washington doesn't wow you in any skill or with incredible length or athleticism, but he can play. He'll be a solid player who sees lots of court time.

Gabriel played with tons of effort but looked a little out of control at times. Hit some threes.

Green's shot looks decent.

Gilgeous-Alexander is raw but with loads of potential.

Surprised Diallo didn't look a step ahead of some others based on having a six month head start over the other freshmen.

Rob, you should speak to a lawyer if you want that corporate name back. The company always owns the name. The Secretary of State is just a registration system. That doesn’t determine shit as far as ownership is concerned.

Reactions: UKRob 73
My initial take: there are a lot of bad haircuts on this team.

Also, whatever the hell Calipari was wearing was hilarious. I mean, why not? Surprised he didn't just come out in shorts and an EARNED NOT GIVEN t-shirt.

-PJ is super smooth.

-It looks like Diallo has bad hands and no touch. When he bricks it's coming off fast. I just want him to posterize someone like Monk was supposed to.

-greens shot is such a line drive but it seems like he shot the ball decent

-SKJ still looked like a puss

Reactions: Mashburned
Still believe there is a significant chance that Shai* starts over Green at some point.

* There needs to be a consensus on what to call that kid, like MKG or SKJ. Gilgeous-Alexander doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

I still have no clue about how good or bad we will be...strange feeling as a life long UK basketball, even in the Cal era.

We will be shockingly good after some early hiccups.

Methinks Calipari likes his team way more than he is letting on. There is a ton of talent here and once the rotation gets squared away, we are going to not just murk but mindf*** some teams with the interchangable combos and crazy defense.

Knee jerk reactions:

Maybe it's just me but Knox reminds me of Rudy Gay. Long AF in person. He's *at least* 6'9, IMO. A definitive pro. Perfect NBA 3.

Shai is super smooth. Dude never seems to be in a hurry, loves to use the baseline. He's sneaky good. Can't see Cal keeping him off the floor.

SKJ doesn't look ready to make that *leap*, unfortunately. This is especially concerning because Richards is RAWWWWW AF. Rim running, catching lobs, cleaning the glass and swatting shit weakside ---> that's it. He doesn't need to be asked to do anything else at this point. Need a big who can catch difficult passes and score ISO when asked.

Washington is a bell cow. We're gonna need him to be active and engaged at all times. He's too critical to just float around out there.

Need Vanderbilt healthy ASAP. If this team has any hopes of becoming elite ---> he'll need to be on the floor facilitating.

Quade has a nice face-up game but I'm not enamored with him... He's gonna struggle against bigger defenders who can stay in front..he doesn't have elite speed or quickness.

Diallo is still TBD - need to see more of him.

Knee jerk reactions:

Maybe it's just me but Knox reminds me of Rudy Gay. Long AF in person. He's *at least* 6'9, IMO. A definitive pro. Perfect NBA 3.

Shai is super smooth. Dude never seems to be in a hurry, loves to use the baseline. He's sneaky good. Can't see Cal keeping him off the floor.

SKJ doesn't look ready to make that *leap*, unfortunately. This is especially concerning because Richards is RAWWWWW AF. Rim running, catching lobs, cleaning the glass and swatting shit weakside ---> that's it. He doesn't need to be asked to do anything else at this point. Need a big who can catch difficult passes and score ISO when asked.

Washington is a bell cow. We're gonna need him to be active and engaged at all times. He's too critical to just float around out there.

Need Vanderbilt healthy ASAP. If this team has any hopes of becoming elite ---> he'll need to be on the floor facilitating.

Quade has a nice face-up game but I'm not enamored with him... He's gonna struggle against bigger defenders who can stay in front..he doesn't have elite speed or quickness.

Diallo is still TBD - need to see more of him.

I really want to see Baker because we need him.

SKJ would make a ridiculous move (for a 6’11”) and then airball the shot. He’ll be good some day but yeah not sure when.

Completely agree on Vanderbilt and Green.

I was surprised most (in a good way) by Richards. Dude looks fluid and not the big stiff (you're welcome Dr. Boat) that I was expecting.

srljx9r6w00cyqdugl9k

Who would have guessed that from the 2012 Natl Championship team, Anthony Davis, MKG, and Darius Miller would be the only ones playing in the NBA this season?

This is especially concerning because Richards is RAWWWWW AF. Rim running, catching lobs, cleaning the glass and swatting shit weakside ---> that's it. He doesn't need to be asked to do anything else at this point.

yes

I was surprised most (in a good way) by Richards. Dude looks fluid and not the big stiff (you're welcome Dr. Boat) that I was expecting.

no

Diallo looked a lot more raw then I was expecting, handles looked shaky and shot looked suspect. See him dominating some games when he's on and then disappearing in others, a little mini Poythress.

Reactions: Hankshaker
SKJ showing some nice moves but damn near missed just about every kind of shot he took. The 5 spot is concerning. Washington might end up being out best back to the basket scorer at 6'7. Richards will swat some shots and tip in dunks and that's about it until he develops more.

Possibly not having a real threat in the paint for teams to double on is a concern. Almost everyone will zone the shit out of us.

We desperately need a guy that can come off a screen and sink a 3. Hopefully that's Baker.

Kansas 3rd game. eek

Last edited:
Guess being from the burbs explains it, but I had no idea about that Oliver Lewis extension over to Broadway. Wow that *really* is nice. Should help the egress for folks trying to fight the downtown arteries.

Booker and I had pretty good seats obviously, courtesy of Jaimanth. Haven’t been that close to the action since intramurals lol. Amazing experience. Great seeing JDrum as well.

Making tacos today for Miss St game with some friends due over. May bring out the Don Julio 1942 to celebrate that upset win in Starkville tonight. Speaking of — why is that line up 13 now? I don’t get it. Expect Jordan Jones to overpursue *everything* for at least the first half.

Lonzo triple double alert was ALL over my Twitter feed last night. Guess there was some major pushback over his opening night struggles so the media contingent was quick to reaffirm his stardom once again versus the shitty Suns. Thx. Let a few effing weeks play out before we declare him a bust/HOF.

Greek Freak going to put up some amazing numbers this year, if the first two games are any indication. My God.

Stranger Things a week out. Eek.

Last edited:
Reactions: VernHatton52
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT