ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Denver may have gotten a steal with Lyles. Showed potential as a rookie- just hard to get minutes in that Utah front court.

Reactions: Mashburned
Why did we get rid of that beautiful K? Meeeeeetch!

pat_riley6.jpg

I speak and foreign language and can play an instruement. Advanced degrees are nice too.

Give it a shot Anth.

#AlsoBoats

Kinda late.... but Knicks lol.

Ready for another BKH planking photo, TIA.
I have one planned, but it won't happen until basketball season at work because I'll need the team's help.

This gay earth can get so effed.

(but Monk would have been a bust in NY, TS. Nobody screams triangle offense like Malik Monk.)

From my favorite Facebook friend

For two years people have asked Katina Powell the same questions that I have spoke on over and over again as if anything I have said is going to change...I am going live real soon and I am going to address the lies the, the truth, u angry ass bums who has so much to say behind that screen....u can ask me whateva you want raw and uncut...even lies about me being heartbroken over Andre...lol the mob making me tell the story...even shit u fools don't know...when I come I'm bringing all receipts...the news can only say so much I can say whateva THE **** I WANT...get ready I'm on my way...#STILLKATINAPOWELL

Tired of yo honky ass questions. Yea TWill likes it up the butt! Jazzy ain't lazy UL just couldn't satisfy her! Yea I f'd Billy Minardi son AND HE LOVED IT.

I liked the Reds shirt she was wearing yesterday, and I'm hoping she can bring down that program as well.

Pretty sure we've already heard more than enough from someone who prostituted their own daughter. It's disturbing that some media keep giving her a platform to sell books/her daughters/other women.

Reactions: Hankshaker
* I realize the math doesn't quite add up on the % of alcohol by volume or whatever, but I can pretty much drink...

47 Miller Lites
or
5-6 crafties

.....and it's basically the same thing, headache-wise. Jesus.

* Welp, my theory/curiosity is about to be tested. Between Humphries and Briscoe, I think those two are very capable of having 15+ year, lucrative overseas careers. My guess is that Humphries takes full advantage of the opportunity and does very well, whereas Briscoe "keeps it real," floundering aimlessly in the D-League and wasting his chance to make real money in Europe.

* Jew & Fat said yesterday that the NBA D-League, in conjunction with a partnership with Gatorade, will now be known as the "G-League." The f***?

I hadn't seen that ridiculed yet. Not sure why the ridiculousness isn't getting more pub.

* Wildkat Wrestling tomorrow night at Shamrock's on Airline Highway, if anyone is interested. It's the "X-Rated" version, so it should be a hoot.

* So, if we were to send one GYERO'er over to North Korea, and have them return in a coma, who would be our most qualified candidate? Gotta be UKO, right?

So, people still bitching about kids leaving early after last night? Kentucky still ruining college basketball?

Amazing how many good & proven/accomplished college players went late or undrafted...and most of them were Lotto or 1st Rd at some point. Hell, arguably the 3 BEST actual college players last season went #26, #30, and #34.

If you're a lock 1st Rounder (forget lotto), going back to college is simply idiotic for most of these kids, with a few exceptions obviously. Lock in some life-changing guaranteed money, and get to work 247/365 on that next contract which will set up your family for generations.

Cal was & is so far ahead of the game it's ridiculous.

Last edited:
The ultimate hypocrisy in this whole thing is the way nerdy white dudes in the general business community are celebrated for leaving college early.

Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg.....these guys return to their alma maters, are celebrated for their accomplishments, receive honorary degrees, speak at graduation ceremonies....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ironically, the risk those loser dropouts took was significantly greater. At least the NBA guarantees you a job and a contract, for pete's sake.

-Like I said, doubt I do either but they're both things that pique my interest. MBA is still out there but no real rush. Especially with a 2 year old.

-Mitchell the rare UL kid that I don't absolutely hate. Same with Giles at Duke. Happy he made the right decision to GTFO and get drafted.

-Bilas is a clown. Very easy for elite talent to screw up their future, turn into problems, sink draft status, become toxic. Cal is a master at it. Also, no coach develops All Stars is absurd. He just grinds everything into the ground and talks way too much.

Reactions: TheShowKiller
Also, interesting culture change going on out in Sacramento.

Buddy, Fox, Jackson, Giles, Mason, Skal, WCS -- all seemingly good character guys, and a nice mix of young talent & shooting. They won't be good for awhile, but they haven't been regardless. At least it won't be toxic around there for our guys, that's a pretty wholesale roster shift over the past year or so.

At what point do these high school kids skip college in general? Some of these kids are lotto picks regardless of what they do in college (see Ben Simmons and Fultz). No worries about going to class, no worries about being exposed, no limits on workout time, etc. I'm sure Cal will be ahead of the curb when it happens, but I believe there is going to be a tipping point pretty soon on this one and done rule. Either the players and their handlers are going to search for a "safer"/better route, or the NBA will alter their entrance rules.

^That^ makes me appreciate the type of kids that have been at UK over the last decade.

Reactions: Touch_Em_All
Agree.

Reading Draft Grades, and this pretty much sums it up (not to mention injury risk)

Rabb was a potential lottery pick last year before his ill-fated decision to return to Cal for his sophomore season. While he actually got better during his second season, averaging a double-double, he didn't do enough to impress scouts, who started to pick him apart. They decided he wasn't strong enough and he didn't stretch the floor, lacking the game of a modern power forward. But he's talented and this was a good pick for the Grizzlies at this spot.

Same thing happened to Bryant to a lesser extent (and for different concerns), and could have for Bam as well.

These guys can slip so damn much in a short period that if they were to have an injury on top of that, it would pretty much take them out of consideration completely.

Obviously, many or even most of these guys still can and will earn contracts, and some will have great careers, but the risk is not worth it.

Last edited:
Allison Williams interviewed Silver right before the draft started, and he said OAD is not optimal and that they need a better solution. He sounded pretty sure that change will be coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT