ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

DIAF

Lots of people need to DIAF: Nit in yahoo, Trump, Blair Witch, Kamala, Elly de la Cruz, Sinbad.

Take me to the library! I will show you a copy of……Huckelberry Finn. This got banned today.

Switching some boxwoods out for inkberry.

Last edited:
JCPS just cancelled school because of rain tomorrow.
The Wire Nod GIF by HBO

I remember going to school the day Hugo hit. It was a lot of fun. Thought half the class was going to blow away on the walk between the classroom building and the cafeteria.

Reactions: Col. Angus
I remember going to school the day Hugo hit. It was a lot of fun. Thought half the class was going to blow away on the walk between the classroom building and the cafeteria.

I covered a HS game in Ashland the Friday after it moved through. There was 3-4 inches of standing water on the sidelines, and the field was a total pig pen. I was kinda fun to see, but I didn't want to get back in my car after that.

Mom was in CLT for a conference the week of Hugo, was supposed to be Thur-Sat. They stopped the conference early so everyone could GTFO on Friday morning.
13 yr old Justa was staying at home, alone and was planning a nice lil get together at the house on Friday. Living his best life.

Rolled home from school Friday afternoon to a not empty house. Just devastated. Very similar to the scene in Dazed & Confused.

I made up for it in spades while she was away at other conferences in the succeeding years. To be young and irresponsible again.

I’m forever grateful for the Reds trading Paul ONeill to the Yanks for Roberto Kelly. As great a player, he’s a better analyst (with David Cone). Dudes are both hilarious and very precise with their observations. Amazing that Fox has John Smoltz banal mumblings on the national call.

If memory serves, ONeill was at Rupp for a couple UKMBB games. Warrior.

The last 2 NYC mayors represent the worst/evil scum on the planet. No wonder why it’s an untenable zombie apocalypse. Sad. Yesterday was a record 17 bums, screamers, junkies stumbled over during a 13-block walk to the office.

Steak, Cigars, Bourbs tonight.

Brisket thawing.

Chip in or Chip out? Can’t keep up.

My son made chicken parm in his apartment for his roommates and girlfriend. He’s learning the ways…my mom would be proud.

Cats 23
Rebs 29
(Late Barion fumble costs Cats win; melting Brady)

Friday 5:
Orgone: Sophisticated Honky
Zero7: Give it Away
Bonobo: Expander
The Melt Down: Sweetwater
Souixsie and the Banshees : The Passenger

Reactions: CSC81 and rudd1
Believe my old house on Siesta Key is safe as it was a new construction with an elevated build, but some of my old neighbor’s homes (older and no elevation) are completely flooded out.

Got a lot of, “you must be happy” and “damn did you move at the right time” texts this morning.

Guess sometimes the man upstairs just smiles on ya. That’s 2x (Irma in St. John and this one) I was lucky as can be with timing.

Bc of the cost, a lot of them didn’t have flood insurance either. Most of em have a ton of equity in the value of the land but still….Looking at a long recovery time if they decide to stay.

• Sad
Reactions: Ron Mehico
The last 2 NYC mayors represent the worst/evil scum on the planet. No wonder why it’s an untenable zombie apocalypse. Sad. Yesterday was a record 17 bums, screamers, junkies stumbled over during a 13-block walk to the office.
It's f'ing intentional. Sacramento - right next to the state house - is ground zero for zombies in this country. How you can be in charge of a state - and walk outside and see these mentally ill people all over the place terrorizing a rotting downtown and not do anything is unbelievable to me.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
I40 collapsing into the Pigeon River is unreal. That's a major transportation route from the southern ports.

They are saying the Lake Lure dam might collapse, which would be absolutely devastating. North Carolina is getting destroyed.

We were right next to that dam this summer. We would have been on the high side and yeah, that is going to f things up.

This is unfathomable damage. There's no way anyone was really prepared for this outside of the FL cities that routinely prepare for hurricanes.

There's unfortunately more to come because theres so much rain that is still trickling down the mountains well after it stopped that is maxing out the entire infrastructure below it. Jfc hope those folks can get out in time.

I am supposed to drive through there on Sunday. Think they will have it repaired by then? 😅
There was a massive slide that closed that stretch very close to this in like 2010. 40/81 to 26 was the detour. They might do a two lane but the whole section has to be assessed. That’s, in obvious terms, an effing mess.

I’m driving to Lexington soon. Taking the WV route from Raleigh now which is shorter but generally shittier.

When I lived in knox I camped up there a lot. That area on the NE side of the Smokies was never crowded and felt more like you were out in the wilderness.

During all the rock slides over the yrs when they had to reroute through the mtns it was a mess. Anyone having to go this way I suggest rolling on up to Wytheville and down 77.

There was a massive slide that closed that stretch very close to this in like 2010. 40/81 to 26 was the detour. They might do a two lane but the whole section has to be assessed. That’s, in obvious terms, an effing mess.

I’m driving to Lexington soon. Taking the WV route from Raleigh now which is shorter but generally shittier.

Yeah - i remember that too. Took them FOREVER to fix it.

Thank God a small section of I-26 was shut down this morning causing us to reroute our trip to Hilton Head, I-40 collapsed about the time we would have been going through.

Reactions: PTI (pti)
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT