ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Kyle Schwarber’s last 3 years….

.218 / 46 hr / 200 Ks
.197 / 47 hr / 215 Ks
.250 / 38 hr / 195 Ks

All Star. Gotten MVP votes last 2 seasons. Makes $20 million a year.

Just a different game nowadays. It’s all about exit velo and launch angle, and every reliever seems to throw 99.
Well, Jackson hit .168 w/ 5 HRs so he didn’t get the memo that you need to do some good things too.

Tombstone family.

1. Cut open the pizza wrapper to start defrost
2. Preheat and never put it in prior
3. Right before oven is ready, take all the pepperonis off
4. Add base moz layer
5. Add pepperonis back plus enough to cover entire surface
6. Add another layer of moz
7. Add 2 mins to whatever instructions for max time to cook
8. Check each min until all cheese is melted and crust edge is a litte burnt
9. Profit

Reactions: WayneDougan
^ exactly how I do them. Actually turns out better than a cheap $10 chain pizza. But of course after adding all the extrys, it becomes a $10 pizza.

Will also take a loaf of Italian bread, add garlic butter, cheese and pepperonis for an appetizer.

LED floor is too gimmicky, just ball out, let the talent on the floor be the show stopper. Hell, might as well go full stupid and add stars on the floor for 4 point shots, DJ announcing during live play. But that is just me.

Hurricane really effed the winner of the Braves / Mets series, pitching staffs will be wrecked for who ever gets in the playoffs.

• Haha
Reactions: jayroon
I made homemade pizza last night. Nothing crazy but pretty good. Used a puff pastry for the crust. Very light and crispy. Fam loved it! Will make again.

Planning to take my oldest to some college camps this fall and winter. You get invites to tons of them. Baseball players can’t get offers until their junior year (gay) but still good to get in front of staffs and learn about their programs.

Got off espresso for a while but it’s worked it’s way back into my morning routine. The way it courses through my veins about 5 minutes after that first sip is unreal. I feel like I could work so hard if I wanted to. I don’t, but I probably could

Headed to gulf shores in a week. Doesn’t look like they’ll be effected (affected?) by Helene, which is a nice change of pace for my usual fall break destinations. Anyone got any recs for a decent place to eat with 4 kids? Nothing fancy. Please remember that I am a blue collar piece of shit that can’t read or write. Maybe Whataburger?

BECAUASE YOU DIDN’T MARK THE LATEST EMAIL WE SENT AS READ BY THE 7:00AM CUTOFF THIS IS ANOTHER REMINDER OF THE BACKUP PLAN FOR THE BOOK FAIR. WE WILL ALSO SEND YOU A TEXT AND YOU MUST CONFIRM THAT YOU RECEIVED AND READ THE TEXT.

WE ALSO JUST INTEGRATED OUR NOTIFICATIONS WITH THE BAMBOOZLE APP. REGISTER WITH A UNIQUE USERNAME AND PASSWORD FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL KID AND ALSO DOWNLOAD THE AUTHENTICATOR DUAL TOKEN APP WITH A SEPERATE USERNAME AND PASSWORD. YOU WILL ALSO RECEIVE A PASSCODE FOR AUTHENTICATOR VIA THE EMAIL WE HAVE ON FILE..

JUST A REMINDER THAT THERE IS ONE DAY LEFT TO RESERVE YOUR SEATS FOR THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR PROGRAM THAT IS 8 MONTHS AWAY. USE THE SIGN UP GENUIS LINK IN BLACKBAUD.

THANKS AND ENJOY YOUR DAY.

If my kids school sends me another email/text/dojo update about the book fair schedule change due to the hurricane I'm going to write an ALLCAPS Richie response and blast that shit to every one of their platforms.

Call someone a cvnt and this will all stop, trust me!

Kyle Schwarber’s last 3 years….

.218 / 46 hr / 200 Ks
.197 / 47 hr / 215 Ks
.250 / 38 hr / 195 Ks

All Star. Gotten MVP votes last 2 seasons. Makes $20 million a year.

Just a different game nowadays. It’s all about exit velo and launch angle, and every reliever seems to throw 99.

Also different in the lineup placement of a guy like this. Batting Schwarber leadoff makes his strikeouts less impactful, but also allows the coach to build up the back half of a lineup too in case it gets back to the leadoff.

Back in the day a .200 hitter was relegated to the 8 hole just in front of the pitcher.

Also the national league using a DH didn’t hurt him as his fielding is awful!

Red Baron > Tombstone
This was the first argument I remember having with my dad when I grew out of petulant brat phase into a reasonable human. Mom was so annoyed. To this day we’ve actually argued about like 10 things ever but the pizza debate was more heated than my curfew debate.

I count the grounding I got for lying about the ending of Robocop then arguing about the sentence as being in the petulant brat phase.

I dread mom groups and incessant school/daycare notifications more than actually birthing this kid. At least childbirth is over in a finite time period.

I joined a couple mom groups because I naively thought oh, maybe they'll have the info on what pediatricians are good, what daycares suck, etc. Nope, it's 90% posts about moms absolutely drowning because their husbands suck, 7.5% are asking for approval to do some whack ass "natural medicine" nonsense instead of what their pediatrician told them to do. About 2.5% of the info is actually useful. BLEAK. I should have expected this, as the neighborhood facebook groups are roughly the same percentages of stupid versus useful.

Top prospect Jackson Holliday had 30% of the plate appearances as Elly, but still struck out 68 times (a 34% clip compared to Elly’s 31%). That’s insane.

I really think the study on pitch mechanics and hitter analytics has pushed the favor of baseball too far in the pitcher’s direction.
He’s also only 20 years old and never had a K rate above 22% in the minors, he’ll be fine.

Not if they were hitting 40 HR w/ 100 RBI's.

Well genius, other than maybe Adam Dunn who fits this bill? In my life time the Canseco, McGwire, Bonds, Griffey, Sosa etc etc of the world didn’t hit .200 and I can’t think of anyone else that did.

Which furthers PTi’s point more so than yours.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Well genius, other than maybe Adam Dunn who fits this bill? In my life time the Canseco, McGwire, Bonds, Griffey, Sosa etc etc of the world didn’t hit .200 and I can’t think of anyone else that did.

Which furthers PTi’s point more so than yours.

A slew of .200 hitters hit 8th,....that isn't rocket science. But you left out the main part of the topic...HR/RBI.....which I said .200 isn't hitting 8th if they are going 40/100....which they aren't.

Kingman hit 4th when he went 37/99/.207
Gallo generally hit 4th thru 6th in his couple of criteria years.
Chris Davis hit 4th when he went 38/84/.221

Go away.

Dude… we have PTSD of women coming out of the woodwork about the moral imperatives and techniques of breast feeding… never have I come closer to punching a cvnt in the face.

Rude, cult-like weirdos.

Reactions: 80 Proof
So 3 players in the history of baseball meet your criteria of .200 AND 40 HRs(FYI Schwarber has only gotten to 100 RBI twice in his 11 year career) and hitting in the middle of a lineup.

Got it. Basing arguments on less than half of a percent of players all time usually end successfully so keep that up.

It’s just a damn shame you aren’t more involved in the baseball industry to show those people how knowledgeable you really are compared them.

Lived overseas and Dad’s friend sent an English version VHS of Robocop. Dad fell asleep before the ending but I watched it and thought it sucked. Ruminated about it before bed and decided on a better ending. Told Dad that ending the next morning.

Couple months later he storms in my room having actually watched the movie and grounded me for a week for lying.

Using “lying about the ending to Robocop” as “biggest regret” answer is pretty funny, btw.

Lived overseas and Dad’s friend sent an English version VHS of Robocop. Dad fell asleep before the ending but I watched it and thought it sucked. Ruminated about it before bed and decided on a better ending. Told Dad that ending the next morning.

Couple months later he storms in my room having actually watched the movie and grounded me for a week for lying.

Using “lying about the ending to Robocop” as “biggest regret” answer is pretty funny, btw.
This sounds like something I would ground a kid for tbh

Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT