ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick Hitters:

-UK and Stoops have some fences to mend, quickly. The broad fan base is probably just happy "he turned down the offer" but the reals know he had 1 foot out the door and is now crawling back. We'll make it work but he's sleeping on the couch for the foreseeable future.
I guess it depends on why he was ready to leave. If he feels like he's done all he can at UK, he needs to move on for everyone's benefit.

Reactions: m080470
It seems like we play our corners tighter on 3rd/4th and short rather than the longer downs. Big soft zones as Jesse palmer would say. I even saw Stoops instructing a db to jam at the line which is something we never do.

Pretty much this, and then add to it that if it’s short yardage we seem comfortable bringing 1 extra rusher as if we know they will only play for quick short yardage.

If it’s long, we never blitz to make sure all zones are “covered” allowing plenty of time for the QB to just wait it out until someone is open.

Besides just the scheme our opponents know this is going to happen, kinda like when a coach knows in the last few minutes of a game to kill a clock it’s run run run so it’s just easier.

-UK and Stoops have some fences to mend, quickly. The broad fan base is probably just happy "he turned down the offer" but the reals know he had 1 foot out the door and is now crawling back. We'll make it work but he's sleeping on the couch for the foreseeable future.

I’m sure it will be spun as though he just couldn’t, in his heart, leave because he just loves it here so much. I’m also sure most will eat it up. He had both feet out the door and when he showed back up with flowers and candy we were happy to take him back. The problem is, just like when one party cheats on the other, trust will forever be an issue.

By all means, maintain that relationship with Klutch. Would hate to lost the chance to babysit one of their clients for a year and have them not sit on the bench in a hoodie.
Klutch's guys have done pretty well here.

John Wall
De'Aaron Fox
Anthony Davis
Eric Bledsoe
Keldon Johnson
Tyrese Maxey
BJ Boston
Terrance Clarke
Trey Lyles
Jarred Vanderbilt
Chris Livingston

BTW, Sharpe isn't with Klutch.

Somehow our narrative sounds almost worse than aTm's. Stoops had both feet out the door but couldn't loot us of our assistants on the way out.

I don't blame him for wanting the job, but just go at that point. They have the money to hire whatever assistants you want.

Also, did Larry Vaught keep Stoops here by tweeting that Vince should be the replacement? 😆

I’d bet Marrow was a no. He is an old school type fella and those are basically his children. He ain’t leaving them like a thief in the night, it isn’t his DNA to do that.

I think Stoops would have left everyone else behind, and I still have no issues at all with it.

I'm sure I'll be back on board soon, but I was ready to see what the Sumrall era looked like, even if there was an initial collapse.

Some inspired play and a bowl win will go a long way for Stoops.

I’d bet Marrow was a no. He is an old school type fella and those are basically his children. He ain’t leaving them like a thief in the night, it isn’t his DNA to do that.

I think Stoops would have left everyone else behind, and I still have no issues at all with it.
Well Marrow has almost left twice but we upped him both times to stay.

Wanna see something incredible.

Look at the 2024 UF football schedule.

UF is screwed
That’s a 2-3 win season probably, wow.

What about the past jobs he’s left? I don’t think this was Marrow’s first job.

Also, not sure why you all care so much. If any job calls with way more money and resources you all are considering it as well. Just as your company will replace you in a heart beat if someone better shows up.

So basically you all disagree with me, cool. There are reasons to believe everything.

I believe Coen nor White have the pull as an assistant to weigh on Stoops if he wants to go.

Marrow is the only one IMO that says no and Stoops second guesses himself, and I think Stoops/Marrow could go down there and get any assistants if no one else wants to go.

So IMO Marrow is where the line is drawn.

tHFu2bj.jpg

Thank you to our athletic director, Mags Jones for saving the football program.

I know marrow recruits like a mad man and is bff’s w all the big boosters, but I’m kinda over the his whole gimmick. Other than cashflowing our recruiting system, dude doesn’t do shit around here but wants credit for everything that happens.

Somebody from my wife’s family was nice enough to bring the stomach bug to thanksgiving this year. My wife and kids have been passing that around since Saturday. Can’t wait for my turn!!

I know im full of bad takes today, but yeah, if Aaron Bradshaw doesn’t wanna play screw him. Let’s run w the guys we have. Maybe wont win a title but I love the squad we’ve been fielding.

One of my favorite traditions over the past few years is taking my 3 oldest to a movie the week before Christmas. Is this the year that covid shutdowns have really started showing their impact or something? It’s the most ass lineup of movies I’ve ever seen.

Reactions: ksta
I'm glad Stoops is sticking around- If we are honest with ourselves, UK's still a tough place to coach football when you look around at the resources at other places. If he's still at some point open to new challenges- at least maybe that means he hasnt mailed it in yet.

*BUT* i'd be lying if I said I didnt get excited about Sumrall

Sorry, but Matt's version of the story just now on KSR seems highly implausible. Just too much spin to be believable.

I'm not buying the narrative that "Mark indicated he was interested enough in the offer for the aTm AD to seek BoT approval on Sunday, but he didn't really accept the job."

Seems far more likely that Stoops was all-in and ready to leave until:
  1. He learned that any number of Marrow, Coen, and White weren't down with a move to College Station;
  2. He saw the vitriolic response from aTm fans; and
  3. He caught wind that the offer may not be approved by the aTm BoT.
Even if Stoops ultimately decided he wanted to stay in Lexington, nothing leads me to believe he "chose" UK over aTm. Feels a lot like the choice was made for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT