ADVERTISEMENT

Guy asks Adam Zagoria if PJ Washington is top 60 in the draft

Zagoria has basically no way of knowing that.

It's his opinion, not based on PJ's actual draft stock, which isn't even determined yet. That's what the next few weeks are all about.

Just his opinion as of now. Zags knows talent and talks to teams. This is just where it stands pre-combine.

Maybe his shooting has improved? Idk, but not likely he's a sought after prospect.

Below is from draft express and sounds about right. He has some good attributes but none of it sounds like he is ready...even in the wacky 2018 version of that word. I wish him all of the best but I think he should come back work on his game (away from the basket) and see where he is next year....eh..broken record.

Washington, one of the most productive players on the EYBL circuit, carried his impactful play over to Colorado Springs. With a strong frame, long arms, impressive agility and a budding offensive game, there's a lot to like about Washington as a college player. He's always around the ball, can score inside the paint, find open teammates, attack the glass and make plays defensively. From an NBA perspective it will be beneficial for Washington to polish his perimeter play, extend his range and really buy into becoming a guy who can step out and defend the perimeter. It remains to be seen what Washington's most translatable NBA skills will be, but he'll most certainly be an instant impact player at the college level who's worth keeping an eye on as the rest of his game develops. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/P.J.-Washington-81869/ ©DraftExpress

I think most UK fans would agree that PJ needs another year to work on his game. Develop a mid-range and/or 3pt shot. NBA is a shooters league now.

He should just go. He clearly doesn't want to play college basketball for another year. Given that he and his father have requested a 1st round guarantee, it's apparent that they live in an alternate reality than the rest of us. He wants to get out so badly? Sign an agent and either get drafted mid second round eventually fizzling out, not making an NBA roster, or sign an agent, don't get drafted and update your passport, pal. While you're at it, pick up a the Ukrainian Rosetta Stone.

Reactions: Bigjoecatfan56
I'll contiinue to stick by my conversation I had with Pj Washington during an uber/lyft ride that I gave him at the End of April. HE WILL BE BACK AT UK,.

I freaking guarantee you I'm one of the only people on this board to have spoken with PJ face to face since April. Everybody else is just talking out the side of their face.:100points:

I'll contiinue to stick by my conversation I had with Pj Washington during an uber/lyft ride that I gave him at the End of April. HE WILL BE BACK AT UK,.

I freaking guarantee you I'm one of the only people on this board to have spoken with PJ face to face since April. Everybody else is just talking out the side of their face.:100points:
Is he a good tipper?

Maybe he and his father are only going to settle for a first round guarantee or he will come back. that is how I see it. I think he wants to play and if not a first round he is like us he would be crazy to stay in the draft.
He is a good kid and by all accounts has kept his nose clean and is a smart kid. I don't blame his father for looking out for his son'e best interest,everyone here should feel the same way. I lost my son on April the 4th and I would give the world to be in his life and he in mine.
I think his dad is just doing a good job of helping his son. Has anyone here heard any thing bad about this young man? I have not but I don't get on here all the time. I have been coming here for many years and have been a member longer than it shows. I was here during the Tubby years under a different name.

GBB

As I've said, I think he's going to do very well at the combine. For all his weaknesses as a potential pro, he has some very alluring attributes - namely, he's crazy athletic and he's crazy long. I recall Cal saying in an on-court interview after an early season game that PJ would by season's end be one of the best players in the country. Certainly Cal knew the kid can't shoot by then, but PJ is beguiling in that way. I won't be shocked if someone falls in love with him at the combine and he ends up getting drafted higher than anyone might think....

You may be right and most BBN hope you are...im on the fence..as Vince Marrow would say we want kids that want to be here...not sure PJ or Vando wants that imo

WELL... which was it? Lyft or UBER

Reactions: brianpoe
He should just go. He clearly doesn't want to play college basketball for another year. Given that he and his father have requested a 1st round guarantee, it's apparent that they live in an alternate reality than the rest of us. He wants to get out so badly? Sign an agent and either get drafted mid second round eventually fizzling out, not making an NBA roster, or sign an agent, don't get drafted and update your passport, pal. While you're at it, pick up a the Ukrainian Rosetta Stone.

How can you even remotely jump to this conclusion? Just relax da eff out and wait and see.

Reactions: JC43 and KDcats11
IMO this is pretty clear but who knows he could blow up at the combine this week . it is unlikely but who knows. I just think one way or another 2 of the 3 will be back . JV and PJ have too much to gain by coming back. Why leave when at best you are picked like 53rd or something ?

Reactions: westerncat
No way to know. Just takes 1 team, 1 GM to like him more than the rest. And teams aren't going to give away their thoughts on players to people who will make it public knowledge and thus available to their competition.

I would take pj over diallo honestly. I think pj may actually be a decent shooter if he had higher volume of shots.

Reactions: KFuqua

Not sure what you are basing the conclusion on that he clearly doesn’t want to play college ball. Nothing has happened since he declared for the draft, nothing. Merely waiting for the combines and see what happens from there.

Below is from draft express and sounds about right. He has some good attributes but none of it sounds like he is ready...even in the wacky 2018 version of that word. I wish him all of the best but I think he should come back work on his game (away from the basket) and see where he is next year....eh..broken record.

Washington, one of the most productive players on the EYBL circuit, carried his impactful play over to Colorado Springs. With a strong frame, long arms, impressive agility and a budding offensive game, there's a lot to like about Washington as a college player. He's always around the ball, can score inside the paint, find open teammates, attack the glass and make plays defensively. From an NBA perspective it will be beneficial for Washington to polish his perimeter play, extend his range and really buy into becoming a guy who can step out and defend the perimeter. It remains to be seen what Washington's most translatable NBA skills will be, but he'll most certainly be an instant impact player at the college level who's worth keeping an eye on as the rest of his game develops. - Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/P.J.-Washington-81869/ ©DraftExpress
DraftExpress has also been dead for at least 8 months if not more.

Ok agree he is not a 1 st round pick, by coming back is he going to grow 3 inches. Still say if he comes back still not 1st round pick.
No he won't grow. What he can do is work on his jumper, step out and guard the perimeter. He can improve his draft stock greatly by coming back and if he works hard enough he can get in the first round JMO

pj was 5-21 on threes last year. diallo was crushed for his shooting. and he took 77, making 34%. looking forward to seeing pj take 80 threes next year.

Last edited:
PJ will get drafted in the the first Rd of 2019 NBA Draft. Kid has talent and is very coachable. What a lot of fans dont realize is a lot of players coming to UK already have a great all around game. Our players tend to sacrifice some of their abilities to make the team as a whole better. We needed a post presence. PJ played close to the basket because of this. He took on all front courts in the SEC, he was dominant against UT at UT until his body cramped up. Undersized height wise was never a problem. PJ is a Baller, he returns and I see SEC POY and number 9 in the Rafters

Man, if pj comes back I can see him just dunking on everyone early in the year

Zagoria has basically no way of knowing that.

It's his opinion, not based on PJ's actual draft stock, which isn't even determined yet. That's what the next few weeks are all about.

Zags is well connected with scouts. So he does have sources close to the situation.

Zags is well connected with scouts. So he does have sources close to the situation.

Right, but none of them really know right now either. That's the whole point of the combine and workouts. It's just dumb to be that final and to give zero context or explanation at this stage in the process.

Reactions: CatColumbia
The other day he got in the same elevator as me in MI King library. As I selected the floor he needed, He said he likes it at UK.

#rocksolidsource

The other day he got in the same elevator as me in MI King library. As I selected the floor he needed, He said he likes it at UK.

#rocksolidsource
Did he use his left hand or right hand to push the button?

DraftExpress has also been dead for at least 8 months if not more.

I never remember which one stinks. I chose that not as evidence but because it sounded like what I saw this year.

I don’t know what it takes to make it in the nba but I think pj looks more like a good college player than one who will stick in the league. Just my uninformed opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT