ADVERTISEMENT

Guess Bannerman is leaving too?

dcspurlock

Junior
Apr 12, 2007
just seen where he plans to transfer as well. That’s unfortunate. Think he coulda gotten some plays this year and been a big contributor down the road. Guess he thought he’d be with the 1’s or at least 2’s by now.

Edit: I forgot about his move to TE. Maybe he woulda been buried on the depth chart. Guess he coulda moved back over to LB but it is what it is at this point I guess.

just seen where he plans to transfer as well. That’s unfortunate. Think he coulda gotten some plays this year and been a big contributor down the road. Guess he thought he’d be with the 1’s or at least 2’s by now.

Edit: I forgot about his move to TE. Maybe he woulda been buried on the depth chart. Guess he coulda moved back over to LB but it is what it is at this point I guess.
Move to TE was short lived, moved back to OLB last season.

[QUOTE="dcspurlock, post: 6868569, member: 6268"

Edit: I forgot about his move to TE. Maybe he woulda been buried on the depth chart. Guess he coulda moved back over to LB but it is what it is at this point I guess.[/QUOTE]

Tyler Thompson must have the duty desk today for KSR. She is incorrectly calling him a TE.

This move is understandable. I don’t think Bannerman would get minutes this year, absent a rash of injuries.

I remember seeing Gilliam on several plays in the BW game but did anyone catch Bannerman on any plays?

Generally after spring is when players get a sense of if they can make a move. UK football is becoming more talented. Everybody freaks over transfers but these kids know if they are this level good.

[QUOTE="dcspurlock, post: 6868569, member: 6268"

Tyler Thompson must have the duty desk today for KSR. She is incorrectly calling him a TE.

This move is understandable. I don’t think Bannerman would get minutes this year, absent a rash of injuries.[/QUOTE]

That’s where I was hearing TE. I thought his stint at TE was short lived then went back over to D but KSR has been calling him a TE so it made more sense he’d be buried on the depth chart. With our injuries and transfers at LB though I thought he may get his chance this year but I guess not.

He must have failed poorly at TE given the fact that only walk-on TEs were available this spring and they did not consider moving him back.

Hope he and Gilliam land somewhere they can get PT.

Last edited:
Sign of the times, players getting recruited over. Since we already had a space in this recruiting class does this make a graduate transfer even more of a possibility?

Things like this were discussed a couple weeks back. When kids have been in the program 2-3 years and get recruited over many times they transfer to lesser programs where they can get snaps. Healthy programs don't wait on players 2-3 years, they try to get better players every recruiting cycle

If you are running 3rd string now, you might drop even lower, depending upon the incoming freshman. It's a good move for him if he wants to get more snaps.

All kids want playing time and want to eventually start. This is likely the best choice for the young guy. Surprised we haven't heard rumblings louder from one of the four quarterbacks. Nobody likes being buried on a bench.

All kids want playing time and want to eventually start. This is likely the best choice for the young guy. Surprised we haven't heard rumblings louder from one of the four quarterbacks. Nobody likes being buried on a bench.

If Hoak doesn't start or get many reps this year, I look for him to bolt after the season. However, every backup player is just one injury away from starting.

If Hoak doesn't start or get many reps this year, I look for him to bolt after the season. However, every backup player is just one injury away from starting.

If Clark passes either Hoak or Wilson on the depth chart, I could see them transferring (especially Hoak if it seems the coaches continue to lean toward a more DT QB in the upcoming recruiting cycle).

Post spring practice and transfers seem to be coming out of the woodwork. 2 of UGA's kids are transferring after spring practice, a rising jr LB who was passed by 3 soph during spring and another rising jr OL that started our opener in 17 but finished spring practice 3rd string behind 3 soph, a EE frosh and likely to drop another rung when the rest of the frosh arrive. Had another, a rising soph DB dismissed for reasons we haven't been told.

Should the NCAA decide to pass the no sit out transfer rule, it could become a continual revolving door.

I think that would kill any chance to build depth and you can forget having 2 pretty good QBs on your roster. But things change, I would hope making scholarships a 4 year contract would be the route taken which would provide protection for both the college and the player. Maybe with some attachment that if a coaching change takes place the contract can be broken and kid can transfer without penalty, if no coaching change he can still leave but has the penalty. I mean these guys are 18, or soon to be, if not a parent or guardian has to sign with them, they should have some accountability too. If I buy a car with a 60 month note and 3 years in I decide I don't like it, walking away from it isn't penalty free.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan

This move is understandable. I don’t think Bannerman would get minutes this year, absent a rash of injuries.

That’s where I was hearing TE. I thought his stint at TE was short lived then went back over to D but KSR has been calling him a TE so it made more sense he’d be buried on the depth chart. With our injuries and transfers at LB though I thought he may get his chance this year but I guess not.
Going there for football info was your first mistake.

Last edited:
Reactions: ukalum1988

Well, we had no healthy scholarship TEs this spring as the only two on campus were hurt. Kind of hard to be buried on that depth chart.

Well, we had no healthy scholarship TEs this spring as the only two on campus were hurt. Kind of hard to be buried on that depth chart.
I dunno why but it deleted one of the [ quote ] tags in my response post. Really you should be responding to someone else from above. I was making a smarmy remark about the quality of KSR's football prowess. I went back and fixed the tag so it doesn't look like those were my comments.

If Clark passes either Hoak or Wilson on the depth chart, I could see them transferring (especially Hoak if it seems the coaches continue to lean toward a more DT QB in the upcoming recruiting cycle).
As a famous coach once said, quarterbacks are born to transfer. It's the same proposition everywhere. Only 1 quarterback can play at a time. As soon as the offensive coordinator picks a starter, all the other quarterbacks on the roster re-evaluate their options. This is why a P5 football team must sign at least 1 quarterback every year.

I dunno why but it deleted one of the [ quote ] tags in my response post. Really you should be responding to someone else from above. I was making a smarmy remark about the quality of KSR's football prowess. I went back and fixed the tag so it doesn't look like those were my comments.

Sorry.

Reactions: CB3UK
ADVERTISEMENT