ADVERTISEMENT

Grossest foods that you like

I'll eat anything seafood that was canned in some sketchy Asian country. I'll probably die from food poisoning this way.

As for domestic products....
4704622.jpg

Apparently, mushrooms. Not the hiding under pepperoni/onions/olives/sausage kind, but real whole mushrooms in their various forms. I get lots of looks of disgust.

Reactions: FusterCluck
Liver loaf, closely followed by souse. I WOULD say chitlins but my Mama Mai would rise from her grave and get me if I did. After she passed away, I've had chitlins maybe twice and haven't had any since my Mom passed.

Reactions: Rebelfreedomeagle
Love this stuff. Made with all the pig parts that would otherwise be thrown out, but I don't care.

gliers.jpg

I'm 5th generation German-American, raised in Covington where this stuff is made. Grew up with it....still love it.
My wife picked up some of that at Jungle Jim's a couple of weeks ago. I ate some of it but doubt that will happen again.

Liver loaf, closely followed by souse. I WOULD say chitlins but my Mama Mai would rise from her grave and get me if I did. After she passed away, I've had chitlins maybe twice and haven't had any since my Mom passed.

My mamaw used to make chitlins. After smelling them being prepared, I wouldn't touch them, no matter how much she pleaded with me....

I like putting pimento cheese on glazed donuts. Everyone else thinks it's gross, pretty much the only way I'll eat a donut though.

Replace pigs feet for your chitlins and you and my father have the same taste. He makes his own souse and pigs feet. Stinks the house up for ever. I could never stomach it.

*My dad claims he could live with black folks because they like the same stuff.

Reactions: GhostVol
McDonalds, actually only the french fries, absolutely hate the place and will only eat there when there is no other choice

There is a show called Bizzare Foods. The host travels to the third world and eats some real nasty stuff like dung beetle stew. On one of the shows, he went to a small Croatian village where the head of the local clan slaughtered a goat and they both ate raw goat's heart while it was still beating.
From fermented rats in Taiwan to roasted ten inch cockroaches in Zambia, the world if filled with unusual cuisine and the good news is that the recipes are available online

I like putting pimento cheese on glazed donuts. Everyone else thinks it's gross, pretty much the only way I'll eat a donut though.
I used to put sugar in my tuna salad (just a pinch). My mom always did it, i just assumed everybody did it.

I learned in a similar Paddock food thread, nearly 10 years ago now, that I was a GD weirdo and that my mom sweetened the tuna just so I'd eat it.

Paddock wisdom is real. Bitter little pills that better us all.

Reactions: TruBluCatFan
Replace pigs feet for your chitlins and you and my father have the same taste. He makes his own souse and pigs feet. Stinks the house up for ever. I could never stomach it.

*My dad claims he could live with black folks because they like the same stuff.

Country folk are the same, regardless of skin color. My kinfolk grew up in a time when NOTHING went to waste. I've never been a fan of pigs feet (too much work to get to the meat as far as I'm concerned). But my dad fried up some souse every Saturday and I'd eat it right along with him. My other siblings never touched it. The only thing I drew the line at was brains (either pork or beef).

I volunteered at a homeless shelter one week and one of those days they made chitlins. One of the most god awful smells I have encountered in my entire life. I had to leave early that day out of fear of vomiting all over the place. I don't know how anyone can tolerate that odor.

I used to put sugar in my tuna salad (just a pinch). My mom always did it, i just assumed everybody did it.

I learned in a similar Paddock food thread, nearly 10 years ago now, that I was a GD weirdo and that my mom sweetened the tuna just so I'd eat it.

Paddock wisdom is real. Bitter little pills that better us all.
I've had it many times with a some sugar and Sriracha. It's great. If you look at the expensive flavored tuna they all have sugar in them. Mom was ahead of the game.

I never ate it but my grandmother told me that they used to make head cheese. Real hog head head cheese. They boiled the whole head and made the meat and whatever else float off. The gelatin from the skull cooked out and held it all together. I know we still get this stuff in hotdogs and bologna, but thinking about what that must have looked like creeps me out.

Reactions: FusterCluck
My Grandparents always knew someone that would kill a hog in the fall, and every year they'd get the liver and lites, which were the lungs. It was surprisingly good too.

My grandmother would eat Squirrel brains, and they were good too.
I personally liked Rabbit and Squirrel kidneys.
If we caught fish with eggs we'd keep them intact, and fry them up too.

Reactions: _Rooster
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT