ADVERTISEMENT

Gregg Marshall and Texas

Originally posted by CatPhight:
Could be a bidding war between Texas and Alabama to see who overpays for his service.
yup.

Loser gets shaka Smart?

No coach who wins is overpaid. Name the last dude they fired despite being successful because he made too much money. We could pay Cal $20 million a year and he'd be worth it. These schools print money.

Originally posted by .S&C.:

Originally posted by CatPhight:
Could be a bidding war between Texas and Alabama to see who overpays for his service.
yup.

Loser gets shaka Smart?
I think the loser would make out better then, imo.

Originally posted by TheFolker:
Whoever wins will regret it.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Not if they do it right. Texas is the single richest athletic department in the country, in one of the most talent-rich states in the country. Other than the bluebloods that have so much tradition that they give any coach a huge recruiting advantage, you won't find a better job than Texas.

it sounded right. i forget who mentioned it in the coaching carousel thread. uk will have some competition now. big 12 and sec could make some good upgrades.

Originally posted by chevyman 50:
I would thank Texas would be a better BB job than Ala...
I agree it is probably a better job.

But ones difference is that you can actually get Bama fans to care about basketball if you have some success.

Forget about that at Texas. You could win a title every other year and they wouldn't fill their arena. Similar to Florida.

Originally posted by Seth C:
Marshall is about to become one of the top 5 highest paid college basketball coaches after having achieved...very little.
Going to the FF with Wichita freaking State, and following that up with a 35-0 start is achieving "very little".

You're delusional.

Originally posted by mj2k10:

Marshall is about to become one of the top 5 highest paid college basketball coaches after having achieved...very little.
Going to the FF with Wichita freaking State, and following that up with a 35-0 start is achieving "very little".

You're delusional.
Compared to others in the $4-$5 million range he has accomplished very little.

Originally posted by mj2k10:

You're delusional.
Compared to others in the $4-$5 million range he has accomplished very little.
And he's coached how many games in a power conference? What, you think Wichita State should be banging on the national title door on a consistent basis? They made the tournament twice in the 20 years before they hired Marshall.

Seeing some tweets that Texas is going to try and hire a coach for under $3 million. If true, good luck attracting any top notch coaches when they don't want to may much more than a high mid major. Shows you're not exactly striving for winning basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT