ADVERTISEMENT

Great example of why I don't bet on sports

The ending of the Miami/NYJ game. Line was 3, Miami up by 3 with 5 secs and Jets had ball on the 30 yd line or something. They do the lateral thing multiple times and end up fumbling it out of the endzone for a safety as the runs out. Wonder how many people lost their shirt on that one.
Or how many people went from a push to a W.

I remember one from last year with Florida State and Clemson I think. Same exact thing and not only did it effect the spread but it changed the over/under too.

This is why I only bet moneyline. Payouts are less, but it’s more of a sure thing. Especially when betting against the Cats vs anyone decent, sad to say.

This is why I only bet moneyline. Payouts are less, but it’s more of a sure thing. Especially when betting against the Cats vs anyone decent, sad to say.
I’d take a top 25 teams and give the points vs the Cats right now all day.

That’s hard too though . Especially in basketball with all the blowouts
I’ve made money all year beating the over on the opposing teams leading rebounder against the hornets, they are one of the worst rebounding teams in the league, and whoever is on the opposing team almost always goes over. And I find that betting on The luka over hits a lot to for points and rebounds

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Yes props can be profitable too, especially when parlayed. Like that dude who hit a six leg parlay on first basket scored in NBA games. Won $130,000 on a 50 cent bet. Long odds for sure, but not nearly as long as a lottery ticket.
NBA especially, I can Steven adams o/u six points sometimes, all he has to do is make 3 dunks virtually with ja morant that a given and plenty of others like that our there

I’ve made money all year beating the over on the opposing teams leading rebounder against the hornets, they are one of the worst rebounding teams in the league, and whoever is on the opposing team almost always goes over. And I find that betting on The luka over hits a lot to for points and rebounds
Man I did that with Brook Lopez against the Hornets and he end up with 4 smh . All he needed was 7

Luka 1H props have been money most of the year .

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
Man I did that with Brook Lopez against the Hornets and he end up with 4 smh . All he needed was 7

Luka 1H props have been money most of the year .
The hornets one has hit for me every time, as does luka. Steph curry does to, they put his over under at 2.r threes sometimes that’s basically begging to lose money to me

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Don’t blame me if this doesn’t work out for you, BUT…

The Bengals will beat the Ravens by much more than 6 points in the wildcard game. It doesn’t matter if Lamar Jackson suits up or not, the Ravens offense is broken and the Bengals have won 8 straight with one of the NFL’s best offenses.

It will be something like 31-17. I try not to bet on teams I like - but I think Vegas is nuts with this line. And they may alter it if they get word on which QB Ravens run out there.

Yes props can be profitable too, especially when parlayed. Like that dude who hit a six leg parlay on first basket scored in NBA games. Won $130,000 on a 50 cent bet. Long odds for sure, but not nearly as long as a lottery ticket.
That 50 cents went a long way and that is a lottery win.

Don’t blame me if this doesn’t work out for you, BUT…

The Bengals will beat the Ravens by much more than 6 points in the wildcard game. It doesn’t matter if Lamar Jackson suits up or not, the Ravens offense is broken and the Bengals have won 8 straight with one of the NFL’s best offenses.

It will be something like 31-17. I try not to bet on teams I like - but I think Vegas is nuts with this line. And they may alter it if they get word on which QB Ravens run out there.
If Lamar plays I can a 31-24 type of score, if it’s Huntley I agree take the bengals and the over

Reactions: CincyUKFan
Another safe bet would be the 49ers, they will hammer the Seahawks. 49ers @ 10.5, and the bills @11.0, are two I like. Even if tua plays. Minnesota @ 3.5 might be another one

Reactions: CincyUKFan
I would have taken Green Bay to win @home to get to the playoffs over Detroit playing for PRIDE. NFL is super tricky on purpose or ???

I don't understand why anyone bets on sports other than the occasional friendly wager between you and a buddy. It's just not a smart thing to do.

The ending of the Miami/NYJ game. Line was 3, Miami up by 3 with 5 secs and Jets had ball on the 30 yd line or something. They do the lateral thing multiple times and end up fumbling it out of the endzone for a safety as the runs out. Wonder how many people lost their shirt on that one.
A long time ago Steve Grogan of the New England Patriots took a intentional safety on the last play of game. It cost me big time, I quit betting for about 5 years after that.

I’d take a top 25 teams and give the points vs the Cats right now all day.
I did Saturday, I took Bama, first time I ever bet against CATS in my life. In the past I would just avoid bet if I liked the other side. This one was to easy to pass up.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Mentioned it in another thread, I ran a test on my model vs. Vegas this weekend. Picked 27 games where the line differences were highest - ended up 19-8 ATS.

Yeah I’m just saying mathematically that’s where I have it. Kentucky is trending the wrong way though, so that’s probably generous.
Yeah your model is good, no doubt everytime you post it, the model is pretty accurate. I’m just seeing another blowout Saturday

Reactions: Aike
ADVERTISEMENT