ADVERTISEMENT

Graphic during football game

southvillecat

Sophomore
Mar 21, 2009
They were talking about basketball schools having good football seasons and showed a graphic that had Kentucky as 4th in all time wins. Did I see that right?

Anything they can do to prop up UNC and Duke. Will that game be televised this year? And if so, what channel?

Reactions: chroix
It was a blatant f up by espn. I text 10 people and ask if it bias or just incompetence and the feedback was split. Either way, what a joke.

Reactions: howercat
It was referring to how many times the "basketball bluebloods" had started 3-0 in football.
That’s what the conversation was about. The graphic literally said “CBB winningest programs” and lister incorrectly but that’s likely due to all the Duke UNC love and employees that work there. Knowing Kansas took the lead this year and assuming their beloved programs are #2 and 3

Reactions: UKhoopCat
That’s what I saw as well.

Is ESPN incompetent or just trying to make UK look bad?

Let’s hope they are just incompetent.
It's not incompetence. If it was incompetence somewhere along the way they would show a graphic wrong that would have the numbers wrong in favor of UK. I've never ever seen this. This is intentional because they have a jealous hatred of UK basketball.

Really have to wonder if some of you are capable of reading and comprehending what the words mean. It’s a poorly designed and conceived graphic but the words are all there.

That’s what the conversation was about. The graphic literally said “CBB winningest programs” and lister incorrectly but that’s likely due to all the Duke UNC love and employees that work there. Knowing Kansas took the lead this year and assuming their beloved programs are #2 and 3
With the farce crackerjack diploma UNC alumni gets…it’s a wonder they get any stats right, but the Dukie nerds have to be laughing in the background.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Nothing to see here. Grow up.

It was a graphic. Nothing more. Cherry picked facts, much like some of the unscrupulous trash used by posters here. You can’t pick a couple of numbers and fully represent a program, coach or player.

Reactions: chroix
Shit wouldn’t happen if Cal didn’t go a whole basketball season winning nine games.
Coming from someone that has never won 9 games in their life. I am so thankful I don’t let COVID that crossed everywhere on this earth ruin my pleasure of being a fan. I am so excited for so many great moments that are on the way. You are a loser, plain and simple!
LOSER

Reactions: CatTough and UKLone
Shit wouldn’t happen if Cal didn’t go a whole basketball season winning nine games.
It has only happened once in a decade plus, but that is too many But no need to make it sound like it happens every day, How much you want to bet it happens this year?

Nothing to see here. Grow up.

It was a graphic. Nothing more. Cherry picked facts, much like some of the unscrupulous trash used by posters here. You can’t pick a couple of numbers and fully represent a program, coach or player.
Yes, but it looks like they tried, LOL.

Coming from someone that has never won 9 games in their life. I am so thankful I don’t let COVID that crossed everywhere on this earth ruin my pleasure of being a fan. I am so excited for so many great moments that are on the way. You are a loser, plain and simple!
LOSER
You’re the loser who makes excuses for a 9-16 season. Go buy your BJ Boston jersey after you get a booster shot you bum!

Yes, but it looks like they tried, LOL.
To generate clicks? Oh, yeah. It worked too. We gullible as crap. If you want to sell ads just mention Kentucky. You can post Kansas sucks rock, Kentucky and some loon will go off over mentioning Kansas first.

BUt thEreS nO bIAS aGaiNsT uS!

If you think this was some mistake.. lmfao.
Some of our own fans believe that too.

“hey guys. No one is out to get us. Higgins didn’t really try to cheat us. Kansas and Duke aren’t getting special treatment from officials. UNC wasn’t protected from the NCAA. K and Williams and Wade and Self aren’t cheating.”

I saw it, what a bunch of fools. ESPN is becoming more of a joke each year. I almost think they do it on purpose just to get hits because they know BBN has a strong presence.
100% agree,they take their cheap shots on UK whenever opportunity presents itself.Anyone...ANYONE...that thinks ESPN doesn't show bias towards UK is naive or plain ignorant.

What really stinks is that when they do this (intentional or unintentional) it actually makes UK fans look bad because they act like we are overreacting and we are paranoid. “It’s just those crazy, delusional UK fans.”

I’m sure they screw up other stuff for other programs, but it happens to us over and over again. I mean, the graphic made me laugh more than anything. The issue with the app was infuriating. I about lost it.

ADVERTISEMENT