ADVERTISEMENT

Grant Nelson makes it official for Alabama

We need Bradshaw to return on schedule. If he doesn't then there is a problem.
I will say Bama has two very nice inside additions but they've also lost two veteran PGs in the portal, Bradley and Quinerly. That could be a big issue for them.
Bradshaw will play the 4.We need another center outside of Ugo.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
We could play DJ, Rob, Antonio, Justin, and Ugo/Mitchell at the 5 for a pretty nice small ball line up. But yeah, we'll be thin without Bradshaw back.

Yeah I worry about rebounding though. That is probably my single biggest concern for this season.

Not a fan. Which, of course, means he'll go off on Kentucky for 21 and 10. I think he can play, but I just dont think he's a game changer. We will see, though.

Reactions: YouKay
Bradshaw will play the 4.We need another center outside of Ugo.
If Bradshaw starts at PF, I'm not sure it will matter who plays the C position. In that case I fear the team will start at such an offensive disadvantage at the 4 compared to the better teams that the guy manning the Center spot couldn't make up for it.

If Bradshaw starts at PF, I'm not sure it will matter who plays the C position. In that case I fear the team will start at such an offensive disadvantage at the 4 compared to the better teams that the guy manning the Center spot couldn't make up for it.
So you think there will be several guys at the 4 better than Bradshaw ? Maybe I read your post wrong. If so, list them. Bradshaw is pretty damn good. The NDS guy played against less competition than the elite US and International teams Bradshaw faced. And dude shot 27% on spot up wide open 3s. He played against 6'7 guys he was half of a foot taller than, not to mention several slow and unathletic post players.

So you think there will be several guys at the 4 better than Bradshaw ? Maybe I read your post wrong. If so, list them. Bradshaw is pretty damn good. The NDS guy played against less competition than the elite US and International teams Bradshaw faced. And dude shot 27% on spot up wide open 3s. He played against 6'7 guys he was half of a foot taller than, not to mention several slow and unathletic post players.
No, the NDS guy played against significantly better basketball players than Bradshaw. The way his team traveled it’s true that Bradshaw played against some good 17-18 year olds. But that’s vastly different than 21-23 year old Div. I (or even Div. II) college players. Moreover as a high school player in NJ, Bradshaw’s competition was also a lot of 15-16 year olds and, more than that, kids who will never get on the floor for even a Div. III college team. High school class ranking, “talent,” projected draft position, etc. has little to do with who is the most impactful college basketball player today.

And as for who will be a better college PF than Bradshaw next season, I would say basically every starting PF in the SEC – plus probably Justin Edwards and maybe Thiero and Burks.

No, the NDS guy played against significantly better basketball players than Bradshaw. The way his team traveled it’s true that Bradshaw played against some good 17-18 year olds. But that’s vastly different than 21-23 year old Div. I (or even Div. II) college players. Moreover as a high school player in NJ, Bradshaw’s competition was also a lot of 15-16 year olds and, more than that, kids who will never get on the floor for even a Div. III college team. High school class ranking, “talent,” projected draft position, etc. has little to do with who is the most impactful college basketball player today.

And as for who will be a better college PF than Bradshaw next season, I would say basically every starting PF in the SEC – plus probably Justin Edwards and maybe Thiero and Burks.
LMAO you think a guy that this time next year will be signing a lotto pick contract is the worst starting PF in the SEC. That is beyond irrational in any regard. I hope you realize that if you are going to say such nonsensical things. Bradshaw was the #1 recruit in the nation arguably ( though I think Wagner is head and shoulders above the rest IMO ) . Bradshaw's ceiling is 1st team AA BUT most importantly his floor at worst is 2nd team SEC . He will average 10 pts 7 rebs for us without doing much beyond dunking and shooting 3's . Not to mention he is an eraser on D.

But we do need another center just in case since Bradshaw even when he is back is a stretch 4 not a 5.

LMAO you think a guy that this time next year will be signing a lotto pick contract is the worst starting PF in the SEC. That is beyond irrational in any regard. I hope you realize that if you are going to say such nonsensical things. Bradshaw was the #1 recruit in the nation arguably ( though I think Wagner is head and shoulders above the rest IMO ) . Bradshaw's ceiling is 1st team AA BUT most importantly his floor at worst is 2nd team SEC . He will average 10 pts 7 rebs for us without doing much beyond dunking and shooting 3's . Not to mention he is an eraser on D.

But we do need another center just in case since Bradshaw even when he is back is a stretch 4 not a 5.
Don’t you understand by now that both high school recruiting rankings, future NBA draft projections and even the actual NBA draft position are based on potential, not the current impact a player has or will have on winning at the college level. Nothing you said matters in regard to how impactful Bradshaw will be in college next season playing the PF position - for his supposed benefit, not the team's, by the way.

Bradshaw is a stretch-4 in his dreams - which he may reach those dreams in a few years, but I don't think he can get there in one year. He would actually be much, much more beneficial at the Center spot for UK.

He plays as weak as his mustache.

Just kidding, I wanted him at UK but Mitchell is probably a better fit. We need some strength and size

Reactions: G-PIP
He plays as weak as his mustache.

Just kidding, I wanted him at UK but Mitchell is probably a better fit. We need some strength and size
Obviously I don't know for sure, but I think Mitchell may be a little safer pick. Maybe a higher floor, but probably a lower ceiling.

Reactions: wardlow

Who did Nelson play against that is so good ? Bradshaw has played against elite talent all over the world. He had played up against older players also. Lol, I can't take you serious with who you listed as better at PF. Your mind is made up. But just as a little exercise is debate, who is the PF for Ole Miss ? You don't know, but he is better than Bradshaw lol. Hate much ?

Who did Nelson play against that is so good ? Bradshaw has played against elite talent all over the world. He had played up against older players also. Lol, I can't take you serious with who you listed as better at PF. Your mind is made up. But just as a little exercise is debate, who is the PF for Ole Miss ? You don't know, but he is better than Bradshaw lol. Hate much ?

Bradshaw is definitely the cess pool portion of the fanbases whipping boy before the season even starts.

Yeap. For the simple fact he got hurt playing in the McDonalds game. He planned it all, committ to UK, get hurt, have surgery, then catch hell from the cesspool part of the fanbase. I can see why SOME kids don't want to come here. Why put their self thru that. The kid has shown nothing but to be a outstanding young man, but never Happy Hals decide before he even plays to shit on him. I would say it amazes me, but I have been around too long and have seen it all. Honestly I wouldn't blame the kid if he came out and said "I'm audi, this place has some really shitty fans." But they will be sloobing on his knob the 1st game he drops 20 and 10. "I told everyone Bradshaw was a stud.", watch. It will happen.

Nelson played against college players. To play at the Div. I level you had to first be a really good high school player. Then they got in college, developed their skills much more and matured physically and basketball smarts wise. Bradshaw played against a lot of adolescents. And even if he played against the most talented kids in high school, "talent" in that context is just another word for future potential, that's all.

And no, I don't know who is going to be playing PF for all the SEC teams. My point is that regardless of who it is, I think there is a good chance most if not all will be more impactful to winning than Bradshaw who is being shoehorned into the PF spot - which, by the way, seems to be at the insistence of his representatives and for his perceived benefit, not the team's.

I think Bradshaw likely could help the team much more at the Center position. That doesn't mean I don't recognize his upside. But I don't believe that he's going to get near that upside as a freshman at UK. So, let him help where he can help best. That's my opinion. If he proves me wrong fine. I'll be happy if UK is winning.

Last edited:
Nelson played against college players. To play at the Div. I level you had to first be a really good high school player. Then they got in college, developed their skills much more and matured physically and basketball smarts wise. Bradshaw played against a lot of adolescents. And even if he played against the most talented kids in high school, "talent" in that context is just another word for future potential, that's all.

And no, I don't know who is going to be playing PF for all the SEC teams. My point is that regardless of who it is, I think there is a good chance most if not all will be more impactful to winning than Bradshaw who is being shoehorned into the PF spot - which, by the way, seems to be at the insistence of his representatives and for his perceived benefit, not the team's.
There it is. Reading rumor mills again. Bradshaw is best suited for the pf spot. He has a inside outside game. He is not known as a banger, you know like Nelson isn't. But one question, if all those pf's that Nelson played against in his stout ass conference was soooo good, how did they end up there ? Half rhe guys he faced can't walk and chew gum at the same time. Do yourself a favor and scout the players in his conference. Agree to disagree.

People like to use Reevws last game against him, Nelson's against powerhouse Oral Roberts (not in Baseball though) , he had 9 points on 3-10 shooting and 5 FIVE rebounds.

Honest question - who will the media rank as a better college basketball player at the PF position? They usually have preseason picks, who will they select as the top 3 PF’s in the SEC this year? Will Nelson or Bradshaw be ranked higher by the press?

Honest question - who will the media rank as a better college basketball player at the PF position? They usually have preseason picks, who will they select as the top 3 PF’s in the SEC this year? Will Nelson or Bradshaw be ranked higher by the press?
Don't know will have to wait and see. I would guess neither. Bradshaw has never played in the SEC and Nelson came from the Summit. But I do know that Bradshaw was ranked #1 CENTER recruit coming to the SEC this year by 247. So we never get that answer as he may be considered a center by media.
Also media had Wheeler preseason 1st team all sec, so they are not the gospel. He should have been, but didn't end up that way obviously.

Last edited:
Don't know will have to wait and see. I would guess neither. Bradshaw has never played in the SEC and Nelson came from the Summit. But I do know that Bradshaw was ranked #1 CENTER recruit coming to the SEC this year by 247. So we never get that answer as he may be considered a center by media.
Also media had Wheeler preseason 1st team all sec, so they are not the gospel. He should have been, but didn't end up that way obviously.
Also I would say Tolu Smith will be #1. Johnny Broome are Auburn and Tyler Brazile from Arkansas would be up in the top few also at PF.

We just need Ugo to play defense which is his specialty. We have plenty of scorers around him.
We need Ugo to play defense AND stay out of foul trouble while doing so, which has so far NOT been his specialty.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT