ADVERTISEMENT

Goodman Giving Excuses For Ratface and Duke

Goodman's a tool. I hate Duke, but I usually pull for them over U6, but it really frosts me when they can get Bagley eligible so quickly. Not another school in the country could've done that. Well probably UNC. Screw both of them.

Actually, if you read the article Goodman is pointing out that K has a group full of freshman that are not as invested in the program the way their coach is accustomed to. Goodman is the worst but he’s simply saying Duke’s players are more worried about their draft stock than playing as a team.

Actually, if you read the article Goodman is pointing out that K has a group full of freshman that are not as invested in the program the way their coach is accustomed to. Goodman is the worst but he’s simply saying Duke’s players are more worried about their draft stock than playing as a team.
So basically, he's blaming the players instead of K not being able to change their mindset or get them to put team first. What a tool.

Goodman has no experience with the OAD, so unti he does, his comments are garbage.

ESPN has really gone down in regards to its insiders. They are hiring clown after clown.

Reactions: Mike-D and brianpoe
Do you think he’d give Calipari the same pass due to youth and NBA aspirations if we were to lose a game like they did yesterday? Absolutely not, just furthers the proof that Duke plays by a different set of rules on and off the court. Such a joke.

He literally 100% writes as if he is a duke beat writer. He defends duke at every turn spins every single thing involving duke into a positive. He’s dukes Howie Lindsey, except he covers the national college basketball landscape. It’s laughable.

Reactions: brianpoe
That is no way a pass. (that was a dig on K) People said that about Cal all the time. It gives coaches a black eye recruiting kids if those kids are only thinking about the NBA while 70% of the kids on a roster won't get to go pro.

TEAMMATES FIRST

college should mean something.

Reactions: Smashcat
Be warned, the K apologists will be over here shortly to try to hijack your thread. They already did that to the thread talking about how K was complaining of having no bench.

I think the idea of objective news media finally died in 2017. Sports, politics, whatever. It's an obsolete notion. Everyone has a perspective, a bias, an agenda. No one is neutral. I think the sooner everyone figures that out, the better off we'll all be.

Goodman's a tool. I hate Duke, but I usually pull for them over U6, but it really frosts me when they can get Bagley eligible so quickly. Not another school in the country could've done that. Well probably UNC. Screw both of them.

With everything that's happened the last 2.5 years, I don't understand how any Kentucky fans can hate a school more than Duke right now.

UofL isn't negative recruiting, they aren't getting away with cheating, they aren't beating us out for top5 players. They aren't keeping us from a title.. in fact, they've helped us get better seeding and advance to two Final fours.

I get that it's a rivalry, and many here know 100x the UofL fans than they know Duke fans.. but honest to god, they are a non-factor. We should be sending them thank you notes.

Reactions: docholiday51
I think the idea of objective news media finally died in 2017. Sports, politics, whatever. It's an obsolete notion. Everyone has a perspective, a bias, an agenda. No one is neutral. I think the sooner everyone figures that out, the better off we'll all be.
Sadly, you are much closer to 100 percent correct than I wish. I blame most of the demise of the news media and ESPN on 24 hour cable tv and social media sites like Twitter. These stations have to fill 24 hours a day with something now. They have learned that controversy and argument makes that easier to do than actually spending time/money searching for legitimate news stories. All it takes now is a couple of clowns and a pretty face to sit behind a desk and argue or read off of a teleprompter.
And now all forms of brain dead low-life have access to Twitter and the whole world population to let us know about any idiotic thought that crosses their tiny pea brains 24-7. I am old enough to remember the 30 minute a day national news with Walter Cronkite. To this day, I have no earthly idea what his political affiliation was. He was a true journalist who only reported the facts of the day.

I tend to remember a line of “you made your bed” when a group of mostly freshman lost. I doubt you’ll ever see something written like that if Duke drops a few more
Well. Cal made the mattress now K has to lay on it. It's will always be Cal's fault, he and Stern created the OAD

Reactions: kats23
Dont forget Duval as well, Cal didn’t even try and recruit him!

WE knew it before, but on October 13, 2017, any discussion of possibly it not being true was totally done away with. There is no level playing field. The truth does not matter. If you are a protected class, you can do anything you want. The biggest cheating scandal of all time was totally excused. If UK had been excused, the media would have said and would still be saying, that UK got away with the greatest travesty of all time in sport. Meanwhile, there is no mention of anything for the CheatingDeanSmiths. Duke is not as protected as the CheatingDeanSmiths...no school is. They are a close second. Duke has too much integrity to stoop as low as the CheatingDeanSmiths did. WE need to stop worry about the protected class. WE will never be in it. All we can do is to try our best to win and stop listening to the national media. I stopped listening to the national media October 13th. I will watch a game on the tv but with NO SOUND. I am not interested in their agenda. Try it...it will lower your blood pressure, stress, and anger level.

With everything that's happened the last 2.5 years, I don't understand how any Kentucky fans can hate a school more than Duke right now.

UofL isn't negative recruiting, they aren't getting away with cheating, they aren't beating us out for top5 players. They aren't keeping us from a title.. in fact, they've helped us get better seeding and advance to two Final fours.

I get that it's a rivalry, and many here know 100x the UofL fans than they know Duke fans.. but honest to god, they are a non-factor. We should be sending them thank you notes.
This pretty well sums it up,the only thing to add is that collectively UNC and Duke along with the NCAA have done more damage to college basketball than OAD,UL,hookers and shoe companies combined

its not the conference road game its the popcorn state that should have won and texas and florida..whatevs we shall see what they really are as the season goes on. and BC has been hot garbage coming off a 9-23 season.

WE knew it before, but on October 13, 2017, any discussion of possibly it not being true was totally done away with. There is no level playing field. The truth does not matter. If you are a protected class, you can do anything you want. The biggest cheating scandal of all time was totally excused. If UK had been excused, the media would have said and would still be saying, that UK got away with the greatest travesty of all time in sport. Meanwhile, there is no mention of anything for the CheatingDeanSmiths. Duke is not as protected as the CheatingDeanSmiths...no school is. They are a close second. Duke has too much integrity to stoop as low as the CheatingDeanSmiths did. WE need to stop worry about the protected class. WE will never be in it. All we can do is to try our best to win and stop listening to the national media. I stopped listening to the national media October 13th. I will watch a game on the tv but with NO SOUND. I am not interested in their agenda. Try it...it will lower your blood pressure, stress, and anger level.
That's what I do. Mute is awesome. You don't have hear their garbage. I have been doing that for years now.

gfp.jpg

special_delivery.jpg

That is no way a pass. (that was a dig on K) People said that about Cal all the time. It gives coaches a black eye recruiting kids if those kids are only thinking about the NBA while 70% of the kids on a roster won't get to go pro.

TEAMMATES FIRST

college should mean something.
Too funny. :joy:

What do you mean excuses ? Since the greatest team in the history of college basketball lost , I guess they just happened to play mighty Boston College the greatest basketball team in the history of the universe. How else could mighty duke get beat.

ADVERTISEMENT