ADVERTISEMENT

Good Read on Ashton Hagans !

HICATFAN

All-SEC
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2001
Kailua, Hawaii
I think this kid will bring a lot ....I really look forward to seeing him in Blue & White!!!

AlohaCat

UK commit Ashton Hagans an “aggressive defender”
by Larry Vaught

ImuamLjgiaBjvoAMBVoqG9xNo84mEcNvev_lIjvZCn70IJfq3-LiXV9E30FJyKkgbRs2lcY4d-3VDJUzLnOGkroyo07w7l2NSOkhJ-NZ1ENkOSORksWdnJYdtK9rwp3iuayKkaJ6ZF2eG0tFVYo=s0-d-e1-ft

Ashton Hagans
By LARRY VAUGHT

Rivals.com basketball recruiting writer Krysten Peek believes that Georgia five-star guard Ashton Hagans has one quality Kentucky fans are going to really like.

“One thing that definitely stands out to me is Ashton doesn't take games off. He plays hard all the time and kind of reminds me of (Alabama point guard) Collin Sexton that way,” Peek said. “He just loves the game and wants to win every time he steps on the court.

“Sometimes at this level you see players who know they're talented and know they can be the best player on the court but they choose to take plays off or even full games off sometimes. That drives me crazy.”

Kentucky signee Keldon Johnson has a similar no-nonsense approach that could work well with Hagans if he is able to re-classify from the 2019 to 2018 recruiting class as he hopes.

Kentucky could return sophomore point guard Quade Green to go with signees Immanuel Quickley, a point guard, and Tyler Herro, a two guard. Redshirt freshman Jemarl Baker, a shooting guard who had a knee injury last season, is also expected back.

While there has been some speculation that Green might transfer, Peek believes Calipari could make the crowded backcourt work.

“Kentucky now has too much talent in the backcourt and that is a great problem to have. Finding the right duo for the job and getting the chemistry right will be the biggest challenge next year,” Peek said.

“Ashton is one of the most aggressive defenders I've ever seen play the game and he's super explosive on offense. He has a tight handle like Shai Gilgeous-Alexander but will still need some developing at the next level. I think Quickley and Quade can player either the one of two but Ashton is a pure point guard.”

Hagans will replace SGA at point. He fits what Cal likes out of his point guards. Green may start early but Hagans will be handed the reigns by the time SEC rolls around.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Hagans will replace SGA at point. He fits what Cal likes out of his point guards. Green may start early but Hagans will be handed the reigns by the time SEC rolls around.
Green isn't going to have to be completely awful for that to happen. Which no one sees coming. We saw the ground floor last yr. I expect to see him take it up another level. All that said, I could see him starting along side quade, and not starting for him. Cal is going to give him every chance to fail similar to the twins situation. They were returning starters and we all lobbied for more playing time for ulis. Cal wasn't going to pull Andrew at any time similar to quade. Had green not been injured, cal wouldn't of not started him.

Reactions: awf
Green isn't going to have to be completely awful for that to happen. Which no one sees coming. We saw the ground floor last yr. I expect to see him take it up another level. All that said, I could see him starting along side quade, and not starting for him. Cal is going to give him every chance to fail similar to the twins situation. They were returning starters and we all lobbied for more playing time for ulis. Cal wasn't going to pull Andrew at any time similar to quade. Had green not been injured, cal wouldn't of not started him.

Quade will get his chances but he’ll get nowhere near the rope of Andrew Harrison.

Quade didn’t make a run all the way to the championship game. Also didn’t share a womb with our most clutch tourney shooter ever. It just isn’t the same.

Quade will get his chances but he’ll get nowhere near the rope of Andrew Harrison.

Quade didn’t make a run all the way to the championship game. Also didn’t share a womb with our most clutch tourney shooter ever. It just isn’t the same.
Fair enough. I'm just looking at it through cals perspective. Same can be said with diallo this yr. The majority of our fans wanted to see him benched halfway through the yr. I'm glad cal stuck with diallo and gave him his chance its addition by subtraction for next yrs team.

Reactions: JonathanUSAF
Not sure Ashton watches much UK basketball though. Reporter for USA Today asked if Quade coming back changes anything about reclassifying and he said “no because I like how Quade plays. We can play together because he’s a dog on defense and will guard you tough full court”

Not sure Ashton watches much UK basketball though. Reporter for USA Today asked if Quade coming back changes anything about reclassifying and he said “no because I like how Quade plays. We can play together because he’s a dog on defense and will guard you tough full court”

You should pull up the clips of Quade guarding Colin Sexton.

Ah the Twins canard. They only got us to a title game as freshmen, and 38-1 and a Final Four as sophomores. Dumbass Cal, right?

Freshmen Tyler ulis wasn't nearly as good as soph ulis. Harrison was the better option that season.

There were some games later in the season where Green was absolutely tenacious on defense, so I'm guessing hagans has seen more than you.

What?

So Green is going to start with Quade? [laughing]

ADVERTISEMENT