ADVERTISEMENT

Good news on the way !!!!!!

Totally disagree. Some people value having guys for four years as much as winning. If we are gonna flame out as we have the last 3 years with no real relative success what's the point? I mean we could have a lottery for next UK coach and they are good on avg for a sweet sixteen based on our program to begin with.
No one values having guys here 3-4 years as much as winning or Tubby would still be here. A fair amount of posters here have a championship or you’ve failed mentality.

I believe Cal doesn't want injuries and bad play limiting him anymore so he is trying to fill the roster. I don't see anyway that we don't return at least 2 of PJ, JV, Gabe and Green. I like Green, but the guys we need most in order are PJ, JV(If 100 healthy) and Gabe. Although I would about tie Gabe and JV. So if we do return 2 at least which is what I believe we have at min. 4 returning players which is enough to go with all these freshman to win it all. Of course I could be wrong. I would love to have them all back of course and the only one that if he is thinking straight would actually leave is Green and that's only if Maxey and Hagans both join next year.

PJ is a coaches son, can't imagine with the weak draft coming and what a step forward could mean he would go to try to be a 2nd round pick. JV has no choice, it's probably undrafted or Ky. Gabe could do so much by staying one more year. Grad Ky, move into first round next year or leave this year for overseas and be even farther from his family. In the end I think all 3 return and 4 if Green can just ride it out and no he will play. Except the challenge and fight. That would give us 6 returns which would be huge. Cal like he did with KK I'm sure has advised them to stay, that's all he can do. He's being proactive and giving himself other options so we are not left short o with a team that can't shoot or rebound. He is trying to build the best team he can with pcs that fit. It's on the kids now and we need kids who want to be back. Nick could have sulked and after Montgomery said screw it I'm leaving, hell SKJ played more than he did, but he committed to the process. The others need to do the same.

Need to have MORE than one guy working on posting up AND scoring during the season you can count on to hit free throws if the other guy isn't. Thought Knox would have been good at that instead of just being a gunner from the outside all the time.

Am I the only one who doesn't see the value of a slow, short, shoot first pg? I mean he lost his job, never came thru on the recruits he said he could get. If Quade was any good he would remain and fight it out like players on other teams have to. Quade can do one above avg, that is shoot...that said when it mattered most, his shooting was non existent. I still remember the Stoopid play at the end of the game that sealed our doom. Receiving a pass with 16ticks left to take a moving 3, airball when all he had to do was reverse the ball to PJ low and Knox on wing open? 12 seconds left im gonna shoot even though I hadn't hit a shot in over ten minutes. If he transfers, that's on him and himself. Just like SKJ, you don't ever deserve minutes, you earn them...five great plays from SKJ in two years. His transfer was decided months ago, you could tell way he acted on bench, who knows maybe that's why Cal didn't want to play him, maybe they just aren't UK material

Totally disagree. Some people value having guys for four years as much as winning. If we are gonna flame out as we have the last 3 years with no real relative success what's the point? I mean we could have a lottery for next UK coach and they are good on avg for a sweet sixteen based on our program to begin with.

Like I said, if PJ leaves, Cal can go with him for all I care. I’m done with this crap.

The most knowledgeable fanbase in college basketball.....

If this is true, how absolutely stupid can other fanbases be?

One and Dones, haven't got the job done as far as National Championships. Three different coaches have won 2 National Championships in the last 9 years, even though we had the No. one recruiting class 8 years in a row. Even the program down the road won one. Don't tell me about past coaches at UK. They never had this kind of recruits for 8 or 9 years, in a row. I haven't given up on Cal, but I fully understand why some people have. Most of us don't want to see Duke pass us, so we need to Hang No. 9.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

If you understand why most have, please join them. Quit watching, you will be better off

It is really hard to win a championship without key veterans. This year was out of the norm with such an easy path but Cal couldn’t capitalize. Can’t believe he got out coached by Bruce freaking Webber!

Calipari did not get out-coached by Webber....lol. Our players simply got outplayed by Kansas State. Cal warned them, but they still didn't bring their A+ effort for 40 minutes. Sometimes Coaches get way to much credit for wins & losses.

A 30% shooter hitting 5 3's and PJ missing 15 free throws is coaching?

Come on.

I do agree, but the one area I don't understand......

WHEN YOU SHOOT FREE THROWS, YOUR EYES NEED TO BE AT THE RIM. TRY LOOKING WHERE YOU ARE GOING TO SHOOT THE BALL. IT HAS HELPED PLAYERS HIT SHOTS SINCE SKUFFY MCGEE.

You'd agree with that surely? I mean looking at the ground for 8 seconds then chucking up a brick should be a signal, no?

And hell, you're supposed to look at the back of the rim, with Pj I would have settled for anywhere around the rim. You would have thought Cal would have walked over and said - Pj, it's hard to hit free throws when you're acting like the goal is at your feet.

bothered me all year, and then cost us in the tournament. Confirmation bias? Maybe. Or maybe it's the truth.

The most knowledgeable fanbase in college basketball.....

If this is true, how absolutely stupid can other fanbases be?

Dont confuse our fanbase with Rafters. St. Louis Cardinals and Kentucky Wildcats are some of the most knowledgable fan bases in sports. I've been around a lot of people, they just seem to understand the game more so than others.

Reactions: BassProCat
Poor Cut Nets new username (Rinse Repeat) has been banned again. He's on like his 20th moniker. Poor fella gets the hammer not long after he gets started lol. The mods are on to him. The posting style makes it so obvious. [roll]

Reactions: Mike-D and brianpoe

WHEN YOU SHOOT FREE THROWS, YOUR EYES NEED TO BE AT THE RIM. TRY LOOKING WHERE YOU ARE GOING TO SHOOT THE BALL. IT HAS HELPED PLAYERS HIT SHOTS SINCE SKUFFY MCGEE.

You'd agree with that surely? I mean looking at the ground for 8 seconds then chucking up a brick should be a signal, no?

And hell, you're supposed to look at the back of the rim, with Pj I would have settled for anywhere around the rim. You would have thought Cal would have walked over and said - Pj, it's hard to hit free throws when you're acting like the goal is at your feet.

bothered me all year, and then cost us in the tournament. Confirmation bias? Maybe. Or maybe it's the truth.

Shooting is repetition and muscle memory. Especially free throws. Telling PJ to change what he's doing when he's already struggling in the NCAA tournament would have been a disaster.

If he shoots his yearly percentage, we win. So it wasn't a problem with the form he'd had all season. It was an anomaly.

I'll just give you one stat to make you come back to reality...nova has been to 2 sweet 16's in 9 years..lol

Nova's last 5 years:

#1 seeds: 3
#2 seeds: 2
Less than 2 seed: 0

So yeah, they've won 2 National Titles and failed to get to the Sweet 16 the other 3 years, but they've been a top 5 ranked team and a NC contender for 5 straight years. You can laugh at the 3 early exits, but its still one of the great 5 year stretches in the modern era.

Sweet 16s are fluky and don't mean you had a good season, would you rather be a bubble team that gets a lucky Sweet 16 (i.e. Syracuse), or go into the tournament with a top 5 team and a real chance to win a title?

I shot between 87-92% through HS & College both and never put my eyes on the rim at the line until I was ready to begin my shooting motion. I had a friend shoot upper 80s through college and never looked at anything but the rim. Everyone is different. It’s more routine and muscle memory than anything. PJ just needs practice and a lot of it.

Reactions: morgousky
Shooting is repetition and muscle memory. Especially free throws. Telling PJ to change what he's doing when he's already struggling in the NCAA tournament would have been a disaster.

If he shoots his yearly percentage, we win. So it wasn't a problem with the form he'd had all season. It was an anomaly.

Target shooting (guns) uses muscle memory as well. You still need to look where you're shooting.

I have a time believing great minds have been wrong for 100 years.

Pj could have improved by simply putting his eyes in the correct place. I've seen plenty of kids work on their mechanics and be better free throw shooters to know.

I shot between 87-92% through HS & College both and never put my eyes on the rim at the line until I was ready to begin my shooting motion. I had a friend shoot upper 80s through college and never looked at anything but the rim. Everyone is different. It’s more routine and muscle memory than anything. PJ just needs practice and a lot of it.

It's not myth.

You might have just been a really good free throw shooter. When you're great at something you don't need the mechanics in the same way. Outfielders in the major leagues don't need two hands to catch a ball, but a kid still learning the game who isn't great at anything needs to. Michael Jordan can shoot them blindfolded. I understand muscle memory.

Pj isn't a great free throw shooter. He needs to use what he can. No reason for a guy like him to stare at the floor.

My opinion anyway.

Reactions: Blue_2_the_bone
Dont confuse our fanbase with Rafters. St. Louis Cardinals and Kentucky Wildcats are some of the most knowledgable fan bases in sports. I've been around a lot of people, they just seem to understand the game more so than others.

Thanks... :rolleyes:

Don’t confuse an attempt at insulting specific stupid remarks with a generalized comment as not understanding the difference of fans in total versus the personalities on message boards of which I have been participating with for 20 years now.....

Poor Cut Nets new username (Rinse Repeat) has been banned again. He's on like his 20th moniker. Poor fella gets the hammer not long after he gets started lol. The mods are on to him. The posting style makes it so obvious. [roll]

the "mama's basement" posting style is pretty transparent.

dude probably walks around the house dressed like blankman.

Thanks... :rolleyes:

Don’t confuse an attempt at insulting specific stupid remarks with a generalized comment as not understanding the difference of fans in total versus the personalities on message boards of which I have been participating with for 20 years now.....

Oh I didn't mind helping you. No need to thank me. We're essentially related, so we give each other advice and whatnot. Share each other's stories and bank accounts. Just a family.

Reactions: brianpoe
Two overstated, inaccurate descriptions of fan bases of teams that do historically well:

• Most knowledgeable (sorry Morgous)
  • Most loyal/faithful (in the face of what?)

If you understand why most have, please join them. Quit watching, you will be better off

Do you think that's a reason to quit watching, just because a loudmouth like you said so. I've been watching UK since you were just a gleam in your dad's eye. I just don't want to see Duke take over second place. Evidently you don't care. When you start supporting with your money, not just your mouth, I'll listen to you.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Do you think that's a reason to quit watching, just because a loudmouth like you said so. I've been watching UK since you were just a gleam in your dad's eye. I just don't want to see Duke take over second place. Evidently you don't care. When you start supporting with your money, not just your mouth, I'll listen to you.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

I wouldn't go there dude. I missed 5 games this year. You might have been a fan since I was still in dad's sack but I'll guarantee I've seen more UK games than you. No sweat

I think it's funny you care more than me bc I choose to not bitch and cry on the internet. No I've just competed before, there's ups and downs, can't bitch and cry about it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT