ADVERTISEMENT

Good news on the way !!!!!!

With how weak 2019 draft is supposed to be PJ would be a fool not to wait one year. That's not from my fandom point of view, but money wise for him. Maybe not get drafted 1st round this year or possible lottery pick next year. I mean use your head. I have to assume he will and will be back.
We say this every year "this class is weak", "the draft next year is going to be weak", "college basketball is so weak this year". None of that is true and there's no way anyone knows what the strength of next years draft is going to be at this point in time. Especially when we have no idea who is reclassifying or who is jumping to the league. Plus there are players like Shai that come out of nowhere.

But if the draft, recruiting classes and college basketball are "weak" every year, shouldn't we just say that they are just average?

When was the last strong college basketball season, draft or recruiting class? 1983? We've called them all "weak" every year since then.

I feel like the game is getting better (minus officiating) and I feel like incoming players are so much better than they used to be because there are so many camps, training programs and summer leagues that these kids are involved in prior to coming to college.

Your done with a lot . You wanna talk Kentucky basketball but say your done with this crap. Which is it. If your done see ya . You sound like a bandwagon fan to me. I bet you jumped off the wagon last year during the 4 game skid. Then I bet you were pumping your chest out during the sec tourney . You guys are the worst .
Well, YOU'RE 1 for 4 in this post with the use of the word "your".
Yet YOU'RE calling someone a moron?
You have no sources, YOU'RE just slinging crap at the wall and hoping it sticks.

It's not the roster turnover that fans are upset about, it's just the reason fans give. The real reason is Cal made 4 Final Fours in his first 6 years, and 5 elite eights. Since we have had 1 elite eight. Yea, make no mistake about it, if we had a final four this year, and a championship last year, the fans wouldn't be complaining, at all.

As soon as we cease getting the results we like, as fans, we all chip in our 2 cents on how to achieve them. I would expect PJ to be back, or he would be the first real freshman to go without being a first round draft pick.
No, it's the roster turnover. Starting over from scratch every season takes more patience than the BBN has.
Heck, I don't know if there's a single fan base out there that would enjoy starting over from scratch with a new team every year.
It wasn't as tough to take when we were getting John Wall, Cuz, AD, Jones and Randle, but we aren't getting those guys now, but our players are still leaving. Yeah, that's frustrating.
You said the extreme obvious when you said we would all be fine had we won a title in '17 and made the FF this year. Heck, we would all be jumping for joy if we won the title in '17 and simply made the sweet 16 in '18.
We get it, when you're a first rounder with a future in the league you should go, but when you're Briscoe, Orton, Teague, PJ, Lamb, Humphries or Diallo and you leave it severely handicaps our program. Replacing veteran players with 15-40 rated high school kids that are also going to leave after 1 year is very frustrating, especially after another 10 loss season with a badly missed FF opportunity.

Ok if that’s the case the results as you claim. What about the rest of the years before CAL????? No one has had the run and results like Cal! Fans need to be grateful and enjoy the run! We’ll get to more final fours and a championship before he’s done. He’s too competitive not to adjust! He likes winning
You make a good point, but what most of us are seeing is the missed opportunities due to the early departures.
Tubby and BCG were below par coaches and terrible recruiters. We now have an absolute stud recruiter and a guy that coaches extremely hard, yet kids leaving early has created a program that constantly has to start over with young teams every year and young teams will choke more times than not in the NCAAT.
I'll ask you this, if Cal had really good veteran players mixed in with a couple of his typical 5* freshmen, how successful do you think he would be? How many titles do you think he would have? I bet it would be more than 1.
That's what's frustrating.

Everyone be patient there is 2 recruits coming in the next few weeks imo. Have also heard pj could very well keep his name in the draft. Shai will announce for the NBA Monday and hami will do the same. Imo Vanderbilt is back for sure. They key to me is getting pj back. We can absorb the loss of Knox and shai. But pj would be a big blow. He makes next years team really good.
How about the games he won't feel like playing? Will he put the work in to hit free throws?

Any thread with "in my opinion" multiple times in the OP shouldn't be presented with the title you gave it.

Unless you're just looking for your insider attention.

But then you cry when people call you out on being wrong and act like that's why people don't share information here. No. They're calling you out for doing this.

Ok if that’s the case the results as you claim. What about the rest of the years before CAL????? No one has had the run and results like Cal! Fans need to be grateful and enjoy the run! We’ll get to more final fours and a championship before he’s done. He’s too competitive not to adjust! He likes winning

Yea, my point is that Cal set the bar very high his first few years, and thus the last couple of years seem down. If you look at history, Cal and his methods are producing results on par or better than our historical trends.

No, it's the roster turnover. Starting over from scratch every season takes more patience than the BBN has.
Heck, I don't know if there's a single fan base out there that would enjoy starting over from scratch with a new team every year.
It wasn't as tough to take when we were getting John Wall, Cuz, AD, Jones and Randle, but we aren't getting those guys now, but our players are still leaving. Yeah, that's frustrating.
You said the extreme obvious when you said we would all be fine had we won a title in '17 and made the FF this year. Heck, we would all be jumping for joy if we won the title in '17 and simply made the sweet 16 in '18.
We get it, when you're a first rounder with a future in the league you should go, but when you're Briscoe, Orton, Teague, PJ, Lamb, Humphries or Diallo and you leave it severely handicaps our program. Replacing veteran players with 15-40 rated high school kids that are also going to leave after 1 year is very frustrating, especially after another 10 loss season with a badly missed FF opportunity.

It's a bit funny when you say nobody can blame first rounders for leaving, then list a couple first rounders as examples of guys that should have stayed.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Intelligent conversations ... lmao... cal has won more tourney games , more games , been to more final 4's and had more kids drafted than anyone since 2009. If you can't get behind that and are done with this crap like you said go cheer for someone else. Cause your an idiot
“Cause your an idiot” = pot meet kettle.

Yea, my point is that Cal set the bar very high his first few years, and thus the last couple of years seem down. If you look at history, Cal and his methods are producing results on par or better than our historical trends.

It's a bit funny when you say nobody can blame first rounders for leaving, then list a couple first rounders as examples of guys that should have stayed.
Yeah, they were first rounders, but they didn't sustain it, that's why I listed those players.they weren't high first round picks, those type of players return for at least their sophomore seasons at every other program.

Well, YOU'RE 1 for 4 in this post with the use of the word "your".
Yet YOU'RE calling someone a moron?
You have no sources, YOU'RE just slinging crap at the wall and hoping it sticks.
:joy::joy::joy: This guy is really mad .... sorry you don't know anyone you're the moron sir. Is that the right one.

Reactions: mailman85
:joy::joy::joy: This guy is really mad .... sorry you don't know anyone you're the moron sir. Is that the right one.
This post makes even less sense than your last one.
But hey, congrats for you spelling "you're" correctly for once.
I may not have a source, but at least I'm not coming here and lying to everyone on the board by telling them that I do.

This post makes even less sense than your last one.
But hey, congrats for you spelling "you're" correctly for once.
I may not have a source, but at least I'm not coming here and lying to everyone on the board by telling them that I do.
I'm so lying ... you got me

Reactions: mailman85
Yeah, they were first rounders, but they didn't sustain it, that's why I listed those players.they weren't high first round picks, those type of players return for at least their sophomore seasons at every other program.

Have taken a gander at the last couple of years with players leaving?? They are leaving at every program, save a couple of outliers. But we've had outliers too. They don't leave anymore quickly at UK than they do anywhere. Saw the other day that 142 underclassmen have declared so far this year. That means 141 from other schools. And I bet nobody on this board can name more than a few of them. So, wrong, it does happen everywhere. And Teague and Orton both got paid, a lot. But they could use that degree that would get them a $35,000/yr job, versus the millions they made just by signing their name.

Have taken a gander at the last couple of years with players leaving?? They are leaving at every program, save a couple of outliers. But we've had outliers too. They don't leave anymore quickly at UK than they do anywhere. Saw the other day that 142 underclassmen have declared so far this year. That means 141 from other schools. And I bet nobody on this board can name more than a few of them. So, wrong, it does happen everywhere. And Teague and Orton both got paid, a lot. But they could use that degree that would get them a $35,000/yr job, versus the millions they made just by signing their name.
Okay, yes, other schools have early departures too, but are you going to tell me that there is anyone more affected by it than UK? We are always one of the 3 youngest teams in the country, if not THE youngest.

They don't leave any more quickly at other schools than they do here??? You're kidding right?

Also, there are more than 142 D1 schools out there (351 I believe) so it's not happening at evey school and lets not just cherry pick this year. We aren't done losing guys from this years team, there's still time. For all we know there could be 4 more that will jump.

Okay, yes, other schools have early departures too, but are you going to tell me that there is anyone more affected by it than UK? We are always one of the 3 youngest teams in the country, if not THE youngest.

They don't leave any more quickly at other schools than they do here??? You're kidding right?

Also, there are more than 142 D1 schools out there (351 I believe) so it's not happening at evey school and lets not just cherry pick this year. We aren't done losing guys from this years team, there's still time. For all we know there could be 4 more that will jump.

Of course there is more than 142 schools, that wasn't the point. The point was that there are only 30 first round picks, yet 142 declared and over 40 have already signed agents.

Now of course UK is one of the 3 youngest teams every year, because they recruit multiple guys that fall in that could go and make money after one year range. There is only so many top 50 players, 50 to be exact. Not every school can get multiple guys in that range, in fact, most schools can't get any guys in that range.

Of course there is more than 142 schools, that wasn't the point. The point was that there are only 30 first round picks, yet 142 declared and over 40 have already signed agents.

Now of course UK is one of the 3 youngest teams every year, because they recruit multiple guys that fall in that could go and make money after one year range. There is only so many top 50 players, 50 to be exact. Not every school can get multiple guys in that range, in fact, most schools can't get any guys in that range.
UK is able to bring in a new crop of freshmen every year because there are so many early departures.

There might be 142 schools that are losing underclassmen THIS year, but how many of those 142 are going to lose 3 or 4 underclassmen next year, the year after and after that?

It's fine if you lose 1, 2 or 3 underclassmen 1 season, but it's occurring at UK every season.

No other school is losing Isiah Briscoe type players.

If Orton, Teague, Lamb and Humphries are at any other school, they stay through their senior years, but not at UK.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
OP is the Caneintally of recruiting.

I bite everytime with the optimism.
I am so lost on what this is trying to say. LOL that I am optimistic? I don't see myself as that at all. But I guess compared to some on here ( the people who thought we were an NIT team ect ) then anything would look that way. But as I said a few pages back its not like the OP is saying anything that isn't common knowledge so even if he is just reading the inside info on HOB or another site and pasing along info , at least in this case, he will most likely be right. And he isn't being a punk about it either way so who cares. It was the way Conn was behaving that pissed people off , at least me , not that he was claiming to have inside info. People claiming to inside info is like people being very negative ( Ulismyman) or very positive ( kwilt or smooth) you just accept it as part of the game . And sometimes they really do and end up legends like the guy who played with Gabriel and posted he was going to commit the day he did. Things like that make the board HOF like the DOOR.

I am so lost on what this is trying to say. LOL that I am optimistic? I don't see myself as that at all. But I guess compared to some on here ( the people who thought we were an NIT team ect ) then anything would look that way. But as I said a few pages back its not like the OP is saying anything that isn't common knowledge so even if he is just reading the inside info on HOB or another site and pasing along info , at least in this case, he will most likely be right. And he isn't being a punk about it either way so who cares. It was the way Conn was behaving that pissed people off , at least me , not that he was claiming to have inside info. People claiming to inside info is like people being very negative ( Ulismyman) or very positive ( kwilt or smooth) you just accept it as part of the game . And sometimes they really do and end up legends like the guy who played with Gabriel and posted he was going to commit the day he did. Things like that make the board HOF like the DOOR.

Haha, i appreciate you man. Just glad you stay positive

PJ is an undersized power player that can play the 4 or 5. EJ is a long, lean 3-4 tweener. His game is similar to Skal's, in that they like to face the basket, not post up. PJ is the opposite.
I have seen you mention Skal in comparison to EJ and he does have some similar skills. However the aggression level is nowhere the same. If Skal had a grown up stateside in a basketball family like EJ, had not of taken off a season and a half due to a crappy handler we would be talking about Skal in a completely different light. EJ Rebounds way better has range out to 3 but he is a go getter that understands coaching. Their is a big reason the kid has climbed up most rankings as high as 6 in some rankings. A much more complete inside outside player than Skal also better handles

Reactions: seccats04
UK is able to bring in a new crop of freshmen every year because there are so many early departures.

There might be 142 schools that are losing underclassmen THIS year, but how many of those 142 are going to lose 3 or 4 underclassmen next year, the year after and after that?

It's fine if you lose 1, 2 or 3 underclassmen 1 season, but it's occurring at UK every season.

No other school is losing Isiah Briscoe type players.

If Orton, Teague, Lamb and Humphries are at any other school, they stay through their senior years, but not at UK.

Do you know which coach has never up until this point never lost a freshman that wasnt selected in the first round?? Yea, it's Cal, not K or a couple of others. Coach K beat Cal to doing that.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Kinda starting to think the PJ staying in the draft noise is being leaked to help with us getting EJ or Wiseman to reclassify. Til he signs with an agent expecting him back

2012 was sick with shooters liggins 40 percent from
I guess most of these fans that are on here shooting out these posts about PJ staying in the draft are fans that are upset on what they heard earlier today that Kevin Knox is headed to the NBA. We all knew this year that Knox, SGA, and Diallo was 90% or higher heading to the NBA. At one point earlier in the season before SGA took over and started playing outstanding ball at PG we thought he could be a 2-3 year player. At end of the season we all were saying that Knox and SGA would enter the draft and hire an agent. We also thought since Diallo was wanting to leave early last year that he would go to the NBA. So many discussion talked about the 3 players leaving in Knox, SGA, and Diallo so for the fans that are upset on what they heard this afternoon needs to get over the Knox to NBA.

We all know that we have heard from PJ's dad on coming back if not in the 1st round of the NBA Draft. I believe that we all have been out on most of the NBA Mock Draft Boards and most if not all doesn't have PJ in the Top 60 draft board. The only 2 players currently from UK in the 1st round on most of the Draft Boards is Kevin Knox at #11 or #12 and SGA right behind Knox in the Lottery picks. I saw today Diallo has now fallen in the 2nd round of the draft and some doesn't have him in either the 1st round or 2nd round. We also know from PJ and his dad on the many discussions about staying at UK if not in the 1st round. I believe that PJ wanted to participate at the Combine and see what they say for him to come back and work on for next year at Kentucky and see where he currently stands. I also on how much PJ did improve this year if he continues to play great basketball next year he would be in the 1st round and maybe at the end of the Lottery picks. The 2019 as we all have heard is very weak draft for the NBA and PJ could really benefit from this as will Vanderbilt and Gabriel. There is too many fans on here upset on the Knox decision and starting throwing posts out there this late afternoon and evening on PJ. Vanderbilt, Gabriel, and PJ all know they have plenty to work on and if they do this they can very well go I the 1st round of a weak 2019 NBA Draft and could possibly be a late lottery pick and I am sure Cal has touched on this with all three of them for next year.

I do wish that Vanderbilt & PJ go ahead and get these surgeries completed so they can rehab and get ready early for the 2018-2019 season. With the backcourt having Green, Baker, Quickley, Herro, and Hagans and in Frontcourt having PJ, Vanderbilt, Gabriel, Richards, SKJ, Johnson, and EJ Montgomery. That would be 12 strong players with 5 in the backcourt and 7 in the frontcourt and what is important having 6 returning players to go with our Freshman class. This will still be a Top 5 team next year and will also be exciting with the amount of shooters that we will have next year on the team. I don't believe Coach Cal had this many shooters at UK since he took over in 2009-2010. IT will be another great year and if we can get these players to come back to go with the Freshman we will do fine next year.
2012 we were sick with shooters liggins shot 40 percent from 3, Miller shot 40 percent from 3, lamb 50 percent from 3, Wiltjer 40 percent from 3

Money is still 36k max. Nothing has dramatically increased. Only difference is the two way contract

Unfortunately, with the NBA turning the G-League into a minor league system, and dramatically increasing $$ for 2nd-round picks, there is a ton of incentive to bolt if you're confident you'll get drafted, especially if you never wanted to stick around school in the first place.

The reality is that you will get better in the G-League than at school, financially you'll be much better off as well.

Won't shock me at all if PJ leaves. Trent is probably going to do the same thing.

That's fine we have enough fans . Don't let the door hit you on the way out. There's a program down the road you can root for if you like 4 yr players

One and Dones, haven't got the job done as far as National Championships. Three different coaches have won 2 National Championships in the last 9 years, even though we had the No. one recruiting class 8 years in a row. Even the program down the road won one. Don't tell me about past coaches at UK. They never had this kind of recruits for 8 or 9 years, in a row. I haven't given up on Cal, but I fully understand why some people have. Most of us don't want to see Duke pass us, so we need to Hang No. 9.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Do you know which coach has never up until this point never lost a freshman that wasnt selected in the first round?? Yea, it's Cal, not K or a couple of others. Coach K beat Cal to doing that.
That's outside of what we're discussing. We're talking about rebuilding the roster every year with a young team. The discussion was never about freshmen that were taken in the first round.

Plus, this is more about the sophomores that left and went to the GL or back home or transferred.

But now we are starting to go down a different path. Now we're not getting the John Wall and Anthony Davis type players, but they're still leaving. That's not a good scenario.

ADVERTISEMENT