ADVERTISEMENT

Good news on the way !!!!!!

If you did not care, you wouldn't have responded. Plus using intelligent back and forth and circle jerk in your response is pretty funny.

That’s false, people respond to people they don’t care about all the time. I’m not going to argue with people about how to be a fan. If you want to talk UK basketball fine. If you want to argue how to be a fan, I’m done with that argument. Anyone on either side goes on ignore that does that.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
Still unclear to me why PJ would even go thru the process with a broken finger. If not at his best, what good is going to come from the feedback he gets? If he's such a lock to come back why doesn't he just have the surgery, give the hand plenty of time to heal, and be 100% for the summer trip? Cal and the staff don't know what he needs to improve?

I was under the impression that PJ came here to be a 2AD, thus this would make total sense.

If he goes this season then somebody made an awful decision... either a team that drafts him in round one and if not, then PJ himself.

Lucky for me, I don’t give two craps what you think about the way I support our program. Notice I said program not just the coach. And I’ve got plenty of people to talk basketball with on this website. There’s plenty of people that have your same opinion. You all can sit and circle jerk while I have intelligent back and forth with people who want to discuss the program. Welcome to ignore.
Intelligent conversations ... lmao... cal has won more tourney games , more games , been to more final 4's and had more kids drafted than anyone since 2009. If you can't get behind that and are done with this crap like you said go cheer for someone else. Cause your an idiot

Please stop pretending you’re somebody.
You sound mad ? Im sorry you dont know anyone . You sound salty, if I don't know I will make another wager . If Ashton hagans commits to Kentucky you don't post again and if he don't I won't post here again . Deal ?

“Heard PJ may stay in the draft”

A risky prediction but with a good Payoff when trying to be an “insider”
There’s already been slight* “whispers” that PJ will declare (I still think he returns) but predicting him to declare based off his father’s/ circles comments isn’t really to much of a reach.

As far as topic on hand? I REALLY want Hagans. I would love to see him and Herro on the floor together.

Lastly, why do people feel the need to pretend to be an “insider” and have “sources?” What gives? Why not just talk/ discuss/ critique UK basketball: recruiting like the rest of us ? Is it in hopes that if their obscure, but not to crazy prediction comes true then other posters will see them as “credible?”
If you all can't comprehend that certain people on this board actually know people who are connected to the program. You know it is possible . Just like hitting the lottery. It's like you all get mad for someone saying what they heard. Which is why this board gets worse and worse. I have been told a lot of stuff that turned out to be wrong but I have got a lot of great info that has been spot on . It comes with the territory. Hell people that cover this stuff for a living have been flat out wrong numerous times. It's the nature of the beast. And the recruiting part changes day to day for some kids. It's so funny watching posters get mad . I make sure I put imo now cause I don't want you all crying saying he's talking in certainty or fact.

That’s false, people respond to people they don’t care about all the time. I’m not going to argue with people about how to be a fan. If you want to talk UK basketball fine. If you want to argue how to be a fan, I’m done with that argument. Anyone on either side goes on ignore that does that.
Your done with a lot . You wanna talk Kentucky basketball but say your done with this crap. Which is it. If your done see ya . You sound like a bandwagon fan to me. I bet you jumped off the wagon last year during the 4 game skid. Then I bet you were pumping your chest out during the sec tourney . You guys are the worst .

Reactions: CatfanMike47
To the PJ nonsense I am not worried in the least. This is like when briscoe went pro as a freshman . We all knew he wasn't even close to be 1st rounder and he was coming back. PJ and his dad are too smart for this but it is very smart to get evaluated by the scouts and get to talk to teams about what you need to improve on . I think Richards,WG and SKJ should do this as well. Of coarse the LOD minority on here would lose their crap on if they did . JV can't due injury and surgery I believe.

As far whether the OP has inside info or not I don't really care. If he is lying he never comes off as an ass and if he is telling the truth then I appreciate it . z71 is all good in my book regardless. I have always gotten the impression he was genuine but sometimes put his info out there too early and it burned him and when you are proven wrong on here , even if the info was true at the time you shared it, people won't let you live it down. But its not like he is telling us stuff we don't know. EJ and Hagans will be cats soon . I think most of us saw this coming .

A team of Quick/Green/Johnson ( a top 10 player in the country IMO) / PJ and Vanderbilt with EJ,SKJ,Hagans,Herro,baker,SKJ , Gabriel and Richards is a top 2 team along with KU ( as long as Vick and Azuibuike return) . BUt yes if you take PJ away from that UK goes from being maybe the favorite to a top 10ish team at best. PJ is as important as TJ returning the year he did IMO.

That's fine we have enough fans . Don't let the door hit you on the way out. There's a program down the road you can root for if you like 4 yr players
No reason we should have to go be a fan of another team just because we want some continuity on the CATS. Losing players like PJ isn't an issue at any other school besides U.K. I fully expect for him to keep his name in the draft, lose SGA, Diallo, Gabriel, and somebody else to draft/transfer (maybe 2). Causing us to rely on all freshman again next year. It gets old when you the see teams that are winning the championships have a solid, veteran roster of role players with returning leadership. Fans are losing interest in roster turnover every year and not getting to build any kind of "bond" with the players/team before they're out the door.

No reason we should have to go be a fan of another team just because we want some continuity on the CATS. Losing players like PJ isn't an issue at any other school besides U.K. I fully expect for him to keep his name in the draft, lose SGA, Diallo, Gabriel, and somebody else to draft/transfer (maybe 2). Causing us to rely on all freshman again next year. It gets old when you the see teams that are winning the championships have a solid, veteran roster of role players with returning leadership. Fans are losing interest in roster turnover every year and not getting to build any kind of "bond" with the players/team before they're out the door.

It's not the roster turnover that fans are upset about, it's just the reason fans give. The real reason is Cal made 4 Final Fours in his first 6 years, and 5 elite eights. Since we have had 1 elite eight. Yea, make no mistake about it, if we had a final four this year, and a championship last year, the fans wouldn't be complaining, at all.

As soon as we cease getting the results we like, as fans, we all chip in our 2 cents on how to achieve them. I would expect PJ to be back, or he would be the first real freshman to go without being a first round draft pick.

Reactions: EliteBlue
A roster of hagans , herro, iq, baker, vando, johnson , Washington , green , Gabriel , skj, Richards and Montgomery is a damn good team

Why are people penciling in Montgomery and Hagans as if they’ve already committed? They haven’t. Hagans hasn’t even reclassified yet. Montgomery probably doesn’t come unless one of PJ/Vanderbilt/SKJ/Gabriel/Richards is gone. None of those guys wants to be a third string player. Think about it.

Also, it would be something of a miracle if UK returns the full lot of PJ/Vanderbilt/Green/SKJ/Richards/Baker/Gabriel.

I expect at least one of those guys to leave for any number of reasons ranging from transfer to staying in the draft.

If you all can't comprehend that certain people on this board actually know people who are connected to the program. You know it is possible . Just like hitting the lottery. It's like you all get mad for someone saying what they heard. Which is why this board gets worse and worse. I have been told a lot of stuff that turned out to be wrong but I have got a lot of great info that has been spot on . It comes with the territory. Hell people that cover this stuff for a living have been flat out wrong numerous times. It's the nature of the beast. And the recruiting part changes day to day for some kids. It's so funny watching posters get mad . I make sure I put imo now cause I don't want you all crying saying he's talking in certainty or fact.

I’m not mad. Nobody is mad.

It's not the roster turnover that fans are upset about, it's just the reason fans give. The real reason is Cal made 4 Final Fours in his first 6 years, and 5 elite eights. Since we have had 1 elite eight. Yea, make no mistake about it, if we had a final four this year, and a championship last year, the fans wouldn't be complaining, at all.

As soon as we cease getting the results we like, as fans, we all chip in our 2 cents on how to achieve them. I would expect PJ to be back, or he would be the first real freshman to go without being a first round draft pick.

You’re partially right it’s the combination of not retaining players and not winning championships. Cal the first 5 years was getting the top talent. When you have the Randall’s Davis’s Townes cousins etc you can make a run every year. when Kevin Knox is the best player of a highly rated class I think sweet sixteen may be the ceiling. Next years class unfortunately again lacks that elite Davis caliber type presence. At that point you have to return players or what the hell are we investing ourselves into?? An annual sweet sixteen and a major roster turnover??? No, uk fans for the most part are only ok with OAD if it’s a title contender every year. You could take farmer bob off the tractor, help him fill out his staff and get this program to sweet sixteens every year on average with 4 year players. Clyde was the only one who couldn’t accomplish that feat and the train wreck he was still fell ass backwards into the NCAA field. I mean it’s no coincidence that UK has won titles under 4 different coaches. Is it?

Uk and cal have only worked with elite talent. We ll see now if there is a second act where cal begins to recruit more multi year Charles Matthews type players. This upcoming season will be a defining one for cal at UK.

I guess most of these fans that are on here shooting out these posts about PJ staying in the draft are fans that are upset on what they heard earlier today that Kevin Knox is headed to the NBA. We all knew this year that Knox, SGA, and Diallo was 90% or higher heading to the NBA. At one point earlier in the season before SGA took over and started playing outstanding ball at PG we thought he could be a 2-3 year player. At end of the season we all were saying that Knox and SGA would enter the draft and hire an agent. We also thought since Diallo was wanting to leave early last year that he would go to the NBA. So many discussion talked about the 3 players leaving in Knox, SGA, and Diallo so for the fans that are upset on what they heard this afternoon needs to get over the Knox to NBA.

We all know that we have heard from PJ's dad on coming back if not in the 1st round of the NBA Draft. I believe that we all have been out on most of the NBA Mock Draft Boards and most if not all doesn't have PJ in the Top 60 draft board. The only 2 players currently from UK in the 1st round on most of the Draft Boards is Kevin Knox at #11 or #12 and SGA right behind Knox in the Lottery picks. I saw today Diallo has now fallen in the 2nd round of the draft and some doesn't have him in either the 1st round or 2nd round. We also know from PJ and his dad on the many discussions about staying at UK if not in the 1st round. I believe that PJ wanted to participate at the Combine and see what they say for him to come back and work on for next year at Kentucky and see where he currently stands. I also on how much PJ did improve this year if he continues to play great basketball next year he would be in the 1st round and maybe at the end of the Lottery picks. The 2019 as we all have heard is very weak draft for the NBA and PJ could really benefit from this as will Vanderbilt and Gabriel. There is too many fans on here upset on the Knox decision and starting throwing posts out there this late afternoon and evening on PJ. Vanderbilt, Gabriel, and PJ all know they have plenty to work on and if they do this they can very well go I the 1st round of a weak 2019 NBA Draft and could possibly be a late lottery pick and I am sure Cal has touched on this with all three of them for next year.

I do wish that Vanderbilt & PJ go ahead and get these surgeries completed so they can rehab and get ready early for the 2018-2019 season. With the backcourt having Green, Baker, Quickley, Herro, and Hagans and in Frontcourt having PJ, Vanderbilt, Gabriel, Richards, SKJ, Johnson, and EJ Montgomery. That would be 12 strong players with 5 in the backcourt and 7 in the frontcourt and what is important having 6 returning players to go with our Freshman class. This will still be a Top 5 team next year and will also be exciting with the amount of shooters that we will have next year on the team. I don't believe Coach Cal had this many shooters at UK since he took over in 2009-2010. IT will be another great year and if we can get these players to come back to go with the Freshman we will do fine next year.

Reactions: TJ4BigBlue

Ok if that’s the case the results as you claim. What about the rest of the years before CAL????? No one has had the run and results like Cal! Fans need to be grateful and enjoy the run! We’ll get to more final fours and a championship before he’s done. He’s too competitive not to adjust! He likes winning

I can't think of any reason why an 11 loss team should be losing so many players. I would've been fine with the results this year IF it was going to be a true bridge year and we returned most of our talent and only lost 2 at the most. As of now, that is very unlikely and I wouldn't be surprised to lose up to 7

Knox, SGA, Diallo, Washington, and maybe JV to draft, Gabriel overseas

One-two of SKJ, Green, Or Richards to transfer. That is a real possibility.

Reactions: kyjeff1
People who expect to win a title every year are just flat out absurd. People who expect to win a title once every 5 years are still crazy. We have 8 championships since NCAA titles were considered the "ultimate" prize. Which was like the 40s?? So 78 years and we have 8 titles, the team beating us only has 11. Men's College basketball championships are by far the hardest to come by in any sport because of March Madness and uncertainty of one game elimination. (The Nets could beat the Warriors one game.) If you're not happy with how successful Cal has been and don't like his methods go cheer for a mid major school that gives you the seniors you want. Hell go cheer for a power conference school such as Illinois, they probably have senior lauded teams too. Guess what you won't be enjoying the success of UK, Duke, UNC, or Kansas who all recruit one and dones. Villanova is a flash in the pan. Before these last 3 years they routinely sucked and barely made it out of the second round. Cal gives us the best chance to be in competition for a title year in and year out. No matter what the methods are I support Cal and UK 100%

If we take the last 9 years into account, Cal has always had a big time recruit commit right after a "let down" similar to this. Coach knows we're all crazy and hang on the decisions of 18-20 yr olds and keeps us going. In a week or two, a big time recruit will say he's wearing our blue next year and we can start having 17 new threads a day about who our starters will be.

People who expect to win a title every year are just flat out absurd. People who expect to win a title once every 5 years are still crazy. We have 8 championships since NCAA titles were considered the "ultimate" prize. Which was like the 40s?? So 78 years and we have 8 titles, the team beating us only has 11. Men's College basketball championships are by far the hardest to come by in any sport because of March Madness and uncertainty of one game elimination. (The Nets could beat the Warriors one game.) If you're not happy with how successful Cal has been and don't like his methods go cheer for a mid major school that gives you the seniors you want. Hell go cheer for a power conference school such as Illinois, they probably have senior lauded teams too. Guess what you won't be enjoying the success of UK, Duke, UNC, or Kansas who all recruit one and dones. Villanova is a flash in the pan. Before these last 3 years they routinely sucked and barely made it out of the second round. Cal gives us the best chance to be in competition for a title year in and year out. No matter what the methods are I support Cal and UK 100%

Cal set the bar on winning titles. Said day one wants to catch UCLA. He also said we “will always eat first”. The 8 championships in 90 years argument is very flawed. It doesn’t take into account that at minimum cal has had 75% of talent uk has seen alltime.

So more talent should translate to higher frequency of winning titles. Unfortunately it hasn’t and cals 1 title is in line with the overall historical trend for our program while he’s had 75% of the talent. That to me is underachieving. I don’tthink we should have 7 titles I think we should at minimum have two. I don’t expect cal to win a title every year but i do expect him to have uk in the thick of it every season. The last 3 seasons have been busts with the OAD. I believe cal is a great coach but as the tournament drags along he gets tight and we get bounced. 2014 makes sense bc that team was talent laden and they had nothing to lose going in as an 8 seed.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Am I the only one who pictured the OP's post like this??

Good-news-everyone_o_45468.jpg

I always enjoy when Z71 posts, I can remember a number of correct predictions he has made over the last several years. It seems we have a bunch of cannibals on this board that try to undermine any information that is posted. Keep posting Z71, your information is always appreciated.

Reactions: shep21754
Like I said, if PJ leaves, Cal can go with him for all I care. I’m done with this crap.
Maybe Cal will hire your to be his driver and you can leave too.....since you are done with the crap?

Plus Hagens will be really young freshman. Not understanding why all these kids reclassify?

....because like most young people they are in a damn hurry to grow up.......at least they think they are.......

PJ will be back. It's an evaluation to find out how scouts view his game. He will get a clearer picture of exactly where he stands with NBA execs and what areas to improve in his game.

It all depends on how fast they develop. Cal can’t afford to have to win it from the 4 seed or worse anymore. Hell even a 3. Next years schedule will be far tougher than this last one and high seeding is required to make runs. If we’re not on the 1 or 2 line we are not winning it and with that roster all we have is 1 year to win it before half leave and we replace with unknowns
That makes no sense, Cal took an 8 seeded UK team to the title game, which is a better accomplishment than every team he has had here except for 1.
The NCAAT is too unpredictable. If next years team has a bracket open up like our bracket did this year, they will get to the FF. That's if we don't lose PJ or anyone else not named SGA and KK.
There's no blueprint for young teams, they can either explode or dud.
But I am so ready for a 3 year rule. I've hated this one and done crap since the beginning. This is too much about the NBA for my taste.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Plus Hagens will be really young freshman. Not understanding why all these kids reclassify?

Really young freshman ???? That tells me you have no clue. Hagans is already 19 yrs old. He's older than Knox

Right. When you hear about a player reclassifying, it’s almost always back to the class he should’ve been by age. I got a kick out of it every time I heard an announcer mention Bagley and how “he should’ve still been playing high school basketball right now, he reclassified to get into this class.” We’ll thats technically true Bagley turned 19 before the NCAA tournament this year. By age he really should’ve been in this class. He’s older than Kevin Knox, Knox doesn’t turn 19 until August.

By the way Hagans isn’t 19 yet but he will be in July. This guy not only should be in this year’s class, he could’ve even been in last year’s class with Knox, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT