ADVERTISEMENT

Good news on the way !!!!!!

I would too, I’d be surprised if he doesn’t return, but wondering if PJ isn’t playing some games with the unpleasant segment of UK fans who harassed him on social media after the missed free throws.

I think many would be surprised how much the players dont care about the fans.
He is getting feedback.. if it is good enough for him he may jump. Which would be incredibly stupid in my opinion.

“Heard PJ may stay in the draft”

A risky prediction but with a good Payoff when trying to be an “insider”
There’s already been slight* “whispers” that PJ will declare (I still think he returns) but predicting him to declare based off his father’s/ circles comments isn’t really to much of a reach.

As far as topic on hand? I REALLY want Hagans. I would love to see him and Herro on the floor together.

Lastly, why do people feel the need to pretend to be an “insider” and have “sources?” What gives? Why not just talk/ discuss/ critique UK basketball: recruiting like the rest of us ? Is it in hopes that if their obscure, but not to crazy prediction comes true then other posters will see them as “credible?”

Which worse players should we have signed instead of them?

Good question. I believe though that in order to have a chance to win it all with the one and done guys, we gotta get the top 5 recruits. We're getting that next tier talent which will continue to equate to double digit loses, no final fours and gone after one year.

“Heard PJ may stay in the draft”

A risky prediction but with a good Payoff when trying to be an “insider”
There’s already been slight* “whispers” that PJ will declare (I still think he returns) but predicting him to declare based off his father’s/ circles comments isn’t really to much of a reach.

As far as topic on hand? I REALLY want Hagans. I would love to see him and Herro on the floor together.

Lastly, why do people feel the need to pretend to be an “insider” and have “sources?” What gives? Why not just talk/ discuss/ critique UK basketball: recruiting like the rest of us ? Is it in hopes that if their obscure, but not to crazy prediction comes true then other posters will see them as “credible?”

Figure that one out Frank and Dr. Phil will hire you. I've never seen the desires to "become something" on an internet site...

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
What position is PJ going to play in the NBA? A 6'7" PF with no shot, and can't hit freethrows. SGA we can afford to lose with Quickly, Hero and Johnson coming in, but with Knox leaving we need PJ back, or will have a front court of Gabriel, SKJ,and Richards. I don't even consider Diallo, he never wanted to be here in the first place, and contributes very little, other than 5 fouls.

At this point, I just assume any of them who have declared will leave. I am sure I am in the minority, but I don't see Shai being that effective in the NBA right now. Just not quick enough to get by NBA guards and very limited in shooting.
Shai is destined for the G league or over seas. Hope he has all his shots up to date.

What position is PJ going to play in the NBA? A 6'7" PF with no shot, and can't hit freethrows. SGA we can afford to lose with Quickly, Hero and Johnson coming in, but with Knox leaving we need PJ back, or will have a front court of Gabriel, SKJ,and Richards. I don't even consider Diallo, he never wanted to be here in the first place, and contributes very little, other than 5 fouls.

Diallo had a learning curve not unlike a lot of other freshman...he seemed to stick around for not liking to be at UK...

Good question. I believe though that in order to have a chance to win it all with the one and done guys, we gotta get the top 5 recruits. We're getting that next tier talent which will continue to equate to double digit loses, no final fours and gone after one year.

I agree we need a couple of elites.

EJ is ranked at 11and the #2 PF

Hagans is a top 5-7 player and Wiseman is a top 2.

Reactions: CatColumbia
but wondering if PJ isn’t playing some games with the unpleasant segment of UK fans who harassed him on social media after the missed free throws.
I would hope he is not that stupid. My life won't change one way or the other. He is the one that will pay the price of a bad decision, not us fans.

Some of the guys coming here have no interest, none, in playing college bball more than one year. Reagardless of their projected draft position.

Yet we have never had one freshman leave that wasnt a OAD..... so just speculation on your part?

It could very well happen but this statement is not factual at his time.

Reactions: Mojocat
I would hope he is not that stupid. My life won't change one way or the other. He is the one that will pay the price of a bad decision, not us fans.

Don’t go that far either. P.J. can be a great college player, much like the Villanova guys. Selfishly I don’t give a rats ass what happens to our guys or any players in college when they leave for the pros. I wish them the best but the university of Kentucky is where my allegiance lies. If we lose P.J. or anyone else besides Shai and Diallo, you can kiss our chances goodbye for next year.

Shai is destined for the G league or over seas. Hope he has all his shots up to date.

Ridiculous he had a great freshman season. He’s 6-6 with tons of length. He maybe a lotto pick with guarantee millions. He’s old school but to label him or Knox as gleague just isn’t accurate. Both will see lots of min in the nba over the years

Agree with you misty, sans Hami. I feel like it started to “clique” more towards the end of the season/ tournament.

With our history of SUPER young teams I’ll take an athletic returning nearly “3rd year” player

Reactions: brianpoe
I agree we need a couple of elites.

EJ is ranked at 11and the #2 PF

Hagans is a top 5-7 player and Wiseman is a top 2.
Hagans is difference maker imo. Wiseman is too much for me to think about. But if Hagans comes this year, UK has a PG that can change the game.
EJ with an improved (hopefully) frontcourt of Gabriel, SKJ, and Richards would give me a lot more hope for next year. UK's back court could be lethal if Hagans does come. Green, Quickley, Herro, Hagans, and Baker.

Hagans is difference maker imo. Wiseman is too much for me to think about. But if Hagans comes this year, UK has a PG that can change the game.
EJ with an improved (hopefully) frontcourt of Gabriel, SKJ, and Richards would give me a lot more hope for next year. UK's back court could be lethal if Hagans does come. Green, Quickley, Herro, Hagans, and Baker.

I agree, yet I still see plenty of issues if we lose anyone else outside of KK, SGA and Hami.

Right now, the only "good news" there could be for OAD weary UK basketball fans would be knowing they have a solid core of returning players to rely on for once, rather than having to depend on a group of incoming freshmen to carry the load, as is always the case.

No way PJ sees 1st Round.

I would really have to question PJ's dad if he advised his son to leave. Crazy and unnecessary risk.

It truly would be amazing if PJ and his father decided that playing in the G league would be better than returning to UK as the LEADER of a top 5 team.

Add to this the fact that PJ is in a similar situation as Patrick Patterson was when Cal arrived, except Patrick was further along. PJ has to KNOW that he lacks the perimeter skills and shooting to thrive in the NBA at his size. Cal will work with him on those areas of his game, while getting to use the BEST facilities and training staff in the country.

Another year at UK sure beats riding a bus through podunk, USA playing in front of NO ONE with ZERO exposure. Did he not hear what Derek Willis said about the G-League? IT SUCKS!!

Last edited:
Right now, the only "good news" there could be for OAD weary UK basketball fans would be knowing they have a solid core of returning players to rely on for once, rather than having to depend on a group of incoming freshmen to carry the load, as is always the case.

As to the OAD we havent lost more than 3 of them in any one season since 2010....

It truly would be amazing PJ and his father decided that playing in the G league would be better than returning to UK as the LEADER of a top 5 team.

Add to this the fact that PJ is in a similar situation as Patrick Patterson was when Cal arrived, except Patrick was further along. PJ has to KNOW that he lacks the perimeter skills and shooting to thrive in the NBA at his size. Cal will work with him on those areas of his game, while getting to use the BEST facilities and training staff in the country.

Another year at UK sure beats riding a bus through podunk, USA playing in front of NO ONE with ZERO exposure. Did he not hear what Derek Willis said about the G-League? IT SUCKS!!

Great post.

I'm not sure PJ will ever be as good as PP.

i wouldn't be surprised to see Washington go.

Vanderbilt probably comes back, but I wonder how much we can count on him? He hasn't played a full season in what 3 years?

I think Cal has to recruit with that in mind and just pretend Vanderbilt is never going to be healthy and if he is, it's bonus.

G Green/Quickley
G Hagans/Herro/Baker
F Johnson/Gabriel
F Vanderbilt/Montgomery
F Richards/Killeya-Jones

So, if Vanderbilt gets hurt again, you still have Montgomery and Gabriel that can play the 4.

Also, would be sweet if Wiseman reclassified and joined in.

G Green/Quickley
G Hagans/Herro/Baker
F Johnson/Gabriel
F Vanderbilt/Montgomery
F Wiseman/Richards/Killeya-Jones

If we lose Washington, I really hope we get Wiseman to reclassify.

Also, Wiseman has to come back as a Soph, unless the NBA changes the age rule. Be nice to know we have at least one stud back for sure.

Like I said, if PJ leaves, Cal can go with him for all I care. I’m done with this crap.

I guess PJ leaving isnt 100% a bad thing...

giphy.gif

No need to be petty

:rolleyes: Even if he’s “destined for the G league or overseas (way to early to tell ) I’m sure he won’t mind to much considering he’s gonna have a net worth of about $8 million dollars for playing for 3 years.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Good question. I believe though that in order to have a chance to win it all with the one and done guys, we gotta get the top 5 recruits. We're getting that next tier talent which will continue to equate to double digit loses, no final fours and gone after one year.[/QUOTE
Keldon Johnson imo, is top 5, Hagan's is a top 5 too....
Rankings are political, we see it with Tyler herro, once a 4star with Wiscy, now a five star w/uk... PJ is key, and don't discount Hami...he found himself and has a lot to prove. I find that he has the capability to play into a top ten draft position...but everyone says he never wanted to be here in the first place. Reality came to Hami, maybe Cal being his biggest cheerleader will pay off, Cal can say I started you and believed in you. Knox is gone, you will have the green light until I see any of your old habits pop up...his camp has been quiet, they called his mentor( a police sergent/detective??k ) he hasn't heard or been talking w Hami, and his former coach at Putnam...said 'it's his dream and he can taste it' but no yes or no. He went from late first round to fringe second late...I doubt but we will see.

Like I said, if PJ leaves, Cal can go with him for all I care. I’m done with this crap.

lol, imbecilic.

So if PJ stays then Cal shouldn’t be fired? But if he declares he should definitely be fired.
Do you realize how absurd that sounds?

Done with what crap? Being on one of it not THE best 9 year run in our entire programs history?
Sure there are disappointments... but it’s college basketball. There’s always going to be disappointments.
I don’t understand how people get this idea in their head that Kentucky has ALWAYS been absolutely #1 title favorites every year. That’s never happened. Ever. Maybe during the Rupp Years? Which is over a half a century ago.

I’m willing to bet you can’t name one feasible coach we should aspire to get if we do as you wish and fire Cal.

Gimme a list of 3 coaches.

Unfortunately, with the NBA turning the G-League into a minor league system, and dramatically increasing $$ for 2nd-round picks, there is a ton of incentive to bolt if you're confident you'll get drafted, especially if you never wanted to stick around school in the first place.

The reality is that you will get better in the G-League than at school, financially you'll be much better off as well.

Won't shock me at all if PJ leaves. Trent is probably going to do the same thing.
G-League right now is the professional sports equivalent of a scam. They lure kids to jump in based on what you said but very little of it is true. Coaching isn't even close to being college level so there is no way that player development is the same. I mean who would you rather learn the game from Coach Cal or Blake Ahearn? G League coaching might even be beneath high school level.

Salaries might be increasing but they are still absolutely pitful. And there's no indication of where the money will come from to increase them significantly. The NBA does not have the spare cash to make the staggering investment that would be needed to make any significant progress for player salaries.

Additionally it hurts players marketability. How many people follow the Timberwolves only because of Karl Towns? If KAT never came here then who the heck is Karl Towns? The G league will never be able to match that.

The G league is a low paying short time dead end street. It's the best way to waste your talent and end up working a Kroger's in a few years.

Don't get me wrong the G League has it's place but it's place is not a replacement for college basketball. The G League is at it's best when you have someone that played in college but isn't at this point good enough for the NBA. The G League gives them a place to keep playing while the continue to perfect what they learned in college.

Lucky for me, I don’t give two craps what you think about the way I support our program. Notice I said program not just the coach. And I’ve got plenty of people to talk basketball with on this website. There’s plenty of people that have your same opinion. You all can sit and circle jerk while I have intelligent back and forth with people who want to discuss the program. Welcome to ignore.
If you did not care, you wouldn't have responded. Plus using intelligent back and forth and circle jerk in your response is pretty funny.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Still unclear to me why PJ would even go thru the process with a broken finger. If not at his best, what good is going to come from the feedback he gets? If he's such a lock to come back why doesn't he just have the surgery, give the hand plenty of time to heal, and be 100% for the summer trip? Cal and the staff don't know what he needs to improve?

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
ADVERTISEMENT