ADVERTISEMENT

Good news on the way !!!!!!

z71sab

Junior
Oct 1, 2005
Everyone be patient there is 2 recruits coming in the next few weeks imo. Have also heard pj could very well keep his name in the draft. Shai will announce for the NBA Monday and hami will do the same. Imo Vanderbilt is back for sure. They key to me is getting pj back. We can absorb the loss of Knox and shai. But pj would be a big blow. He makes next years team really good.

I just don't get the PJ leaving at all. I mean the kid will barely be drafted with no guarantee this year.
Pj leaving is the type of loss that hurts us some years . The guy that should 100% stay but doesn't want to be left behind when everyone else in his class goes.

Teague, Dakari, Orton; All those guys would have been key players on the following years team but chose to take off and left a gap.

Everyone be patient there is 2 recruits coming in the next few weeks imo. Have also heard pj could very well keep his name in the draft. Shai will announce for the NBA Monday and hami will do the same. Imo Vanderbilt is back for sure. They key to me is getting pj back. We can absorb the loss of Knox and shai. But pj would be a big blow. He makes next years team really good.

Weren’t you outed as a fraud a few years ago? Pretty sure you were the guy who said Murray to Oregon was a done deal.

PJ is key to having some continuity and leadership.
Hami has been very quiet...he will be one of the first options, a yr under his belt and he may well play his way to top ten once again....wenyen continues his growth, becomes a true stretch 4. Did not look lost on D last 8 games.
SKJ continues his progression and develops his game 12ft in
Finally Nick Richards...need him to be the shot blocking rebounding machine and cleanup.
All our freshmen who we have and who we may gain are solid, maybe the 2or3 possible recruits will be our OAD, otherwise all are multi year solid players

Not really feeling the good news. Sorry. Just 2 more freshmen to replace some potential experience.

Be careful. I posted last week that PJ very well may stick in the draft. Some become very angry if you say this.
From what you posted here, it seems you have a pretty solid source of information, though I can not at all speak to the two recruits. I stay away from recruiting gossip. That is a whacky world.

Don't see that at all.You never know what freshmen will do and PJ has important experience we will need.
Well word is Montgomery is as good or better than PJ. A healthy Vanderbilt, a very good PG in Hagans, a junior Gabriel, a slasher like Johnson and shooters in Baker, Herro, Quade and Quickley. Plus Richards will improve. If you don’t think that has the potential to be a better team, don’t know what else to tell you.

Weren’t you outed as a fraud a few years ago? Pretty sure you were the guy who said Murray to Oregon was a done deal.

Nah, this guy has been correct MUCH more often than not. Maybe he missed a couple, but usually his stuff is gold. GOLD.

If PJ leaves and UK adds Hagans and Montgomery, they are better next year.
PJ is an undersized power player that can play the 4 or 5. EJ is a long, lean 3-4 tweener. His game is similar to Skal's, in that they like to face the basket, not post up. PJ is the opposite.

No way PJ sees 1st Round.

I would really have to question PJ's dad if he advised his son to leave. Crazy and unnecessary risk.
I would too, I’d be surprised if he doesn’t return, but wondering if PJ isn’t playing some games with the unpleasant segment of UK fans who harassed him on social media after the missed free throws.

Gotta think the two recruits are some combination of Hagans, Wiseman, and/or Montgomery.

Either way we will keep having seasons like this unless Cal gets his top targets. We missed on Barrett, Zion, Reddish, and Bol. For better or worse.

And even if we got those guys Cal will still be spending the entire season teaching them how to play defense and offense at the college level.

We need guys to start coming back.

That's fine we have enough fans . Don't let the door hit you on the way out. There's a program down the road you can root for if you like 4 yr players

Lucky for me, I don’t give two craps what you think about the way I support our program. Notice I said program not just the coach. And I’ve got plenty of people to talk basketball with on this website. There’s plenty of people that have your same opinion. You all can sit and circle jerk while I have intelligent back and forth with people who want to discuss the program. Welcome to ignore.

A roster of hagans , herro, iq, baker, vando, johnson , Washington , green , Gabriel , skj, Richards and Montgomery is a damn good team

It all depends on how fast they develop. Cal can’t afford to have to win it from the 4 seed or worse anymore. Hell even a 3. Next years schedule will be far tougher than this last one and high seeding is required to make runs. If we’re not on the 1 or 2 line we are not winning it and with that roster all we have is 1 year to win it before half leave and we replace with unknowns

No way PJ sees 1st Round.

I would really have to question PJ's dad if he advised his son to leave. Crazy and unnecessary risk.
At this point, I just assume any of them who have declared will leave. I am sure I am in the minority, but I don't see Shai being that effective in the NBA right now. Just not quick enough to get by NBA guards and very limited in shooting.

Please stop pretending you’re somebody.

Plus Hagens will be really young freshman. Not understanding why all these kids reclassify?
Hagans was born July 8th, 1999 believe it or not Knox birthday is August 11 1999...
Hagans is older. Really thought was why he stay another year. Both are turning 19 this summer. Also EJ is a college 4/5....he has been working on post moves..
EJ comes from a basketball family. Mom and Dad played and coached...both sisters play div 1 college basketball...he played against his sister's all his life and then he got taller. So he is more finesse than bruiser(great style for NBA)...
He is a tweener in the NBA, Justin Jackson....
Finally, Ej has been in the spotlight all his playing life starting in 7th grade,rated best 7, 8,9 and 10th, in the nation...always involved in us basketball and Nike grassroots leagues.
Many like him at an early age flame out, lose interest or don't grow. Like someone posted Skal with more skills, wonder if Cal will play him like that or force back to basket.
Only knock on EJ was taking off plays and not staying engaged on D, like a lot kids his age
Will he or won't he...more excited for Hagans...kid is a baller...

Last edited:
At this point, I just assume any of them who have declared will leave. I am sure I am in the minority, but I don't see Shai being that effective in the NBA right now. Just not quick enough to get by NBA guards and very limited in shooting.

Declaring isnt that big of a deal. If an NBA team is dumb enough to draft PJ 1st round what do you do?

I agree and stated as much about Shai all season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT