ADVERTISEMENT

Good game!

TheDude1

Sophomore
Apr 15, 2010
Good game! Seemed to me that the UK guys who returned are maybe a bit more of a mix of talented and athletic than the Duke guys who returned, and the UK guys in new roles are a bit more skilled AND athletic, and so able to impact the game a bit more this early in the season. Duke, on the other hand, has older guys in bigger roles who maybe aren't quite as A) skilled or B) athletic, and the new-role type of guys are not the top talents/top physical specimens that can really step in and contribute like some of the other recent freshmen.

Anyway, good stuff... I expect both teams will be a LOT different come March:)

I thought the key to winning tonight was slowing down Allen. Duke will be fine, but people underestimate the importance of Quinn Cook. Without him, Duke doesn't win a championship. Can Thornton, or someone else take control at the PG spot? This will determine whether Duke is a very good team, or a championship contender. I expect both teams to be better in March; here's to hoping for no injuries for either side.

Good game! Seemed to me that the UK guys who returned are maybe a bit more of a mix of talented and athletic than the Duke guys who returned, and the UK guys in new roles are a bit more skilled AND athletic, and so able to impact the game a bit more this early in the season. Duke, on the other hand, has older guys in bigger roles who maybe aren't quite as A) skilled or B) athletic, and the new-role type of guys are not the top talents/top physical specimens that can really step in and contribute like some of the other recent freshmen.

Anyway, good stuff... I expect both teams will be a LOT different come March:)
Good post Dude, very gracious. I think I agree completely with your assessment. Obviously I'm very pleased at the moment, but we all know that both these teams will look different in March. There was a lot of upside out there tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT