ADVERTISEMENT

Gonna say it now: Skal & Briscoe are going to make BBN....

catrecruit

Senior
Apr 14, 2006
Very happy! Stop fretting......Both extremely talented guys at their positions and we are going to LOVE their play next season

They also get the advantage of having several guys with experience to help them cut that learning curve down......Is it November yet? :D

Very happy! Stop fretting......Both extremely talented guys at their positions and we are going to LOVE their play next season

They also get the advantage of having several guys with experience to help them cut that learning curve down......Is it November yet? :D

I think most people are just cringing at our depth and bench or lack thereof...and rightfully so. Brown would have allowed Mulder to come off the bench (aka a scorer off the bench ala Booker), but now he probably has to start so we run a small 3 guard line up with Marcus Lee and Matthews off the bench...two guys who are not offensive players at all on paper. The starting line up should be pretty good IMO, but lack of depth and foul trouble will doom this team some nights and probably ultimately in the NCAA Tournament

I'm excited. I know Skal won't be Davis, but damn it's gonna be nice to have him anchoring down there. I think we will be quick and run. Skal, telling ya. Just pumped man. Can't wait.

I don't know where this crap is coming from about Skal.I haven't heard one person give a clear reason why he won't play.

My concern with Skal Is strength. Davis had terrence Jones to learn from and Harrelson had cousins and towns had dakari to all whip them into shape. Nothing against Lee but we don't have anyone to throw at Skal in the off season to get him used to the elites of the field. He will practice against Lee who's the same weight class but 3 inches shorter and poythtess who, while strong, isn't a post up guy to force Skal to learn how to defend against behemoths who can out muscle him.

It'd incredible the way Jones used to just abuse Davis in the beginning before BBM and by the first couple games Davis was a demi-God. I firmly believe it would have taken him longer if not for Jones and I hope we can find something to help Skal because he can be really great. I'm talking 17/10/3 type numbers on a good UK team.

My concern with Skal Is strength. Davis had terrence Jones to learn from and Harrelson had cousins and towns had dakari to all whip them into shape. Nothing against Lee but we don't have anyone to throw at Skal in the off season to get him used to the elites of the field. He will practice against Lee who's the same weight class but 3 inches shorter and poythtess who, while strong, isn't a post up guy to force Skal to learn how to defend against behemoths who can out muscle him.

It'd incredible the way Jones used to just abuse Davis in the beginning before BBM and by the first couple games Davis was a demi-God. I firmly believe it would have taken him longer if not for Jones and I hope we can find something to help Skal because he can be really great. I'm talking 17/10/3 type numbers on a good UK team.

Poythress? He was the strongest player on the team last year, gotta feel like he's going to be the strongest on the team next year. He's also a very good perimeter defender, and shot blocker.

So glad the rivals update set the children from UL, IU and UNC back loose on our forums
smiley-rolleyes010.gif

#Ignored

http://deadspin.com/report-skal-labissieres-shady-guardian-asked-how-to-pr-1657986321

It took a long time to find this. Just type his name into Google.

I shall sing you the songs of Cam Newton, child.
Cam Newton was dirty, and we all knew Cam Newton was dirty. He was dirty, and he had a college career stained with controversy, and Cam's dad accepted $200,000 from Auburn to play ball there. NCAA even found the money, but Cam said he had no knowledge of it whatsoever, thus, he had no involvement, and was eligible.

Enter Skal Labissiere, a kid who comes from Haiti in 2010 following the massive earthquake, which left him buried under his house. A guy comes from America, promising him a better life, and Skal takes it, just as anybody in that situation would.
No news of this for a very long time, until he commits to UK, and not Memphis. It isn't a day later, this article comes out, originally from Yahoo if I'm not mistaken, and it may have been written by Pat Forde, who is slightly notorious for his despise of UK.
Let's assume that the guy really did ask this, which nobody can actually confirm one way or another it seems. Did it suddenly make him a lot of money? Did Skal become a professional basketball player after Hamilton asked that? No. The only way that Hamilton could actually profit off the kid is through his AAU program, and as long as he's Skal's legal guardian, and Skal plays on that AAU team, while technically he would be profiting from Skal's abilities, he would actually be profiting from the AAU program, which is not illegal.

So no, tool, Skal's eligibility is not in question. He's an upstanding kid, who is known for good academics, and goes to a school known for good academics, and he's a kid that's been a victim of bad situation after bad situation. The NCAA wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole if there was even a reason to.

So glad the rivals update set the children from UL, IU and UNC back loose on our forums
smiley-rolleyes010.gif

#Ignored
Dude, I'm new to posting here but that doesnt mean everyone who posts something that isn't "Hail UK" is a troll. Skal does have eligibility issues that are pretty well documented. Although it thankfully appears he will be cleared, it's still something to talk about.

Dude, I'm new to posting here but that doesnt mean everyone who posts something that isn't "Hail UK" is a troll. Skal does have eligibility issues that are pretty well documented. Although it thankfully appears he will be cleared, it's still something to talk about.

Brando wasn't even talking about you?

Reactions: Brando Mac
Poythress? He was the strongest player on the team last year, gotta feel like he's going to be the strongest on the team next year. He's also a very good perimeter defender, and shot blocker.
Poy and Briscoe will be the strongest.

After the Kanter screw-job and practically turning a blind eye to UNC, it would take major nads for the NCAA to eff with us anymore

Love how the first posts of "certain individuals" is them wanting a UK player declared ineligible.

I remember when I used to want other teams players declared ineligible... when Tubby and Billy were here and we were getting flat smoked in recruiting and on the court. Must suck to not have a team or program that can hang with the big dogs.

I know he's strong but he's not a traditional big man. Jones would back Davis down and up and under him, hook shot and even bull him over and 2 hand dunk on him like he did his freshman year against Notre Dame. Poythress isn't that type of forward. He's an ally pop catching/put back big guy. Trying to defend a strong skilled big man down low every day is what skal needs. Hopefully poy can give it to him and poy can learn to go against such length

How many other teams in the NCAA are going to have the starting five all 5 star players with more on the bench?
Some people need to relax

In 2011, we were sunk without Kanter.

We had to rely on Harrellson, a guy who played less than Lee and not much more than Willis before that season started.

I remember saying that Terrence Jones would have to be our 5 man most of the time, because Harrellson wasn't good enough to man the 5 spot.

That 2011 team had less depth than this team. We had Disappearius Miller and Liggins for experience plus three 5-star Freshmen.

No depth, little experience, and a gaping hole in the middle.

Cal turned them into a Final Four team.

So why cry about "what if this happens or that happens..."

Just enjoy the ride and dream of number 9!

There's some sunshine pumped free of charge. Enjoy!

Love how the first posts of "certain individuals" is them wanting a UK player declared ineligible.

I remember when I used to want other teams players declared ineligible... when Tubby and Billy were here and we were getting flat smoked in recruiting and on the court. Must suck to not have a team or program that can hang with the big dogs.

Really? Whatever dude. I hope you feel better about yourself acting like an ass on a message board. Someone brought up the situation about his eligibility, and I posted a link saying it actually is an issue. And somehow that makes me a troll and hope that Skal is ineligible? o_Oo_O.

Not once did I say I wanted Skal to be ineligible. FYI just cause you have more posts on a forum does not make you a bigger/bigger fan.

ADVERTISEMENT