ADVERTISEMENT

GOLF thread

Presidents Cup week:
  • Thursday: 11:30 am - 6 pm (Golf Channel)
  • Friday: 1 - 6 pm (Golf Channel)
  • Saturday: 7 - 8 am (Golf Channel/NBC Sports App), 8 am - 6 pm (NBC)
  • Sunday: noon - 6 pm (NBC)
Streaming:
  • Thursday: 11:30 am - 6 pm (NBC Sports App)
  • Friday: 1 - 6 pm (NBC Sports App)
  • Saturday: 7 - 8 am (NBC Sports App), 8 am - 6 pm (Peacock)
  • Sunday: noon - 6 pm (Peacock
LIVE FROM:
DateGolf Central Live From the Presidents Cup*^
Monday, Sept. 234-5 p.m.
Tuesday, Sept. 2412-5 p.m.
Wednesday, Sept. 252-7 p.m.
Thursday, Sept. 266-8 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 276-8 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 286-8 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 296-8 p.m.

Broadcast Team

· Play-by-Play: Dan Hicks / Rich Lerner

· Analyst: Brad Faxon / Paul McGinley / Brandel Chamblee / Notah Begay III

· Holes: Curt Byrum

· On-Course: Notah Begay III / Smylie Kaufman / Jim “Bones” Mackay / John Wood

· Interview/Reports: Cara Banks / Damon Hack
2024 PRESIDENTS CUP ROSTERS
United StatesInternational
Captain – Jim FurykCaptain – Mike Weir
Assistant Captains – Stewart Cink, Kevin Kisner, Justin Leonard Brandt SnedekerAssistant Captains – Ernie Els, Trevor Immelman, Shigeki Maruyama, Geoff Ogilvy, Camilo Villegas
Keegan BradleyByeong Hun An
Sam BurnsChristiaan Bezuidenhout
Patrick CantlayCorey Conners
Wyndham ClarkJason Day
Tony FinauMackenzie Hughes
Brian HarmanSi Woo Kim
Russell HenleyTom Kim
Max HomaSungjae Im
Collin MorikawaMin Woo Lee
Xander SchauffeleHideki Matsuyama
Scottie SchefflerTaylor Pendrith
Sahith TheegalaAdam Scott

Reactions: parrott
No doubt that if he stays healthy he is going to win again. I tried to tell buddies of mine that it comes down to its Tiger freaken Woods. He is the most talented and greatest golfer of my generation if not all time. Yes, there is a lot of young and great talent on tour now but they are not Tiger Woods. He has that extra gear (mentally) that nobody on tour has.

Really liked what I saw. Could tell he was not in "golf shape" and it wore on him each day and finally got the best of him on Sunday.

If he stays healthy, gets more tournament rounds in him, and regains most of the confidence he once had he is going to win some events this year and I would not put it past him to win a major in the next year or two.

This could be the beginning of one of the greatest sports comebacks and could be a tremendous era for golf. Just hope he can stay healthy.

No doubt that if he stays healthy he is going to win again. I tried to tell buddies of mine that it comes down to its Tiger freaken Woods. He is the most talented and greatest golfer of my generation if not all time. Yes, there is a lot of young and great talent on tour now but they are not Tiger Woods. He has that extra gear (mentally) that nobody on tour has.

Really liked what I saw. Could tell he was not in "golf shape" and it wore on him each day and finally got the best of him on Sunday.

If he stays healthy, gets more tournament rounds in him, and regains most of the confidence he once had he is going to win some events this year and I would not put it past him to win a major in the next year or two.

This could be the beginning of one of the greatest sports comebacks and could be a tremendous era for golf. Just hope he can stay healthy.
TIger cant play 4 roundd and npt have bogey free rounds evetyday

TIger cant play 4 roundd and npt have bogey free rounds evetyday
You do realize that post was when he was returning from back surgery in 2018, right? Pretty spot on. Agree, he’s done now. May be able to do something on the Champions Tour being able to ride a cart but even that may be a stretch now.

THURSDAY’S MATCHUPS, TEE TIMES

11:35 a.m. ET:
Xander Schauffele (USA), Tony Finau (USA) vs. Jason Day (Australia), Byeong-Hun An (South Korea)

11:53 a.m. ET: Collin Morikawa (USA), Sahith Theegala (USA) vs. Adam Scott (Australia), Min Woo Lee (Australia)

12:11 p.m. ET: Scottie Scheffler (USA), Russell Henley (USA) vs. Sungjae Im (South Korea), Tom Kim (South Korea)

12:29 p.m. ET: Wyndham Clark (USA), Keegan Bradley (USA) vs. Taylor Pendrith (Canada), Cristiaan Bezuidenhout (South Africa)

12:47 p.m. ET: Patrick Cantlay (USA), Sam Burns (USA) vs. Hideki Matsuyama (Japan), Corey Conners (Canada)

EVENT SCHEDULE

Thursday

Round 1 (four-ball), 11:35 a.m. ET

Friday

Round 2 (foursomes), 1:05 p.m. ET

Saturday

Round 3 (four-ball), 7:02 a.m. ET

Round 4 (foursomes), 1:40 p.m. ET

Sunday

Round 5 (singles), 12:02 p.m. ET

Reactions: TCPUKChamps
5-0 ? Geez.

a man in a red shirt is crying and says throw the damn towel

Reactions: cawoodsct
The tour has to outlaw these guys lining up putts by walking along the line and taking a shit. It takes forever and is not necessary. These guys are so anal it’s pathetic. Whoever started this needs to be banned from the tour. A damn joke.

Reactions: Catfan in Tn.
5-0 ? Geez.

a man in a red shirt is crying and says throw the damn towel
I am probably in the top 5% of golf fans I know . . . and have zero interest in the President's Cup. It is almost always a total mismatch played during football season. Would honestly rather watch the fall PGA events, at least you have guys trying their ass off to keep their playing privileges for the next season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT